Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG Phone Suggestion

Feedback Score

LG Phone Suggestion

I currently have the LG Fiesta 2. I am looking into getting an unlocked LG to transfer my service to. I want more storage and be a little faster and probably bigger. I really want to stay with LG cause I'm so used to the double tap wake-up. Does anyone use an unlocked LG?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Do you want to stay with Tracfone service for a long time, or plan to switch to another company? Which carrier (AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon) do you want to use? Knowing those factors makes it easier to suggest phones for you.

I've been using an unlocked LG Q6 since last August. It's a GSM phone and can be used with any carrier that uses that technology.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    I currently have the LG Fiesta 2. I am looking into getting an unlocked LG to transfer my service to. I want more storage and be a little faster and probably bigger. I really want to stay with LG cause I'm so used to the double tap wake-up. Does anyone use an unlocked LG?
    Factory unlocked or carrier unlocked? Anyway , a Motorola with a front fingerprint sensor I've found is much faster than LG's double tap..I also have a Fiesta which I love, almost strictly due to its stellar battery life.. Everything else about it is mediocre though.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Do you want to stay with Tracfone service for a long time, or plan to switch to another company? Which carrier (AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon) do you want to use? Knowing those factors makes it easier to suggest phones for you.

I've been using an unlocked LG Q6 since last August. It's a GSM phone and can be used with any carrier that uses that technology.
    Most every place I go, Verizon is dominant. I'm all set with TF seeing that I have service for another 20 years.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Ok so Verizon and LG. Staying with TF.

So why unlocked?

Budget? New or refurb or just used?

Feedback Score
    check out swappa for a used LG phone. I recently got a LG G5 for a good price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Anyway , a Motorola with a front fingerprint sensor I've found is much faster than LG's double tap.
    Yes, the Moto One Button Nav feature is really great. Does a bunch more than just a screen unlock. Unfortunately, that feature is going away in the Moto models that don't have the front fingerprint sensor. E4, G5, and G6 have it. E5 and G7 don't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Ok so Verizon and LG. Staying with TF.

So why unlocked?

Budget? New or refurb or just used?
    More memory. For me 16 gb doesn't do it and not all apps move to sd card.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    More memory. For me 16 gb doesn't do it and not all apps move to sd card.
    Ok, but that doesn't mean unlocked/unbranded. Many Verizon branded phones with 32GB and 64GB.

Even TF offers higher storage options (not LG though).

You didn't say, new only?
    Budget?

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Red Pocket (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    I have an LG G6 that I bought new on Ebay. I love it! It is my third LG phone and I am also so used to the double tap. Do not buy an LG G4 - they have boot loop issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    I have an LG G6 that I bought new on Ebay. I love it! It is my third LG phone and I am also so used to the double tap. Do not buy an LG G4 - they have boot loop issues.
    Is double tap an LG only feature?!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Ok, but that doesn't mean unlocked/unbranded. Many Verizon branded phones with 32GB and 64GB.

Even TF offers higher storage options (not LG though).

You didn't say, new only?
    Budget?
    If I were to get an LG for Verizon and sim-swap, wouldn't it eventually need to be unlocked? I guess I'm not really up on the unlocking thing cause I always just bought a TF model when I wanted to upgrade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Is double tap an LG only feature?!

I believe it is.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    If I were to get an LG for Verizon and sim-swap, wouldn't it eventually need to be unlocked? I guess I'm not really up on the unlocking thing cause I always just bought a TF model when I wanted to upgrade.
    No. But it has to be a postpaid Vzw device that has a clean ESN. Vzw Prepaid phones won't work until used on Vzw Prepaid for a specified # of months or paid a specified amount of service cost.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    No. But it has to be a postpaid Vzw device that has a clean ESN. Vzw Prepaid phones won't work until used on Vzw Prepaid for a specified # of months or paid a specified amount of service cost.
    My Verizon e4 prepaid worked out of the box on at&t, I ended up giving it to a friend with Verizon prepaid a few months later and he simply put his sim card in it and it worked right away, he's still using it 10 months later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast