Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Should I give up gudp for prepaid?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    31
    Device(s)
    Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    VZW original member
    Feedback Score
    0

    Should I give up gudp for prepaid?

    I pay $125 a month for single line with gudp. Someone talk me off the fence on whether I should go prepaid.
    Make a bet every day, because you might walk around lucky and not know it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by singerguy View Post
    I pay $125 a month for single line with gudp. Someone talk me off the fence on whether I should go prepaid.
    No. I have both.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    478
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    No. I would see if they offer fUDP instead.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    876
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you're using it in a phone you're probably fine with any of the newer UDP plans.
    If you're using it in a hotspot it's pretty much the same as the prepaid unlimited hotspot except the gUDP is not subject to deprioritization while the prepaid hotspot is always subject to deprioritization.

    Also note that it is likely still possible but difficult to get switched to the $15/30minute loyalty plan if you are using it in a hotspot.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    621
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    If you're using it in a phone you're probably fine with any of the newer UDP plans.
    If you're using it in a hotspot it's pretty much the same as the prepaid unlimited hotspot except the gUDP is not subject to deprioritization while the prepaid hotspot is always subject to deprioritization.

    Also note that it is likely still possible but difficult to get switched to the $15/30minute loyalty plan if you are using it in a hotspot.
    I have that loyalty plan. $21 after taxes for unlimited hotspot. Pry that out of my cold dead hands. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    401
    Feedback Score
    0
    How much data do you use?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    31
    Device(s)
    Galaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    VZW original member
    Feedback Score
    0
    Usually around 20GB but more in football season as I watch the NFL app on my phone and lots of games, I travel alot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    401
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by singerguy View Post
    Usually around 20GB but more in football season as I watch the NFL app on my phone and lots of games, I travel alot.
    Keep your unlimited.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,854
    Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you are using 20GB and more for football it's most likely worth it to keep. NFL access is nice.

    I just gave up my 5 line gudp plan a few months ago because we really weren't making much use of it. Was becoming harder to justify the cost which was more than a car payment after the increases. Only 2 of the 5 lines used more than 5gb lately.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

    School, $5,000/semester | Work

Similar Threads

  1. Bell Should I Give up UNPDA for 6GB Plan?
    By Doju in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
  2. giving up landline for prepaid mobile
    By sblive in forum T-Mobile prepaid
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 06:54 PM
  3. Should I give up on ATTWS? For whom?
    By gcomstock in forum Provider Rants, Kudos and Recommendations
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 03:50 AM
  4. Should I give up my N-Gage QD for a 3620?
    By microchip13 in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 10:11 PM
  5. Should I give up my SE T610 for Moto V600 ??
    By rango6 in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 06:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks