Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what will happend if i stop paying bill (+device payments)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

what will happend if i stop paying bill (+device payments)

anyone know what will happens if i stop paying vz phone bill (including the device payments)
    will my phone be blocked and can't use with another carriers ?
    and the debts will go to the collection agency ?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What would happen if you don't pay your light bill? I mean seriously ... I would probably assume they would disconnect your service. The phone could be prevented from going to another carrier if it is not unlocked too. Try it and report your findings on this post. We'll wait patiently!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by andyletx69 View Post
    anyone know what will happens if i stop paying vz phone bill (including the device payments)
    If you stop paying eventually your service will get shut off and you will be billed for the entire amount including the remaining device payments, and if you we're getting bill credits you won't get those. You for sure will have your phone blocked from Verizon and probably any MVNO that uses Verizon's network. Whether or not it will work on another carrier who knows.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you stop paying eventually your service will get shut off and you will be billed for the entire amount including the remaining device payments, and if you we're getting bill credits you won't get those. You for sure will have your phone blocked from Verizon and probably any MVNO that uses Verizon's network. Whether or not it will work on another carrier who knows.
    And let’s not forget collections and a credit score hit

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    To be precise, the phone will be blacklisted on all US cellular carriers and will not be able to be activated. It wouldn't work even if unlocked on any other carrier.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Next, "What happens if I drive my car off the side of a bridge?"

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The sky will fall.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm on a prepaid MVNO so don't know all about these deals. But don't you need to give a CC or Bank # or something to get the deal. After all they all have Ts&Cs that spell out your obligation if you don't pay. Watch for a charge on your CC or bank account, even a collection agency. Why did you sign a contract you couldn't keep? I can't believe you're asking this. Come on.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you stop paying your Verizon Wireless bill your service will be disconnected and you will be sent to a collections agency. The Verizon Wireless phone will be blacklisted on the Verizon Wireless Network and their MVNO's. If your Verizon Wireless phone is not sim locked it should work on other wireless carriers that do not use the Verizon Wireless network.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    To be precise, the phone will be blacklisted on all US cellular carriers and will not be able to be activated. It wouldn't work even if unlocked on any other carrier.
    I do not believe they blacklist unpaid devices on all wireless carriers but they do on phones that are reported lost or stolen.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    I do not believe they blacklist unpaid devices on all wireless carriers but they do on phones that are reported lost or stolen.
    Yes, I believe that is the case. There have been folks posting stories of buying a used phone that is not blocked and later having the device shut down due to an unpaid balance from the original seller.

If anyone can verify differently, please confirm.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, I believe that is the case. There have been folks posting stories of buying a used phone that is not blocked and later having the device shut down due to an unpaid balance from the original seller.

If anyone can verify differently, please confirm.
    Those people bought used phones, used them on the same wireless carrier that the seller stiffed, and the person who bought the phone has a phone that no longer works on that particular wireless carrier but could be used on another carrier if the phone is not sim locked.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It may be usable overseas.

Likely the OP is in some financial difficulties, possibly sudden, and is looking for a way to cut back. And if you aren't careful, a phone and plan can be one of the bigger expenses. And if you want a higher end new phone, post paid plans can be deceptive, since you don't pay necessarily have to pay the phone off at once, but spread the payments out over 24-30 months.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have to disagree. I’ve been supporting 500+ cells for years and have called both major carriers and specifically asked a phone to be blacklisted only to later find the lost device and it worked perfectly. This has happened more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho_2000 View Post
    I have to disagree. I’ve been supporting 500+ cells for years and have called both major carriers and specifically asked a phone to be blacklisted only to later find the lost device and it worked perfectly. This has happened more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Though it wouldn't surprise me if carriers treated a phone not paid for completely different than someone calling in about a phone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast