Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    If you ever wanted to try AT&T you could with a new number and on same account you can port your number over to it. I just did this a few months back and it worked without problem. Only thing is you would have to call CS to get your online account info reset tho. This way you could grab the promo before it ends
    Yeah but then I have to pay for Verizon and AT&T at same time. Or are you saying it is possible to sign up for ATT and keep the account active without funding it right away?
    Last edited by jmsilver99; 05-11-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Yeah but then I have to pay for Verizon and AT&T at same time. Or are you saying it is possible to sign up for ATT and keep the account active without funding it right away?
    I suspect he is just referring to have 2 accounts for however long your current account lasts. Worst case, you are out the month's service cost. Spend money in the short term to possibly save money in the long term.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Sorry if I worded anything off lol. What I was referring to was that since your Verizon credits run until July 25 you can make an AT&T account just before your credits are up then when the Verizon one is over you can your number over to the already existing att account you made before the promo is up. You have to call on phone but the reps will do it for you they did this with me.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3A
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's been a while since I checked in on this forum, but I'm so glad I did! I got a Pixel 3a the other day. I'm really liking it except that with my other phones I always kept a ton of music on them locally, but can't really do that with the Pixel's 64 gb. So I'll be streaming music a whole lot more and I'll risk going over the 5 gb I get monthly through Cricket. This AT&T deal seems like it'd work for me. However I have a couple of questions:

1) I see that for a few more days AT&T's site has SIM cards for free when you sign up for new service. Should I do this, will I still have my Cricket service while the card is en route? (Kind of a stupid question, I know, but I'd like my phone to work while I wait.)
    2) Conversely, if I activate the service at an AT&T store, will they charge for the SIM? ($10?) Any other service fees for in person activation?
    "Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by JMBLYA View Post
    It's been a while since I checked in on this forum, but I'm so glad I did! I got a Pixel 3a the other day. I'm really liking it except that with my other phones I always kept a ton of music on them locally, but can't really do that with the Pixel's 64 gb. So I'll be streaming music a whole lot more and I'll risk going over the 5 gb I get monthly through Cricket. This AT&T deal seems like it'd work for me. However I have a couple of questions:

1) I see that for a few more days AT&T's site has SIM cards for free when you sign up for new service. Should I do this, will I still have my Cricket service while the card is en route? (Kind of a stupid question, I know, but I'd like my phone to work while I wait.)
    2) Conversely, if I activate the service at an AT&T store, will they charge for the SIM? ($10?) Any other service fees for in person activation?
    We ported into 8+8 last week from Cricket. Att corporate store...prepaid Sims are free. You have to do autopay to get the extra 8

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Essential, Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket & Sprint (free 1yr)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Had Cricket for long time then switched to Tracfone Verizon service few weeks ago -- ported over to ATT Prepaid on Friday at a local corp store

Had the rep setup auto pay during registration so ended up paying $45.36 w/ tax for 1st mo -- sim card was free and my number ported automatically within few mins (didn't have to call Tracfone)

To find a corp store you can use store locator and click on each store's website -- scroll down to "About the Store" section to see if it shows "Authorized Retailer" or not

Corp store:
    About the ___ Store
    (blank)
    Our Services

Non-corp store:
    About the ___ Store
    Authorized Retailer
    Our Services

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has anyone figured out the “network congestion att May slow speeds” on this plan sign? I don’t see it anywhere else besides the sign. The 8 gb plan should not be subject to the any-time deprioritisation...only the cheaper of the Unl plans is subject to the anytime depriority

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Has anyone figured out the “network congestion att May slow speeds” on this plan sign? I don’t see it anywhere else besides the sign. The 8 gb plan should not be subject to the any-time deprioritisation...only the cheaper of the Unl plans is subject to the anytime depriority

I haven’t but I have noticed lately my speeds aren’t always high tho like it was before. Beforehand I was able to pull over 20 mbps now lately it’s 11-23 around there not sure what’s happening

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3A
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    We ported into 8+8 last week from Cricket. Att corporate store...prepaid Sims are free. You have to do autopay to get the extra 8

Quote Originally Posted by JaTaN View Post
    Had Cricket for long time then switched to Tracfone Verizon service few weeks ago -- ported over to ATT Prepaid on Friday at a local corp store

Had the rep setup auto pay during registration so ended up paying $45.36 w/ tax for 1st mo -- sim card was free and my number ported automatically within few mins (didn't have to call Tracfone)

To find a corp store you can use store locator and click on each store's website -- scroll down to "About the Store" section to see if it shows "Authorized Retailer" or not

Corp store:
    About the ___ Store
    (blank)
    Our Services

Non-corp store:
    About the ___ Store
    Authorized Retailer
    Our Services
    Thanks. I'll just go ahead and activate it in person. And thanks for the heads up about the corporate stores. The one I was planning on going to isn't one, but there a few that are in my area.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I ordered sim by chat with ATT.

Told them I will start service in 2 weeks.

Chose a phone number. [the one before last was ATT & I did not want to take chances]

They charged me for a $50 monthly card [will do autopay next month].

sim was free and arrived next day fedex.

I just wait to be over my present service, then I will just have to replace sim.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by JMBLYA View Post
    Thanks. I'll just go ahead and activate it in person. And thanks for the heads up about the corporate stores. The one I was planning on going to isn't one, but there a few that are in my area.
    The corporate store in my area was pretty clueless about moving from post to prepaid. Recommended all manner of options for porting out and then back in.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just signed up for the $50 plan at a corporate store. The online plan summary for my account makes no mention of a bonus data offer. Isn't it supposed to?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You must sign for auto-pay too to get the 8 +8

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by femuse View Post
    You must sign for auto-pay too to get the 8 +8
    I am signed up for autopay.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There were some reports it showed up a couple days later. I'm going to give the Verizon 8+7 offer a try since can't switch from ATT 8GB to 8+8 without leaving first. Though I kind of with I had switched before my road trip to Nebraska. ATT is noticeably spottier service than Verizon outside the larger cities/towns.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast