Thread: Does Straight Talk not support WiFi Calling on Verizon phones

Feedback Score

Does Straight Talk not support WiFi Calling on Verizon phones

I have terrible service at home, so I wanted to try using WiFi Calling. I have a Galaxy Note 4 Verizon running 5.0.1 (Lollipop). I assume this is why I can't find the option to enable it on my phone. I'm not certain but I believe you must have 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) to enable it on the phone. My phone is rooted and I have TWRP installed so I'm confident I can install a ROM that supports WiFi Calling, but I also found out your phone carrier must also support it, and thus, provide you with a WiFi calling compatible SIM card.

Well, I just called Straight Talk, and they told me they do not support WiFi calling on Verizon phones. Is this true, is there a work around, I really need WiFi calling? I may be transferring to SafeLink Wireless shortly, would they likely have the same limitation?

Mike

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The SIM needs to be provisioned for WiFi Calling. As far as I know, Verizon will not let any of the Tracfone brandings to get WiFi Calling. You might need to get a different MVNO that supports Verizon WiFi calling if you want that. I heard there might be one or two MVNO that does support WiFi Calling, but I don't remember what ones tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Modify_inc View Post
    I have terrible service at home, so I wanted to try using WiFi Calling. I have a Galaxy Note 4 Verizon running 5.0.1 (Lollipop). I assume this is why I can't find the option to enable it on my phone. I'm not certain but I believe you must have 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) to enable it on the phone. My phone is rooted and I have TWRP installed so I'm confident I can install a ROM that supports WiFi Calling, but I also found out your phone carrier must also support it, and thus, provide you with a WiFi calling compatible SIM card. Well, I just called Straight Talk, and they told me they do not support WiFi calling on Verizon phones. Is this true, is there a work around, I really need WiFi calling? I may be transferring to SafeLink Wireless shortly, would they likely have the same limitation? Mike
    Verizon prepaid has WiFi calling - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-calling-faqs/ you might try this - https://e911-reg.tracfone.com/wps/po...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/ and see if you can get wifi calling to work on straight talk.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    The SIM needs to be provisioned for WiFi Calling. As far as I know, Verizon will not let any of the Tracfone brandings to get WiFi Calling. You might need to get a different MVNO that supports Verizon WiFi calling if you want that. I heard there might be one or two MVNO that does support WiFi Calling, but I don't remember what ones tho.
    Not the only MVNO that doesn't support Wi-Fi calling. Total Wireless may. At least when I checked their FAQ, there were references on how to turn it on for several phones.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.