Thread: Payment not accepted

Feedback Score

Payment not accepted

So get this, I have around a year's worth of credit on balance on my account having bought service payment cards at a discount. I just picked up another one for 20% off via Kroger and the card is valid and has the funds worth a month of service, BUT it won't allow me to add the credit to my account. It says the card info is wrong. After calling Cricket and card issuer Blackhawk, they can't help me.

I tried adding $10 using my credit card and that says invalid too!

Any ideas what the problem could be? Cricket doesn't seem to have any escalated customer support. The non-US help desk could not do a thing. I have never had an issue before and have had more credit on my account before as well.

Feedback Score
    try a different web browser and see
    if the issue persists. are you running any kind of
    script blockers ?? if yes, try disabling them.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, it wasn’t that. iOS, chrome, windows, nothing. Never had a problem before. When I called cricket they even put the card numbers in on their side for me and they couldn’t get it to work either. Then I called Black Hawk the card issuer for cricket and they tried and the same thing happens. They sent me back to cricket who said try again in a month.

The unfortunate part about cricket is that it doesn’t seem easy or even possible to get to an escalated level of customer service. India does not care.

For some reason the cricket system is not allowing me to add any form of payment to my account. All I can think of is it is one of two things. Either the system will not allow you to add more credit over some certain dollar level ( that should not be the case unless they changed something, I have had higher credit levels in my account before). Another possibility is that they are limiting the number of prepaid cards you can put in at once. Last month or earlier this month when target have the buy one get one 30% off I bought two cards so I technically had four cards. Maybe you can add more than four cards in a certain timeframe anymore?

The most infuriating thing is that no one can tell you what the problem is and no one even cares to try and find out. Otherwise, I have enjoyed the service over the last year and a half. The only problem I noticed is that if I am in a crowded area I do have trouble getting a data connection that works so it does seem to deprioitize, but overall I think the service is great for the price.

Feedback Score
    did you try a different credit card ??

Feedback Score
    Yes. No payment is being allowed. Makes no sense. Have tried it all over past 3 days. It just drives me nuts that they can’t answer the question and actually don’t even care to try. I guess I should’ve figured that switching from AT&T post pay to cricket was still just AT&T with their normal weirdness.

I just contacted them via Twitter and they claim that you can’t add over $1000 worth of credit. That wasn’t true a few months back. It may not be true now either they may just be making it up.
    Last edited by khakuda; 03-29-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Feedback Score
    Can't you walk into a Cricket Store?
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, godless, immoral, hypersensitive, crass, narcissist liar, psychopath committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Feedback Score
    Cricket store can’t either. Must be a credit balance limit now.

Feedback Score
    So you can't pay cash at a Cricket store?

Feedback Score
    No, the account won’t take any additional funds to the credit balance. He didn’t try cash. It is not really a big deal, as I assume it will allow funds to be added at some point. The only issue is that no one seems to know what the magic number is over which one can no longer add funds. Maybe $1,000? As I may have mentioned I had balances larger than that in the past but it seems cricket may have put a lower cap on it recently without alerting anyone.

Feedback Score
    So you still have service?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 +
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    We purchased $600 with the recent Target sale and finally got around to applying the e-cards today.

Previously when I got cards it was a refill code. This time the format was a credit card number, including a visa card number, expiration date and CVV2 code.

I couldn't get it to work. It was saying the account was invalid. I finally went and reread the fine print and it said to apply it as a "Service Payment Card" under the quick pay menu. Sure enough, there it was. I tried that and it worked fine.

Not sure if this is the issue you're having, but figured it's worth bringing up.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Thank you, but that is not it in this case. I have applied it in quick pay as a service card and it won’t take. I even tried my visa and Amex directly as a credit card payment and none will take. In other words, I can’t add any credit to my account. Going to wait a couple months until it goes below $1,000 and try again. There seems to be a limit on the number of payments or, more likely, dollar amount. Going to check ATT prepay rules because Cricket might have same rules since the underlying systems are probably merged.

Feedback Score
    Yup:

ATT just called ATT, prepaid account balance limit is $700. So, cricket probably has a limit too. At least ATT has customer reps that have information.