Thread: Sprint Credit Check & Credit Lock Question?

Feedback Score

Sprint Credit Check & Credit Lock Question?

So seeing as how Sprint does a credit check? Me and wife each had separate accounts with Sprint way back like 20 year ago when I believe they went by Sprint PCS with the red logo. I remember paying Sprint off for final bill but I think the idiots still reported me to collections saying I didn't pay.

My question is if we had owed them any money, will this come up in a credit check and could deny us? I heard some people use a trick where they lock there credit to get around the credit check? Does that actually help or work? Also our credit is kinda rough right now.

My plan is to get the Sprint one year free deal & then do the Sprint $25 Kickstarter plan to get $100 rebate on pre-owned iPhone 7. Either doing both in my name, wife's name or one of us do free plan & other do Kickstarter plan. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks & have a wonderful day!!

All the best,
    Ron.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    So seeing as how Sprint does a credit check? Me and wife each had separate accounts with Sprint way back like 20 year ago when I believe they went by Sprint PCS with the red logo. I remember paying Sprint off for final bill but I think the idiots still reported me to collections saying I didn't pay.

My question is if we had owed them any money, will this come up in a credit check and could deny us? I heard some people use a trick where they lock there credit to get around the credit check? Does that actually help or work? Also our credit is kinda rough right now.

My plan is to get the Sprint one year free deal & then do the Sprint $25 Kickstarter plan to get $100 rebate on pre-owned iPhone 7. Either doing both in my name, wife's name or one of us do free plan & other do Kickstarter plan. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks & have a wonderful day!!

All the best,
    Ron.

Locking your credit (at least on Verizon) will place your application on hold until it can be approved. So yeah doesn’t seem like that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Locking your credit (at least on Verizon) will place your application on hold until it can be approved. So yeah doesn’t seem like that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    I'll be in the same boat should I ever go back to T Mobile. I owed them $99 which I didn't pay, my fault.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I owed sprint some money from like 15-20 yrs ago but I just opened one of the free year plans with no deposit. They did ask if I had an account years ago and i said yes and that was about it. Approved me for 5 lines.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by astrand1 View Post
    I owed sprint some money from like 15-20 yrs ago but I just opened one of the free year plans with no deposit. They did ask if I had an account years ago and i said yes and that was about it. Approved me for 5 lines.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Ok that sounds promising then. Did you do it over the phone then or online? Also is your credit pretty good? Lastly According to the Slickdeals post that if done online your charger a $30 active fee along with a $2.99 sim card fee plus $10 shipping. Although it's mentioned that they may waive those fees back later?

But if you use www.befrugalm.com you can get $25 cash back plus a $10 bonus which can either make it a wash or even make some money on it if they do infact waive those fees? Some people said they were also forced device protection by Sprint when calling in? TIA Ron.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Many people have been given device protection even when they've explicitly declined it. I think the phone reps get docked pay or brownie points or something if they fail to sell it. One time I even had a rep convince me to agree to take it because she reminded me how easy it is to deactivate it on the website immediately after the call. I figured it would be fine. Never got charged for it, and she avoided a black mark on her stats.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Had an account 13 years ago it shows up that you were in the system but that's it it dosent show if you owe money because of how long. It's been

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    Had an account 13 years ago it shows up that you were in the system but that's it it dosent show if you owe money because of how long. It's been

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Gotcha

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Many people have been given device protection even when they've explicitly declined it. I think the phone reps get docked pay or brownie points or something if they fail to sell it. One time I even had a rep convince me to agree to take it because she reminded me how easy it is to deactivate it on the website immediately after the call. I figured it would be fine. Never got charged for it, and she avoided a black mark on her stats.
    I worked for a Sprint retailer for a couple years. TEP is a big part of how Sprint grades their retailers and decides who makes it to Sprint Elite. Sprint grades their retailers in quintiles on a variety of factors. You want your retailer to be in the top 20% and not the bottom. Also, the TEP attachment credit for the rep doesn't count unless you keep it for at least one billing cycle. The retailer also doesn't get paid commission unless it's kept at least three billing cycles.

To answer the original question, the system will show an approval of zero lines if there's a credit lock. This will require a manual review to the Sprint credit team. If the credit team can't get a hard pull, they won't approve service. Also any balance owed to Sprint will pop up no matter how long the debt was and must be paid before a new account can be created. There were, however, a large number of old, written-off accounts that were expelled from the system when Sprint moved over the billing system from P2K to Ensemble after the Nextel merger. That's why some of you are able to get new accounts even though you owe old balances dating more than 15 years ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    I worked for a Sprint retailer for a couple years. TEP is a big part of how Sprint grades their retailers and decides who makes it to Sprint Elite. Sprint grades their retailers in quintiles on a variety of factors. You want your retailer to be in the top 20% and not the bottom. Also, the TEP attachment credit for the rep doesn't count unless you keep it for at least one billing cycle. The retailer also doesn't get paid commission unless it's kept at least three billing cycles.

To answer the original question, the system will show an approval of zero lines if there's a credit lock. This will require a manual review to the Sprint credit team. If the credit team can't get a hard pull, they won't approve service. Also any balance owed to Sprint will pop up no matter how long the debt was and must be paid before a new account can be created. There were, however, a large number of old, written-off accounts that were expelled from the system when Sprint moved over the billing system from P2K to Ensemble after the Nextel merger. That's why some of you are able to get new accounts even though you owe old balances dating more than 15 years ago.
    Makes sense. I actually believe I paid in full but they still sent me to collections. So I probably told em to pound sand lol

Feedback Score
    I'd think the best thing to do when going someplace with a contract is to get one of those free credit reports from the 3 major agencies and see if you have any outstanding debts for various cell phones. If it's a mistake, file a request for a correction.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleSmile88 View Post
    I'd think the best thing to do when going someplace with a contract is to get one of those free credit reports from the 3 major agencies and see if you have any outstanding debts for various cell phones. If it's a mistake, file a request for a correction.
    Yep

Feedback Score
    Helping my friend Jay Jasun Janulis sign up for the Sprint Free Year plan that is supposed to end today. www.sprint.com/1yearfree get it before it ends people. All you pay is taxes & fees for up to 5 lines. Must port in from a non Sprint,Boost or Virgin Mobile carrier tho like Google Voice, T-mobile, At&t, Verizon, Xfinity Mobile, Mint Sim/Mobile, etc. Need to activate a BYOP device that will work on Sprint network.

It's a great way to save some money!!
    PM or comment if you want any info? TIA Ron

Verse of the Day: And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28 NLT

http://www.klove.com/ministry/encour...rd/?d=4/2/2019