Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    About time. Verizon allows even their MVNO to have VoLTE now, because their shutdown of CDMA (2G and 3G).
    BTW, I got my S10 too, took advantage of the offer that gave me $550 credit for my S9.
    Yea take advantage if there is good deal i traded in my S9+ for $600 last year for note 9.. but i got the S10+ for free and i might trade in again for Note 10 lol..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    guys I have new info about AT&T 3G shutdown and VoLTE I was able to chat with cricket wireless support and this is what they told me. Yes, they will be shutting down 3G as well on early 2022. and told me they will stop activating phones that doesn't support VoLTE on their network before 2022. They didn't mention anything about how they will implement VoLTE on BYOD devices but they said that they are currently working to add more devices to get VoLTEon their network. here are some of the screenshots i took of our conversation.
    Name:  Screenshot (63).png
Views: 162
Size:  43.6 KBName:  Screenshot (64).png
Views: 161
Size:  31.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot (66).png
Views: 162
Size:  38.8 KBName:  Screenshot (68).png
Views: 159
Size:  46.9 KB

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They can do it tomorrow if they want to, but they have those corporate ding-dongs that think that VoLTE is somehow a special prestige service, that they can use as a differentiation to push people to more expensive plans as opposed to MVNO's.
    Truthfully if they want the extra bands, and they want also to keep the MVNO income, they have to turn on that faucet.

Verizon did it kind of quietly. I am now on one of their MVNO's, they don't advertise that they have VoLTE but... they do. They don't activate either devices without VoLTE anymore.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Everyone LTE Band 48 is now active on The S10+ on tmobile sim using unlocked s10+. No Band 48 on AT&T sim on unlocked.

Name:  Resized_Screenshot_20190412-190732_Service_mode_RIL.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  42.0 KB
    Last edited by skyethur; 04-13-2019 at 02:10 AM.
    Galaxy Care Ambassador

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Correct. You don't have to completely remove the SIM however, just pop it loose with the SIM key. I've done this so many times over the years with different devices, I keep a SIM key on my regular key ring.

Sky, if you want to enable all bands on that Note 9 PM me and I will walk you through it. Along with those VZ bands, it will enable and display bands 29,30, and 71 with those others. You could then lock onto 71 and look for it, although you won't be able to connect but your device will detect it if present.
    LTE Band 48 is now active on T-Mobile using unlocked S10+

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't know why Samsung does this radio re-flashing based on the SIM that is used, it is ridiculous and no other Android phone does it.
    By doing that, they cancel the bands not used by that specific carrier, apply what they think is the appropriate APN (and only that one, even if might be wrong), and apply various blocks to the service menu. Those are stored in CSC partition.
    Very much like Apple does... only that they "push" those files online.

Every time I install my TotalWireless card, I get the Tracfone APN and no data. Have to manually add the TW APM.
    Also, If I put in the FreedomPop SIM in my S7 Edge, I get AT&T APN, and of course that's not working, had to add manually the correct APN.

Name:  Screenshot_20190413-204627.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  37.1 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't know why Samsung does this radio re-flashing based on the SIM that is used, it is ridiculous and no other Android phone does it.
    By doing that, they cancel the bands not used by that specific carrier, apply what they think is the appropriate APN (and only that one, even if might be wrong), and apply various blocks to the service menu. Those are stored in CSC partition.
    Very much like Apple does... only that they "push" those files online.

Every time I install my TotalWireless card, I get the Tracfone APN and no data. Have to manually add the TW APM.
    Also, If I put in the FreedomPop SIM in my S7 Edge, I get AT&T APN, and of course that's not working, had to add manually the correct APN.

Name:  Screenshot_20190413-204627.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  37.1 KB
    Yes i think depends on supported carrier the APN automatically set but if the carrier doesnt support it will set to the closest supported network.. how did you get those information? I thimk verizon and tmobile has B48 enabled my at&t doesnt have B48..

