Thread: Conditional Call Forwarding issues when phone is unreachable or if I don't pick up

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Conditional Call Forwarding issues when phone is unreachable or if I don't pick up

Hey Folks. Next issue here. I use Google Voice for voicemail via Conditional Call Forwarding, and this is super nice as my phone is often off or unreachable. In the past when I was on GoPhone, this worked just fine. It also worked great on cricket. I enabled it once by dialing **004*<gv number># and then basically forgot about it. When my phone was off or out of reach, my Google Voice voicemail would pick up.

Anyway, now that I'm back on AT&T Prepaid, I tried enabling it using the **004* MMI code. At first I thought it was working -- if I dial my cell number from a different phone, then decline the call on my cell, Google Voice picks up as expected. However, if I dial my cell number from a different phone and my cell phone is off, or if my cell phone is on and I let the call ring through and don't pick it up, it doesn't forward to GV. Instead I get the AT&T voicemail message ("We're sorry, the customer you're trying to call has a voice mailbox that isn't set up").

I did some research and I see that there are separate MMI codes for handling the situation where the user is unavailable or busy (**61* and **62*). I tried those codes, and they claim to have applied successfully, however I get the same result I described above.

What gives? Any ideas?

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I tried that. It only works if I explicitly decline the call. If my phone is off or if I let the call ring through and do not answer, call forwarding does not work.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge Moto E4/E2/G4-G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Maybe if you set up AT&T voicemail and use the code to extend the ringtime to the max of 30 seconds, the Google Voice will pick up first.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I think I was able to reset all my call forwarding options using an old AT&T Branded Lumia 950. I put my SIM in there, booted it up, went into the settings and enabled/disabled voicemail and call forwarding. Then I took the SIM out and put it back in my Unlocked Galaxy S8 and I could see in the settings menus that the call forwarding options had been reset to forward to AT&T voicemail. For whatever reason, I was now able to change these settings from the phone settings menu rather than using MMI codes, and this seemed to work. Go figure.