Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what will happend if i stop paying bill (+device payments)

Device(s)
    Huawei P20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I think that your bill will go directly to collectors. AT&T sends debts at once. I forgot to pay and collectors called me for $50.
    Best and worst brands, reviews from real customers - https://www.pissedconsumer.com/

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyletx69 View Post
    1. I don't need you dump lecture
    2. VZ only lock phone for 24h
    And there appears to be an attempt by Verizon to change it to 60 days.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was in the hospital due kidney issues and was in no way had the ability to pick up the phone or use the internet plus I was pretty bad after about 5 weeks in the hostipl I tried to make an phone and the phone was off had my girl bring me my mail saw anetter from att they sent me to collections after week 2 of nonpayment they don't play good thing after calling them and giving them proof that I didn't have the ability even move they fixed it and removed any charges, when it comes to att they don't wait

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10+ using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    And there appears to be an attempt by Verizon to change it to 60 days.
    That's not so much because of people who simply stop paying their bills as it is to do with people stealing identities and signing up accounts and getting phones and then never paying for them. I believe Verizon says they lose something like seven million annually because of this.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    That's not so much because of people who simply stop paying their bills as it is to do with people stealing identities and signing up accounts and getting phones and then never paying for them. I believe Verizon says they lose something like seven million annually because of this.
    If you follow this, it is hard to tell the full reason, but this is probably the best reason they have given for the proposed change.

However, I was elaborating on the report that the unlocking is done after 24 hours. It is now, but may change in the future. Even if unlocked after 60 days, that doesn't deter people who stop paying after 3 months or 18 months. That results in issues like collections.

Feedback Score
    If you follow this, it is hard to tell the full reason, but this is probably the best reason they have given for the proposed change.

However, I was elaborating on the report that the unlocking is done after 24 hours. It is now, but may change in the future. Even if unlocked after 60 days, that doesn't deter people who stop paying after 3 months or 18 months. That results in issues like collections.
    Correct but it will stop people from stealing other people's identities to sign up for accounts just to get iPhones which will never be used on Verizon other then the current 24hrs just to unlock the phone and then use on another carrier or sold overseas. This is the biggest reason Verizon is doing this. There will always be people who abandon their payment plan and that will always be a big problem for any carrier and there's nothing they can do to ever stop that.

People just choose Verizon to scam with new phones because they were either immediately unlocked or within 24hrs and the 60 day lock will make that harder to do. Someone who wants to sell the phone overseas isn't going to make payments on the account for 60 days, they want the phone for free as they were able to do currently. It will never stop people from simply abandoning their payments.

Also there is a law in effect that after so many years, carriers must forgive that debt and erase it from their records. Can't remember how many years it is, something like 5-6 so that the person who stopped paying on a line can eventually come back.

Back around 2011 or so, I bought a new iPhone 4S on AT&T and never made a payment on the phone and quit paying on the line I had since 2007 because I was tired of not being able to get service at my house. I was able to get a new line on AT&T again last year and there was never any mention of the money I owed them from 2011 and I've had that line for over a year now. I still don't get service at my house but now that there is WiFi calling, that's not such an issue as it was in 2011 when WiFi calling didn't exist.

I would never do such a thing now because good credit is worth so much more now then it was in 2011 as it impacts everything you do including being able to get low car insurance rates since that is based on your credit score.

Feedback Score
    Is this a rhetorical question? LOL. 1. Your phone service stops. 2. You get hit with late fees. 3. Eventually, it goes to collection and you get added collection fees. 4. Your credit rating takes a hit. Not fun.

Feedback Score
    Call your local TV news and tell them of your plight. That should help fix things given the circumstances.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleSmile88 View Post
    Call your local TV news and tell them of your plight. That should help fix things given the circumstances.
    I don't think that will work in this case. It would be no different if this was an issue with a credit card bill that was not paid Sad to hear for the member involved.
    Last edited by veriztd; 03-28-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone X (Verizon), Pixel 2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t - (2000-2018) T-Mobile (2018-present, VZW (2011-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyletx69 View Post
    1. I don't need you dump lecture
    2. VZ only lock phone for 24h
    Looks like you need a spelling and grammar lecture too. Its people like you that cause us to pay higher prices on everything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by technoevil View Post
    Looks like you need a spelling and grammar lecture too. Its people like you that cause us to pay higher prices on everything.

Tarzan need phone too

Feedback Score

Someone who steals someone else's identity to buy a phone isn't going to make ANY payments. They also aren't going to want to sit on a phone for 60 days to wait and see if it's reported as fraud( as it most likely will be by then )

Feedback Score
    The device will not be blacklisted by Verizon. Only lost or stolen ones would be. Verizon will seek payment through collection services and report your delinquency on your credit reports. Good luck signing up with any other service afterwards.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees65 View Post
    The device will not be blacklisted by Verizon. Only lost or stolen ones would be. Verizon will seek payment through collection services and report your delinquency on your credit reports. Good luck signing up with any other service afterwards.
    IMHO: Dealing with a collection agency is far worse than having a phone blacklisted. I will agree with your comment and retract my prior one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    What would happen if you don't pay your light bill? I mean seriously ... I would probably assume they would disconnect your service. The phone could be prevented from going to another carrier if it is not unlocked too. Try it and report your findings on this post. We'll wait patiently!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast