Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: what will happend if i stop paying bill (+device payments)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    what will happend if i stop paying bill (+device payments)

    anyone know what will happens if i stop paying vz phone bill (including the device payments)
    will my phone be blocked and can't use with another carriers ?
    and the debts will go to the collection agency ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What would happen if you don't pay your light bill? I mean seriously ... I would probably assume they would disconnect your service. The phone could be prevented from going to another carrier if it is not unlocked too. Try it and report your findings on this post. We'll wait patiently!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,002
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by andyletx69 View Post
    anyone know what will happens if i stop paying vz phone bill (including the device payments)
    will my phone be blocked and can't use with another carriers ?
    and the debts will go to the collection agency ?
    If you stop paying eventually your service will get shut off and you will be billed for the entire amount including the remaining device payments, and if you we're getting bill credits you won't get those. You for sure will have your phone blocked from Verizon and probably any MVNO that uses Verizon's network. Whether or not it will work on another carrier who knows.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    215
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you stop paying eventually your service will get shut off and you will be billed for the entire amount including the remaining device payments, and if you we're getting bill credits you won't get those. You for sure will have your phone blocked from Verizon and probably any MVNO that uses Verizon's network. Whether or not it will work on another carrier who knows.
    And let’s not forget collections and a credit score hit

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,054
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you stop paying eventually your service will get shut off and you will be billed for the entire amount including the remaining device payments, and if you we're getting bill credits you won't get those. You for sure will have your phone blocked from Verizon and probably any MVNO that uses Verizon's network. Whether or not it will work on another carrier who knows.
    To be precise, the phone will be blacklisted on all US cellular carriers and will not be able to be activated. It wouldn't work even if unlocked on any other carrier.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,858
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Next, "What happens if I drive my car off the side of a bridge?"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Posts
    721
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The sky will fall.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    344
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by andyletx69 View Post
    anyone know what will happens if i stop paying vz phone bill (including the device payments)
    will my phone be blocked and can't use with another carriers ?
    and the debts will go to the collection agency ?
    I'm on a prepaid MVNO so don't know all about these deals. But don't you need to give a CC or Bank # or something to get the deal. After all they all have Ts&Cs that spell out your obligation if you don't pay. Watch for a charge on your CC or bank account, even a collection agency. Why did you sign a contract you couldn't keep? I can't believe you're asking this. Come on.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    933
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by andyletx69 View Post
    anyone know what will happens if i stop paying vz phone bill (including the device payments)
    will my phone be blocked and can't use with another carriers ?
    and the debts will go to the collection agency ?
    If you stop paying your Verizon Wireless bill your service will be disconnected and you will be sent to a collections agency. The Verizon Wireless phone will be blacklisted on the Verizon Wireless Network and their MVNO's. If your Verizon Wireless phone is not sim locked it should work on other wireless carriers that do not use the Verizon Wireless network.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    933
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    To be precise, the phone will be blacklisted on all US cellular carriers and will not be able to be activated. It wouldn't work even if unlocked on any other carrier.
    I do not believe they blacklist unpaid devices on all wireless carriers but they do on phones that are reported lost or stolen.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,054
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    I do not believe they blacklist unpaid devices on all wireless carriers but they do on phones that are reported lost or stolen.
    Yes, I believe that is the case. There have been folks posting stories of buying a used phone that is not blocked and later having the device shut down due to an unpaid balance from the original seller.

    If anyone can verify differently, please confirm.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    933
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Yes, I believe that is the case. There have been folks posting stories of buying a used phone that is not blocked and later having the device shut down due to an unpaid balance from the original seller.

    If anyone can verify differently, please confirm.
    Those people bought used phones, used them on the same wireless carrier that the seller stiffed, and the person who bought the phone has a phone that no longer works on that particular wireless carrier but could be used on another carrier if the phone is not sim locked.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,060
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    To be precise, the phone will be blacklisted on all US cellular carriers and will not be able to be activated. It wouldn't work even if unlocked on any other carrier.
    It may be usable overseas.

    Likely the OP is in some financial difficulties, possibly sudden, and is looking for a way to cut back. And if you aren't careful, a phone and plan can be one of the bigger expenses. And if you want a higher end new phone, post paid plans can be deceptive, since you don't pay necessarily have to pay the phone off at once, but spread the payments out over 24-30 months.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    To be precise, the phone will be blacklisted on all US cellular carriers and will not be able to be activated. It wouldn't work even if unlocked on any other carrier.
    I have to disagree. I’ve been supporting 500+ cells for years and have called both major carriers and specifically asked a phone to be blacklisted only to later find the lost device and it worked perfectly. This has happened more than once.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,060
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho_2000 View Post
    I have to disagree. I’ve been supporting 500+ cells for years and have called both major carriers and specifically asked a phone to be blacklisted only to later find the lost device and it worked perfectly. This has happened more than once.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though it wouldn't surprise me if carriers treated a phone not paid for completely different than someone calling in about a phone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What will happen if i pay my bill 2 weeks late???
    By Trez Cat in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 04:01 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 09:44 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 09:22 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 01:55 PM
  5. What will happen if Iraq wins...
    By Frosty Vibe in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 11:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks