Thread: Verizon prepaid with iPhone esim

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Verizon prepaid with iPhone esim

I doubt there are many here interested in this one. I have an iPhone XS Max which supports esim. I have that 15gb plan for $45.

Prepaid does not yet support moving your standard sim card to an esim. Postpaid got this option back in December.

I chatted with prepaid customer service today and asked about moving my service to the esim. The rep said something about an iOS update coming soon that will enable transferring your service to the esim. I'm thinking maybe the chat agent means iOS 12.2 which could be out sometime this month.

The reason I want my Verizon prepaid on the esim is so I can use a physical sim slot for a tracfone prepaid sim I keep as a backup that uses AT&T.

Right now I use an older iPhone 7 with that Tracfone AT&T sim card. I just want to use one iPhone only and getting my primary phone and data Verizon prepaid on esim and using that Tracfone sim card in the same phone would be like a dream come true for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post
    I doubt there are many here interested in this one. I have an iPhone XS Max which supports esim. I have that 15gb plan for $45.

Prepaid does not yet support moving your standard sim card to an esim. Postpaid got this option back in December.

I chatted with prepaid customer service today and asked about moving my service to the esim. The rep said something about an iOS update coming soon that will enable transferring your service to the esim. I'm thinking maybe the chat agent means iOS 12.2 which could be out sometime this month.

The reason I want my Verizon prepaid on the esim is so I can use a physical sim slot for a tracfone prepaid sim I keep as a backup that uses AT&T.

Right now I use an older iPhone 7 with that Tracfone AT&T sim card. I just want to use one iPhone only and getting my primary phone and data Verizon prepaid on esim and using that Tracfone sim card in the same phone would be like a dream come true for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think since esim is still first gen to the iPhones hopefully when the next iPhone get released the kinks will be ironed out

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Verizon prepaid with iPhone esim

I’ve been anxiously waiting for Verizon Prepaid to support eSIM too, because I will be traveling this summer to other countries where I’ll want to be able to insert a foreign SIM without having to remove my Verizon SIM. As much as I want that chat agent to be correct, I doubt a chat agent would know what’s coming in future iOS updates.

Considering I still can’t get the My Verizon app to work on my iPhone XS Max, I’m not going to hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Right I know a chat agent might not have good info. I was logged into my account on the computer since as noted above the My Verizon app does not work. I clicked "Add a line" then "Activate a device", then I have Verizon. I get a prompt for the IMEI and put in the digital sim IMEI. I get the message below.

"Awesome, your Apple iPhone XS Max eSIM is a perfect match for our network.
    Based on the device you have, you have 2 IMEI numbers. Don’t worry though, we’re here to help.
    We can activate your device now using your IMEI 1. Or if you’d like to activate your device using IMEI 2 with eSIM, give us a call at 800-555-5555."

The webpage address is https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/p.../dualSimDevice so something on the Verizon side looks to be a work in progress. The link has prepaid in it and mentions dual sim. The phone number listed is not valid though.

So maybe there is hope coming soon for VZW Prepaid with Apple eSIM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Right I know a chat agent might not have good info. I was logged into my account on the computer since as noted above the My Verizon app does not work. I clicked "Add a line" then "Activate a device", then I have Verizon. I get a prompt for the IMEI and put in the digital sim IMEI. I get the message below.

Based on the device you have, you have 2 IMEI numbers. Don’t worry though, we’re here to help.
    We can activate your device now using your IMEI 1. Or if you’d like to activate your device using IMEI 2 with eSIM, give us a call at 800-555-5555."

The webpage address is https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/p.../dualSimDevice so something on the Verizon side looks to be a work in progress. The link has prepaid in it and mentions dual sim. The phone number listed is not valid though.

Thanks for your info. I’ve been waiting since the launch of this phone for this.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Is it still unavailable for prepaid?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1329 View Post
    Is it still unavailable for prepaid?
    still unavailable - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...ith-esim-faqs/

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So annoyed that eSIM is still not supported. I’ve been out of the country for the past month, and I’ve had to carry an extra iPhone SE to use my Verizon Prepaid SIM, so I can use my foreign SIM in my iPhone XS Max.

I wish Apple gave us the option of purchasing the dual physical SIM iPhones that they sell in China and Hong Kong. There are actually shops in Asia that can swap out the eSIM functionality on the iPhone logic board and add support for a second physical SIM, but I’m not willing to void my warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk