Thread: Page Plus will no longer activate non VO LTE phones

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score

Page Plus will no longer activate non VO LTE phones

As of yesterday PP no longer activates phones that are not VO LTE compatible. I wonder if you can take an active sim card and have it work in a non VO LTE phone, thoughts?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How did you find this out? From what I heard which is crazy indirectly, all of the Tracfone's support says that Verizon is not dropping CDMA.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    How did you find this out? From what I heard which is crazy indirectly, all of the Tracfone's support says that Verizon is not dropping CDMA.
    I had tried activating a new line with 2 different phones and they couldn't activate it because they were not VO LTE compatible. Here is a link to check for compatibility: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/network-changes/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I knew that site was there, but there was never a true date that anyone could get out of anyone. I wonder if any of the other Tracfone companies is that way.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...re-End-of-2019 Long thread but this may be helpful

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    As of yesterday PP no longer activates phones that are not VO LTE compatible. I wonder if you can take an active sim card and have it work in a non VO LTE phone, thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    I had tried activating a new line with 2 different phones and they couldn't activate it because they were not VO LTE compatible. Here is a link to check for compatibility: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/network-changes/
    Thanks for the report. That non-VoLTE activations would stop in April, 2019, after being extended from the originally announced 12/31/18 date, was common knowledge, an actual date was never stated. Now we know...it's now!

I knew that site was there, but there was never a true date that anyone could get out of anyone. I wonder if any of the other Tracfone companies is that way.
    That was NEVER the case. Whatever your indirect source for that info was, it was very wrong! As I noted above, the April, 2019, end to non-VoLTE activations was common knowledge.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks for the report. That non-VoLTE activations would stop in April, 2019, after being extended from the originally announced 12/31/18 date, was common knowledge, an actual date was never stated. Now we know...it's now!

That was NEVER the case. Whatever your indirect source for that info was, it was very wrong! As I noted above, the April, 2019, end to non-VoLTE activations was common knowledge.
    If you talk to support, you will get the same thing as loboheeler got here: "We want to let you know that we have not received any communication or update from our Upper Management regarding Verizon's decision to change technology from CDMA to VoLTE. Thus, we assure you that our CDMA phones (e.g. TracFone LG Rebel 4 Smartphone) will still continue to work."

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just ran the imei of a old vzw s4 through the PP esn dealer validation tool. Came back as valid for activation.

Using the link above comes back invalid. And customer service chat claims it valid as well. Typical. Being a non-volte device im pretty confident it would fail when trying an actual activation.

Glad I got rid of all my older phones earlier this year.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Small additional data point. I have an old iPhone 5c model A1456 that was originally a Sprint prepaid/MVNO model. It has since been unlocked and the Sprint pre/postpaid flag has been switched to postpaid and I've had it active on Sprint postpaid for almost two years.

Anyway, popping in an already active PP sim worked perfectly yesterday. No VoLTE (5c not VoLTE capable), no wifi calling, and no visual voicemail, but CDMA calls and LTE data worked perfectly with the ivzwinternet.tracfone.com profile installed. The sim is from an active PP PAYG 4G line that I normally keep housed in a StraightTalk locked iPhone 6s (recently purchased new from Walmart) that also hasn't had VoLTE, VVM, or wifi calling activated yet on PP.

When the same 5c phone was active on Sprint postpaid, wifi calling and VVM worked perfectly on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Just ran the imei of a old vzw s4 through the PP esn dealer validation tool. Came back as valid for activation. Using the link above comes back invalid. And customer service chat claims it valid as well. Typical. Being a non-volte device im pretty confident it would fail when trying an actual activation. Glad I got rid of all my older phones earlier this year.
    maybe because of this - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...prepaid+dealer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks for the report. That non-VoLTE activations would stop in April, 2019, after being extended from the originally announced 12/31/18 date, was common knowledge, an actual date was never stated.
    Common knowledge yes, but the source escaped me. May have been Dennis Bournique, formally of PrepaidPhoneNews. He occasionally posts some goodies in the Tracfone/Net10 forum. Member name is Yeswap.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Just ran the imei of a old vzw s4 through the PP esn dealer validation tool. Came back as valid for activation.

Using the link above comes back invalid. And customer service chat claims it valid as well. Typical. Being a non-volte device im pretty confident it would fail when trying an actual activation.

Glad I got rid of all my older phones earlier this year.
    Same here, some of those reps have no clue

Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Tried activating an iphone 4 today and inputed the meid on their website and it returned good to go. Yet when I called in to activate that's when I found out no more old phones, all phones have to have a sim card in it basically. AARRGGHH
    That's when I came here and found out the bad news started this month.
    Now I have a $29.95 pin I can't use.
    Anybody want to buy it for $27? I paid $30.95 at callingmart.
    Last edited by ken1908; 04-21-2019 at 12:38 AM.