Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Starts Rollout Of $100-A-Month Pay-TV Package TVision Home

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Starts Rollout Of $100-A-Month Pay-TV Package TVision Home

https://deadline.com/2019/04/t-mobil...me-1202592753/

or $90 if you have Tmobile cellular service. To be fair, this looks to be just a rebranding of the Layer3 service, not the future streaming service... but... these prices are astronomical and makes me worry what kind of "uncarrier magic" their streaming service will be, if they think this is a good price point.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    these prices are astronomical
    Agreed. In my case, I can switch between Fios and Comcast and can easily get Cable+Internet for $75 for 24-months. I know that isn't the case for everyone, but even compared to DirecTVs 'normal' non-promo price, this is still barely competitive. Having no promo pricing will make this a non-starter for most people.

It's bizarre T-Mobile quoted the average cable bill is $107. So this service doesn't save you anything, why keep harping that number when it doesn't help make their argument?

The fortune article claims they want to go after the 'premium' cable consumers. OK, so those who don't mind spending a bit more for more channels. If that person doesn't mind paying $140 to AT&T/Spectrum/Comcast/Dish, why would they bother switching to this? It's all a huge hassle, and 'premium' customers likely do not care about saving money either.

I don't see this helping with the merger either, though they seem to think so.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They didn’t think this one through..

I pay $110 for 6 TVs on DirecTV Ultimate with the Genie 2 + 1000/1000Mbps ATT fiber internet for $40 a month.

This would cost me more than I pay AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Starts Rollout Of $100-A-Month Pay-TV Package TVision Home

This will be a fail. Not sure how T-Mobile’s stock will handle this. They seemed to have spent quite a bit of money to purchase Layer 3. However, this is a good indication that the tv/cable market is basically at the lowest it can be to be profitable. If T-Mobile can’t get the price point much lower then it can’t be done. I’m sure even at the stated number they are probably not making much but if you want live TV nowadays and access to every channel you have to be prepared to spend that type of money, I guess.
    Also, there is no iOS or android app to control tv viewing.

Last edited by obeythelaw; 04-10-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They should have priced it @ $40-$50 per month. This is way too high. They also rolled out T-mobile Money which has also been an epic fail. No one wants or needs 150+ channels. The problem is, all these networks like NBC, Fox, CBS etc own multiple other channels that are only available on cable, so.....they tell all the companies, if you want to have NBC you need to also bundle our other 10-20 channels. Some channels have very low viewership so they have to bundle them. What we need to do to change this industry is to stop watching cable and stick to an HDTV antenna and watch over the air tv channels. This will probably never happen therefore we will always pay through the nose for tv.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wonder what the channels will be. I have Gigabit and TV thru Verizon and have every channel I watch- Total bill $96 a month, no data cap. Gigabit alone thru Verizon is $79, and then $100 for TV? Nah
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:
    https://imgur.com/a/UMj1hM1

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    They didn’t think this one through..

I pay $110 for 6 TVs on DirecTV Ultimate with the Genie 2 + 1000/1000Mbps ATT fiber internet for $40 a month.

This would cost me more than I pay AT&T.

I pay $110 for my internet. My YouTube red subscriptions only 10 bucks a month. So I pay for gigabit internet though. So in total fairness T-Mobile's TV services garbage.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Way too pricey. Not worth it. I canceled Directv now for they raising price 3rd time since launch. If they can’t honor grandfathered rate, then I also rather not have any loyalty to a business.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    There's little to nothing on the TV that I'd find worth $100/mo. My viewing needs are satisfied by an antenna, Netflix and what I can stream for free. I seriously doubt that I'll be taking T-Mobile up on their TV offering.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    They should have priced it @ $40-$50 per month. This is way too high. They also rolled out T-mobile Money which has also been an epic fail. No one wants or needs 150+ channels. The problem is, all these networks like NBC, Fox, CBS etc own multiple other channels that are only available on cable, so.....they tell all the companies, if you want to have NBC you need to also bundle our other 10-20 channels. Some channels have very low viewership so they have to bundle them. What we need to do to change this industry is to stop watching cable and stick to an HDTV antenna and watch over the air tv channels. This will probably never happen therefore we will always pay through the nose for tv.
    I did exactly that about three years ago. Haven’t regretted it for a second.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    https://deadline.com/2019/04/t-mobil...me-1202592753/

or $90 if you have Tmobile cellular service. To be fair, this looks to be just a rebranding of the Layer3 service, not the future streaming service... but... these prices are astronomical and makes me worry what kind of "uncarrier magic" their streaming service will be, if they think this is a good price point.
    As you said " To be fair, this looks to be just a rebranding of the Layer3 service, not the future streaming service... "

All they have done is rename Layer3 TV. That requires a lease of fiber optic cable to deliver the service.... This is just traditional cable not T-Mobile's future Wireless TV service with 5G NR that may require Sprint merger to acquire the spectrum to build out.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah this shouldn’t have been released until they deployed their 5G Servpro have a back bone for this TV. I think that’s still the plan, but this was done for merger related issues.
    Verizon LTE

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    As you said " To be fair, this looks to be just a rebranding of the Layer3 service, not the future streaming service... "

All they have done is rename Layer3 TV. That requires a lease of fiber optic cable to deliver the service.... This is just traditional cable not T-Mobile's future Wireless TV service with 5G NR that may require Sprint merger to acquire the spectrum to build out.
    I still call it bunk

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why would anyone pay ~$90/month for this, when they can get YouTube TV / Hulu / DirecTV Now for 1/2, and is available on multiple devices / OS's / Platforms. Sure, $45 just pays for the 'service' and not the 'internet' to backhaul it, but I can use my cell with unlimited.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I do think in fairness to T-Mobile, this wasn't marketed as a cord cutting solution. Let's face it, with DirectvNow and Hulu, for example, you can't get all channels. Some channels exist on one platform and the others on something else. With this TVision, you pretty much get every channel you want and then you can still subscribe to Neftlix or HBO and it should only cost you about $150.00 a month. I pay $135.00 a month now with 150/150 and Tivo with cable card and I have every channel except for Cinemax. The question is if I decided to cancel my TV package, what would me Internet be with Fios? If it was any more than $50.00 a month, then it wouldn't make sense. I certainly don't need any gigabit speeds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast