Thread: Removed beta iOS profile got an update notification I can't get rid of.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Removed beta iOS profile got an update notification I can't get rid of.

I got tired of the beta iOS for a little while. I removed the profile and did a restore to the latest stock iOS 12.2 three days ago. This morning I received a notification that iOS 12.3 beta 2 is available to upgrade. I dismissed the notification as I don't have the beta profile anymore. But when I went to my home screen there was the little red 1 icon on the settings app. I go into settings/general/software update and it says I'm on the latest iOS. BUT THE ICON IS STILL THERE!!! This is driving me insane. I want that icon to go away. So of course I post on the Apple support forums asking and I get "Try restoring your phone." First things first... I JUST FREAKING DID THAT THREE DAYS AGO!! Secondly if I did restore it It would be to today's backup of it having the notification icon there, or from three days ago where it will just pop up again. Lastly a freaking restore from backup takes 3-4 hours to do and I don't have that kind of time to waste over and over again.

So I ask here where you all at least know what you are talking about. Is there any way to get rid of that blasted icon before I completely lose it?

Thanks
    Generic signature text.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodville View Post
    I got tired of the beta iOS for a little while. I removed the profile and did a restore to the latest stock iOS 12.2 three days ago. This morning I received a notification that iOS 12.3 beta 2 is available to upgrade. I dismissed the notification as I don't have the beta profile anymore. But when I went to my home screen there was the little red 1 icon on the settings app. I go into settings/general/software update and it says I'm on the latest iOS. BUT THE ICON IS STILL THERE!!! This is driving me insane. I want that icon to go away. So of course I post on the Apple support forums asking and I get "Try restoring your phone." First things first... I JUST FREAKING DID THAT THREE DAYS AGO!! Secondly if I did restore it It would be to today's backup of it having the notification icon there, or from three days ago where it will just pop up again. Lastly a freaking restore from backup takes 3-4 hours to do and I don't have that kind of time to waste over and over again.

So I ask here where you all at least know what you are talking about. Is there any way to get rid of that blasted icon before I completely lose it?

Thanks
    Dip it in warm water for 15 seconds, that should make it go away.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did you forget the iPhone 7 was the first water resistant phone. It’ll take longer than 15 seconds to fix it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't know much iOS, but try turning off Find My iPhone, sign out of iCloud, then sign back on again

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodville View Post

Thanks
    iOS 12.3 beta 2 has not been released yet. Did you mean beta 1?

I had a similar problem about a year ago when I wanted to get out of the beta. The fix for me:

1) Reinstall the beta profile
    2) Install the beta that it wants you to install.
    3) Remove the beta profile, and reboot.
    4) Re-install the stock firmware.

You should not need to do a backup restore, since 12.2 to 12.3 isn't a major change. However, YMMV.

Personally, I no longer get involved with iOS betas.