I still cant wait for at&t VoLTE to work on unlocked devices =/...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have used this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...einfo&hl=en_US
    And this is a list of CSC codes (don't know if is complete):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2050731693

This is madness IMO. Motorola doesn't do that.

When I install an EU country SIM in my phone, it installs the XAA CSC code (unlocked). After that, on most providers, once I get 2G connection, I will get a SMS with the APN settings from the provider, and usually it will install automatically those APN settings. This functionality (on XAA) is close to what a generic Android phone would do.

Also the VoLTE, Video Calling and WiFi calling features, even if present in the phone, are enabled/disabled per network SIM provisioning. The disabled features have their switches grayed out.

Name:  Screenshot_20190414-090101_Settings.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  47.1 KB
    Last edited by SoNic67; 04-14-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have used this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...einfo&hl=en_US
    And this is a list of CSC codes (don't know if is complete):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2050731693

This is madness IMO. Motorola doesn't do that.

When I install an EU country SIM in my phone, it installs the XAA CSC code (unlocked). After that, on most providers, once I get 2G connection, I will get a SMS with the APN settings from the provider, and usually it will install automatically those APN settings. This functionality (on XAA) is close to what a generic Android phone would do.

Also the VoLTE, Video Calling and WiFi calling features, even if present in the phone, are enabled/disabled per network SIM provisioning. The disabled features have their switches grayed out.

Name:  Screenshot_20190414-090101_Settings.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  47.1 KB
    So you mean your U1 version using EU sim gets VoLTE?? I didnt know U1 gets VoLTE on other countries. Only wifi calling didnt work? So this mean to say VoLTE does depends on the network not base on certified phone??

Yea when i inserted Asian sim card the service provider or CSC is XAA/XAA/XAA and all network feature turn on like volte but i inserted a non-active sim card i just want to see what it looks like.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I didn't travel yet with the S10 😉
    Only with S7 and S9, and those get VoLTE if the carrier has it active.
    I don't know of WiFi calling in EU, I am not interested, using Google Voice and WhatsApp. In EU it seems that everyone uses WhatsApp because the costs of calling or texting between two numbers on different carriers are high (for the caller) but data is cheap.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I didn't travel yet with the S10
    Only with S7 and S9, and those get VoLTE if the carrier has it active.
    I don't know of WiFi calling in EU, I am not interested, using Google Voice and WhatsApp. In EU it seems that everyone uses WhatsApp because the costs of calling or texting between two numbers on different carriers are high (for the caller) but data is cheap.
    Are you saying text messages have charges when you text to different carriers?.. and were your s7 and s9 U1 version? And were all carriers in EU got VoLTE on U1?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, in EU the initator of the call or SMS pays. The respondent doesn't pay (or use minutes from it's plan).
    Hence instead of the cost be shared like in US, there the cost varies if you call a number in your own network, call a landline, call a cellphone line or God forbid call a VoIP line.
    Even the international calls from US to EU show that price difference.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, in EU the initator of the call or SMS pays. The respondent doesn't pay (or use minutes from it's plan).
    Hence instead of the cost be shared like in US, there the cost varies if you call a number in your own network, call a landline, call a cellphone line or God forbid call a VoIP line.
    Even the international calls from US to EU show that price difference.
    Yea same thing in asia the person who start the call pays the minute. In the US both ways pays but now no more pay per minute i think because USA owns a lot of satellite thats why they dont need to pay or rent satellite use thats what i think..

Is it all VoLTE works on all network in EU on U1 phone? I thought the U1 only gets VoLTE in the USA only.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    LTE Band 48 is now active on T-Mobile using unlocked S10+
    Very cool. Should be soon on the other carriers as well. Hopefully

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Is it all VoLTE works on all network in EU on U1 phone? I thought the U1 only gets VoLTE in the USA only.
    If you have a local SIM and the network has VoLTE (not every carrier has it activated). See below, I usually use Vodafone SIM's (Italy, Spain, UK):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orks_in_Europe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast