Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprintís Merger With T-Mobile Is Taking Too Long. Itís Time to Worry. - Barron's

Feedback Score

Sprintís Merger With T-Mobile Is Taking Too Long. Itís Time to Worry. - Barron's

https://www.barrons.com/articles/why...ng-51554904750

Hopefully TMO can still get this deal done? Looking kinda Hairy Lately?

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : ďYour talent is Godís gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.Ē Leo Buscaglia : ďWith God, all things are POSSIBLE.Ē Mark 10:27

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why would anyone worry when this was in nobody's best interest outside of Sprint or Tmo?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I hit a pay wall.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I hit a pay wall.
    I saw that after reading a couple lines, but I hit the X on the 'please pay us' and it went away and I could finish the story.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Why would anyone worry when this was in nobody's best interest outside of Sprint or Tmo?
    Because that's your opinion and not a fact.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Feedback Score
    It would also be good for Verizon and AT&T because it eliminates one competitor and enables the three remaining carriers to raise prices. Itís bad for consumers so the Trump administration will likely lobby for it to be approved. Both T-Mobile and Sprint really need this to go through. Sprint has the 5G spectrum that T-Mobile badly needs, and Sprint needs money and marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well now that AT&T new mmWave Towers that have been deploying are only getting 350 feet to 600 feet distance that are useable. So looks like. Sprint and T-Mobile merger is the only hope for 5G nation wide. https://www.pcmag.com/news/367777/tr...ng-5g-spectrum

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    Because that's your opinion and not a fact.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using HoFo mobile app
    Ehhh...

https://hbr.org/2018/03/is-lack-of-c...he-u-s-economy

It's only a year old, but also clearly cites the ATT and Tmobile merger. It has many examples and data, some of which could be hard to put on the wireless market as the data goes back to the early 1970s, before cellular networks were around. Remember in 2011 Tmobile was predicted to be down and out. Dead man walking, sell sell sell, it'll be torn apart in mere months/years.

That kinda went exactly the opposite. We are now back to having most networks offering some form of 'unlimited', or a large 20gb+ bucket of data and then throttling. Messages and minutes aren't counted anymore, it's just all data.

Do you propose we shut down the great competition we've seen lately?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Martin View Post
    It would also be good for Verizon and AT&T because it eliminates one competitor and enables the three remaining carriers to raise prices. It’s bad for consumers so the Trump administration will likely lobby for it to be approved. Both T-Mobile and Sprint really need this to go through. Sprint has the 5G spectrum that T-Mobile badly needs, and Sprint needs money and marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Are you serious that you think AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile that has over 90% of the customers is worrying about Sprint, USCC and Cspire before they raise their prices? With out a merger Or another buyout that no one other than T- Mobile has shown interest in, Sprint will be bankrupt and broken up and sold to speculators by the banks and hedge funds that Sprint owes 40 plus billions in debt to. Then there will be only three networks left.

Sprint can’t make a profit now to pay down their debts. SoftBank isn’t going to Rescue Sprint since SoftBank also has massive debt. Sprint doesn’t have the money to switch from the obsolete CDMA to 5G NR. Sprint is dying.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Martin View Post
    It would also be good for Verizon and AT&T because it eliminates one competitor and enables the three remaining carriers to raise prices. .....
    For the sake of argument, I agree with you but what options do you propose?
    1. Sprint goes bankrupt and gets picked apart by the other three carriers? Verizon ends up with Sprint's 2.5GHz licenses?
    2. Magical, mystical fairy godmother appears and makes $40B in debt go away with the wave of a wand?

Feedback Score
    Verse of the Day: And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28 NLT

http://www.klove.com/ministry/encour...rd/?d=4/2/2019

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    For the sake of argument, I agree with you but what options do you propose?
    1. Sprint goes bankrupt and gets picked apart by the other three carriers? Verizon ends up with Sprint's 2.5GHz licenses?
    2. Magical, mystical fairy godmother appears and makes $40B in debt go away with the wave of a wand?
    Plot twist: Verizon or At&t is the fairy godmother. Or At&t and Verizon get merged into At&verizon instead. But really, i hope sprint doesn't get bankrupt.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Hereís why I believe that Sprint doesnít think the merger will go through. They just finished their first cell site to be constructed in Reno in about 10 years - co-located on the same tower that T-Mobile just upgraded to B71 panels:

Sprint has the white panels on the middle platform, T-Mobile on the bottom.

Sprint has one more new site under construction here - also a co-lo on an existing T-Mobile pole.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ehhh...

https://hbr.org/2018/03/is-lack-of-c...he-u-s-economy

It's only a year old, but also clearly cites the ATT and Tmobile merger. It has many examples and data, some of which could be hard to put on the wireless market as the data goes back to the early 1970s, before cellular networks were around. Remember in 2011 Tmobile was predicted to be down and out. Dead man walking, sell sell sell, it'll be torn apart in mere months/years.

That kinda went exactly the opposite. We are now back to having most networks offering some form of 'unlimited', or a large 20gb+ bucket of data and then throttling. Messages and minutes aren't counted anymore, it's just all data.

Do you propose we shut down the great competition we've seen lately?
    T had to give Tmus over $4 billion dollars and roaming. Without that gimme, we wouldn't have what we have now.

Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Verse of the Day: And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28 NLT

http://www.klove.com/ministry/encour...rd/?d=4/2/2019

Hold on. That might trigger some people.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast