Is this a good thing?
    What about plans that include US data?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    I suspect price increase to justify it....
    We shall see
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Feedback Score
    Awww I misread the article
    I thought it said while in Nationwide you can now use your Home data
    But it’s other way around
    If you blow through all your Home data you will then start your Away bucket

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I really don't see folks jumping on these plans

Sent from my [BlackBerry Keyone] using HoFo mobile app
    Lucky Albertan who has the promo loyalty $50 8gb lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone

Device(s)
    Pixel 2
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score

Prepaid Promo Nationwide Talk + Text + Data

I don't understand why more people aren't using this Prepaid plan. With the digital discount ($5 off for providing a credit card), it is $24/month. I get 1.5GB of Freedom/Nationwide data, unlimited Canada wide calling and unlimited International SMS/MMS. For those of us who don't stream all the things and don't need massive amounts of data, this is the plan I have always wanted.

My contract with Rogers ended recently. It was an older Family Share Plan which I thought was a pretty good value at $133 for two lines with 6GB of data. It included the cost of the Premium tab towards a new phone every two years. If I was going to renew it would have to be with their new Infinite plan which is $75 plus a minimum $20 for hardware, per line. I rarely use over a 1GB of data in a month. I don't make a lot of calls, but I do send the occasional text message to friends and relatives in the US which Rogers charges me either $5/month or $1.25/message. I thought this was the 21st century!

I moved over to Freedom about a month ago. Their website is clearly garbage. Looks great, but would simply not let me register online for the $24/month Prepaid plan, despite trying multiple browsers on multiple computers. Their phone support wasn't any better. They did ask me to visit a nearby store but didn't offer any advise on where that would be (pro tip for future customer service Freedom). The service rep in store was able to get me setup in about 10 minutes, with a BYOD option on the plan I wanted and he helped ensure the digital discount was in place.

My experience to date on network quality has been mostly positive. I live in Surrey and commute in to Vancouver. I haven't noticed any network drops. I have only made one call, without any issue. I did have few SMS messages show as unable to send while at home, but moving to another room in the house addressed that.

My big concern with Freedom had always been coverage. The only other plans that have Nationwide data seem to start at $40 or up and even then they are compromised until you hit the $60 mark. This Prepaid plan at $24 includes 1.5GB of Nationwide so I don't need to worry about the unexpected roaming costs (until I go the US - but even then, I don't have roaming until I enable it at my choice, unlike Rogers where Roam Like Home would bill me $7 even when Data Roaming was disabled if someone sent me an SMS...).

In the Freedom store they certainly don't have any marketing material highlighting this plan and even on the website it is fairly obscure. For me, this is the ideal plan. In the money I save, I can buy a phone outright next year, if needed. My Pixel 2 is working fine on the Freedom network and still feels peppy after 2 years. I have a friend at work who had used Freedom before and came back, just for this plan.

Why aren't more people opting for this plan? Am I missing something?
    Promo Freedom Nationwide Talk + Text + 1.5GB (1GB plan with promo price and 500MB bonus data)

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would suspect that more are not opting for the plan, as many perceive they need more data than they do.. Saying that. Some for sure do, and some for sure do want the latest greatest phone on a subsidy, and there are many who can't force themselves to pay to a savings account some $ per month to help with an outright phone upgrade in the future. So, Those who can, Get this plan, Those who can't. Pay More.

I have a few friends who are not needing the latest hardware, buy a $200 phone, and pay $24/month for this and are quite happy with it.

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All I need is a regular US+Canada 10G offering for less than $95. Then I would've stayed with Freedom instead of going to Telus. The other two are just plain unadulterated evil.