Thread: Incoming wifi calls go directly to voicemail, carrier calls ring through

Carrier(s)
    H2O paygo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Incoming wifi calls go directly to voicemail, carrier calls ring through

My wife texted me today to let me know that her call to my GV number went directly to voicemail. I made a test call from my desk phone and sure enough, it went directly to voice mail without even one ring. I am about 10 feet from the wireless router so I have a strong wifi signal.

I changed back to use carrier only and the call rang through. Has anybody else experienced this?

It may just be a temporary glitch--GV seems to have these frequently--so I'll try again tomorrow.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post

It may just be a temporary glitch--GV seems to have these frequently--so I'll try again tomorrow.
    It if it happens again it might be a good test to enable Hangouts to receive calls and compare Hangouts against the GV app over WiFi.

When incoming calls go straight to voicemail are you still able to make outbound calls when on WiFi?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    My wife texted me today to let me know that her call to my GV number went directly to voicemail. I made a test call from my desk phone and sure enough, it went directly to voice mail without even one ring. I am about 10 feet from the wireless router so I have a strong wifi signal.

I changed back to use carrier only and the call rang through. Has anybody else experienced this?

Do you have GV set to forward missed calls to your email? If so, did you immediately receive an email, even though the app didn't ring? I'm just wondering...

Carrier(s)
    H2O paygo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The problem continues today. I haven't tried using Hangouts, and no, I don't have forward missed calls. When I look at GV on the web I see missed calls. I tried both from my desk phone and a spare cell phone that I have, and calls go directly to voice mail. But here's the strange thing. I see on my phone a message that Voice is doing work in the background when calls ring in.

Name:  voice is working.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  35.6 KB

So somehow this Voice is doing work in the background is telling me that calls won't connect, but Voice is doing work...

As before, this problem disappears when I change back to use carrier only.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Do you have a second phone that has the GV app with the same account on it that you could check to see if it rings when you call your GV #?

I had an issue last week (http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...-Strange-Issue) with one of my phones where Hangouts stopped ringing reliably after I made a change to the phone, but Hangouts on my other phones was still ringing correctly. Of course, with Hangouts, calls are over data (VoIP) only. Somehow the problem corrected itself in a few hours.