Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buying a TF Phone that comes with 1 year of service. Can I Transfer the service?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If both phones use the Vzw network, can the original phone have the service on the new phone, which now presumably has the new phone's promo bundle and the original phone's balances combined together with the original phone's phone # , moved back using the same SIM card that was in the original phone?
    Yes. TF allows reusing a CDMA SIM, so you can transfer back without needing a new SIM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beev_ View Post
    I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S9+, International Version, on Tracfone (via T-Mobile TF Nano Sim Card).
    If you want to simply swap SIM after activating the new phone (with steps 1 & 2), This LG Fiesta 2 Bundle on Ebay uses T-mobile, but costs $79.99. It's sold directly by Tracfone. They will ship it by FedEx Home Delivery 1-2 days after purchase, and delivered about 2 days later. The Fiesta 2 is inferior to your S9+, but it's a decent phone, has a big screen and a large battery. Good as a backup phone or a Wifi device.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Wondering about best sequence to Port 2 phone numbers ( Dad & Mom phone #’s )into TracFone .....and use the bundled 1 year of service, 1200 M/T/D with the recent LG Fiesta buy one get one free EBay sale ?

I thought I would add the SIM cards to my account ( one sim will be AT&T, other will be Verizon )
    Then port #,s to those SIMs ?
    Maybe will need to add a $15 airtime card ? Then transfer service to bundled LG Fiesta phone >> then back to original SIM / phone ?
    Or is this too convoluted? Hoping for a simpler method. Perhaps do all this in one fell swoop. Help is appreciated.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    Wondering about best sequence to Port 2 phone numbers ( Dad & Mom phone #’s )into TracFone .....and use the bundled 1 year of service, 1200 M/T/D with the recent LG Fiesta buy one get one free EBay sale ?

I thought I would add the SIM cards to my account ( one sim will be AT&T, other will be Verizon )
    Then port #,s to those SIMs ?
    Are those numbers with other provider(s) now?
    What SIMs are you planning to add to your accounts, TF BYOP?

If YES to both questions, I'd activate the Fiesta phones along with the port-in. I think during the activation process you tell TF (online or Chat) that the numbers are with another provider right now. I did it for my wife's phone about 5 yrs ago.

After the Fiesta phones are working, transfers service from the Fiesta 2 to the BYOP SIMs.

The BOGO Fiesta 2 uses T-mobile. Make sure T-mo works at your (or their) location to be able to complete the activation process.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Are those numbers with other provider(s) now?
    What SIMs are you planning to add to your accounts, TF BYOP?

If YES to both questions, I'd activate the Fiesta phones along with the port-in. I think during the activation process you tell TF (online or Chat) that the numbers are with another provider right now. I did it for my wife's phone about 5 yrs ago.

After the Fiesta phones are working, transfers service from the Fiesta 2 to the BYOP SIMs.

The BOGO Fiesta 2 uses T-mobile. Make sure T-mo works at your (or their) location to be able to complete the activation process.
    Yes to both questions- both with PureTalk AT&T mvno, both will be BYOP SIM cards.
    Thanks for the advice, sounds more straightforward. They live 90 miles from me, will check on T-Mobile coverage there - that’s an important piece as well. I have all the account info & I have the BYOP SIM cards , so timing it will be tricky as I only have an overnight & next day to do this. I will also have the BOGO LG Fiesta phones. Thanks again.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    They live 90 miles from me, will check on T-Mobile coverage there - that’s an important piece as well. I have all the account info & I have the BYOP SIM cards , so timing it will be tricky as I only have an overnight & next day to do this. I will also have the BOGO LG Fiesta phones.
    The porting process will take a few days, if no glitch. If T-mo works at your location, and you have in possession the Fiesta phones, you can start the activation process (and complete it when the numbers got ported-in) at your location. You just need their phones' account info, you don't actually need to have their phones. Once the fiesta phones are working, transfer service to the BYOP SIMS, then take those SIMs to their home.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The porting process will take a few days, if no glitch. If T-mo works at your location, and you have in possession the Fiesta phones, you can start the activation process (and complete it when the numbers got ported-in) at your location. You just need their phones' account info, you don't actually need to have their phones. Once the fiesta phones are working, transfer service to the BYOP SIMS, then take those SIMs to their home.
    Great advice, that helps a lot , thank you so much hpham !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2