Thread: H2O to start charging taxes and fees May 1, 2019

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    my 2.18 a month seems like a bargain i guess...sigh. wondered why this went up all of a sudden

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does h2o charge a service fee each month on paygo, the way Airvoice does? I am looking for the absolutely cheapest way to get carrier voice/texting to supplement an annual Freedompop data sim. I hardly need any minutes or texts, but I don't want to rely on VOIP in case I need to be making or getting calls. I can use either AT&T or T-Mobile, but I don't think there are any T-Mobile MVNO's that give you 90 days betweent top ups. If I have to pay as much as $5/month, I might as well renew my RP 100/100/500 annual plan.

TL;dr: does h20 impose a monthly service charge on paygo? Is there a cheaper GSM MVNO that allows you 90 days between top ups?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They haven't so far. Just my minimal usage.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier(s)
    h2o Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hey, Team H2O here!

Your plan has always included the cost of taxes, and H2O Wireless has paid those taxes on your behalf. Unfortunately, since May 1, 2019, we started charging taxes. The reasons are that there is a new tax regulation, the varying tax rates from state to state and the taxes has been raised.

I would be happy to help you to verify how much you will be paying of taxes. Please send us a private message to better assist you.

We hope the above can clarify your concerns. Should you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us through a private message.

Regards,
    Rose R.
    Team H2O.
    1-800-643-4926.

Carrier(s)
    h2o Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hey, Team H2O here!

Your plan has always included the cost of taxes, and H2O Wireless has paid those taxes on your behalf. Unfortunately, since May 1, 2019, we started charging taxes. The reasons are that there is a new tax regulation, the varying tax rates from state to state and the taxes has been raised.

I would be happy to help you to verify how much you will be paying of taxes. Please send us a private message to better assist you.

We hope the above can clarify your concerns. Should you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us through a private message.

Regards,
    Rose R.
    Team H2O.
    1-800-643-4926.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2