Thread: Accessories for Motorola MicroTAC Select 6000e

Feedback Score

Accessories for Motorola MicroTAC Select 6000e

Hi,

Fairly new here.

I just got a nice MicroTAC Select 6000e which another user here kindly unlocked for me, and I'd like to know where I can find any accessories for it, and if there are any StarTAC accessories, such as car chargers and such, that might also be compatible with the 6000e, as they appear to use the same connector.

Also wondering if compatible hands free headsets were ever made for these, or if not, if there is a way I may go about finding or building an adapter so I can use a modern headset.

Thanks!

c

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    So, I Googled this handset, as I was sure you weren't talking about an old-school MicroTAC.

... huh.

So- what am I missing here? (IOW, "Why?")
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The model # of that phone shows that it was a GSM 1900 device released in 1997. Same phone model ???

If it is, finding accessories will be very difficult and may be limited to generic charging cables and/or batteries due to the age of the device. Accessory manufacturers rarely produce products for devices that old.

Used accessories may be the only option, check ebay.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There's a pinout of the phone connector on the internet. If you're willing to probe some connections and design your own, that might be a viable option. When in doubt, check eBay.

http://old.pinouts.ru/CellularPhones...7_pinout.shtml
    <3 Motorola

Feedback Score
    Hmm, OK.

Does anyone know the pinout of the same connector on a StarTAC? If they're the same (and I suspect they might be), then would not many StarTAC accessories be compatible with the MicroTAC Select 6000e to some extent? Since there were many more StarTACs sold, it would stand to reason that accessories for them would be much more plentiful, and if the connectors are compatible, that makes finding accessories for the Select 6000e much easier.

Be that as it may, I don't care too much if the accessories are used. I just want to know if they exist (I'm sure that back when the phone was new, there were numerous accessories released (this would be especially true of the StarTAC, as I've read they were quite popular), so surely there must still be some used or NOS ones out there somewhere?)

c

Feedback Score
    OK, I found a car charger which *explicitly* states compatibility with the Select 6000e, and I got another charger which appeared to use the same connector, but it says it's for StarTACs, so I now have something to compare it to. If the StarTAC charger doesn't work, I definitely have another one that will.

Once I've sorted it out, I can get a compatible, broken something-or-other and hack up the connector for use with... something. If the StarTAC charger does fit, that will make it somewhat easier to find broken stuff.

c