Thread: New Samsung Galaxy S10 vs new Moto G7

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a and Moto G7 (active) Samsung Galaxy S6 (inactive)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

New Samsung Galaxy S10 vs new Moto G7

I'm going to be shopping for a new phone from these two excellent choices. The G7 looks good enough for me, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks the S10 is worth the price difference. I use my phone mostly for email and apps. Not a lot of photos. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitzer18 View Post
    I'm going to be shopping for a new phone from these two excellent choices. The G7 looks good enough for me, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks the S10 is worth the price difference. I use my phone mostly for email and apps. Not a lot of photos. Thanks!
    A lot of reviewers like the S10e over the S10.

Supposedly, the S10 is worth getting this time if you can afford it. Also, you might be able to save some $$$ if you don't try to get these phones during the initial launch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitzer18 View Post
    There is a big difference in price. $1,000 for a S10, $300 for a G7. The $700 difference is way too much for me for something that only lasts a few years to be jammed in my pocket with coins and keys.

They are both heavy, about 6 oz. I have a G6. It weighs almost 10 oz. with the case. The G6 is very slippery with the glass-back case. I believe the G7 is the same, so no external case was not an option for me.

The G6 has solid adequate performance. I assume the G7 will be similar. It doesn't take much performance for email. My $30 GoPhones do fine for that.

The G7 does not have NFC or MHL if those are import to you. The S10 has all the bells and whistles.