Thread: AT&T Autopay Prepaid

Feedback Score

AT&T Autopay Prepaid

Hello,

I just jumped on the $65 Prepaid plan that is $45 after autopay. Can I purchase $45 refill cards off eBay to not pay the taxes at the end of the billing cycle?

Just got service, don't even know if there will be taxes added at the end of the $45 monthly charge.

Thank you,

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar11 View Post
    Hello,

I just jumped on the $65 Prepaid plan that is $45 after autopay. Can I purchase $45 refill cards off eBay to not pay the taxes at the end of the billing cycle?

Just got service, don't even know if there will be taxes added at the end of the $45 monthly charge.

Thank you,

Most ATT store reps do not have the answer. Some claim that if you place funds into your account before the due payment date your autopay method will not be charged so you can buy the tax free ebay cards and use them. Other ATT dealers claim that no additional funds can be added to your account when using autopay

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar11 View Post
    Hello,

Thank you,

That is correct. You avoid taxes/fees (and can get a nice discount) using refill cards, in addition to any autopay discount. just load the card a few days before your payment is due. it will deduct from your balance first before charging your CC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spg1218 View Post
    That is correct. You avoid taxes/fees (and can get a nice discount) using refill cards, in addition to any autopay discount. just load the card a few days before your payment is due. it will deduct from your balance first before charging your CC.
    Has anyone successfully preloaded their ATT accounts with $45 and then have their monthly payments made?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    Has anyone successfully preloaded their ATT accounts with $45 and then have their monthly payments made?

I do it every month on the higher unlimited promo plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post

I've been doing it since last May.

Since you have to have a CC on file and autopay enabled anyway, there is little risk if you are worried. If it didn't work, your service would still continue.

The first time I tried it, I had never bought anything from calling mart, and wasn't sure I had picked the right product.

I took advantage of a recent sale, so I am paid through May on my ATT account.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Yes, load up your account with refill cards, whether they’re from eBay or Callingmart. If you have a credit card set up for autopay, you’ll receive the autopay discount and multi-line discount if applicable. You’ll save on taxes, plus whatever discount you can get on the refill card.

Two years ago, I was a little hesitant myself. Now that I see that it works like a charm, I’m always on the lookout for deals on refill pins. I’ve loaded pins three weeks before renewal, with no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    I was hesitant. But I finally tried calling mart. After a few months, i tried auto pay with them too. Saves me a few bucks and i can set it. and forget it. Going for an extra couple of dollars here or there, is not worth it for me to continually look elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    Ive been using Callingmart for several years and they are very dependable. More recently I've purchased refill cards from Target, WM and BJs. Target has them on sale regularly for BOGO 20 - 25%% off and most recently BOGO 30% off (essentially 15% off each card). Those pins are sent electronically within an hour without any issues.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep, I tried this yesterday for the first time. I'll save at least $3.50 a month by using my Red Card, and another $5.91 on taxes and fees, plus whatever extra the BOGO deals save me. I am very happy with this as I felt the service was just slightly overpriced.
    Durham, NC

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for their input. Really enjoying the service.

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Does Target only sell the BOGO's in store, or online too? Do you have to use them right away, or can you buy them and hold on to them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Boulevard View Post
    Does Target only sell the BOGO's in store, or online too? Do you have to use them right away, or can you buy them and hold on to them?
    You can buy them online. I just did it for the BOGO. I haven’t used mine yet but I will very soon

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    Does CallingMart code as cell phone service on your credit card bill? If not what do they code as?