Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile + Sprint will cover 96% of Rural America

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...-rural-america

This should be welcome news for the habitual coverage complainers.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Not "Rural America", rather "Rural Americans". "......will reach 96% of rural American residents by 2024." This is another weasel wording, since most rural Americans actually live in small towns. Covering "rural America" would require that only 4% of the geography be unserved.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

In before the usual passive aggressive wannabe sages chime in...

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a & 4xl; Moto X4 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Not "Rural America", rather "Rural Americans". "......will reach 96% of rural American residents by 2024." This is another weasel wording, since most rural Americans actually live in small towns. Covering "rural America" would require that only 4% of the geography be unserved.
    Yeah, but what about rural foreign nationals?
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Yeah, but what about rural foreign nationals?
    In the last census there was no citizenship question.

Feedback Score

Quite the contrary. However it will be good for about 3 pages from the usual suspects.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    "The usual suspects" meaning anyone who doesn't incessantly praise a cell phone company.

But on that note, as long as one carrier covers more areas than another, people will be getting in pissing contests about it.

Use what works for you is my motto. But if someone asks me if I can recommend a carrier to them and that carrier doesn't serve their area, I'm not going to lie to them.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    More marketing fluff to get the merger approved.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    More marketing fluff to get the merger approved.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Everything I've read makes it sound like the deal looked like it wouldn't be the easy win they expected. TMobile is def pushing hard to sway it towards a pass.

I was surprised during the hearing with the opposition, bringing up the bogus maps, and talking about the rural coverage

TMobile is definitely coming out with what the regulators want to hear so who knows how truthful it will turn out to be

It still could pass but as more time passes I'm a lillte less confident of it passing. Still can pass though.

On the opposite end of thinking I do feel TMobile intends to build their network to match Verizon's coverage. TMobile coverage has improved leaps and bounds so I think they will make it in due time
    Last edited by themanhimself; 03-01-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Quite the contrary. However it will be good for about 3 pages from the usual suspects.
    Yeah I figured as much. I wish we had more "real customer," input instead of the same, tired regurgitated ones posted on every thread by those who don't even use the service.

As a regular poster/contributor it does get frustrating having to weed through all the troll posts I'll admit.

But this is a public forum so I digress...…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    "The usual suspects" meaning anyone who doesn't incessantly praise a cell phone company.

But on that note, as long as one carrier covers more areas than another, people will be getting in pissing contests about it.

Use what works for you is my motto. But if someone asks me if I can recommend a carrier to them and that carrier doesn't serve their area, I'm not going to lie to them.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Just the opposite. The Usual Suspects are those who constantly look for positive comments about carriers to disparage.

I don't praise T-Mobile, but I am glad to have them as my carrier for the service, price & benefits I receive. The difference is, I don't go to Verizon or AT&T forums looking to pick a fight whenever someone compliments a feature they appreciate about their carrier. I'm about to leave HoFo completely because of all the petty complaints about TM from outsiders. There is little upside to mentioning something positive about TM when that will surely be attacked. Reddit doesn't seem to have this level of bashing that is tolerated by the mods.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Just the opposite. The Usual Suspects are those who constantly look for positive comments about carriers to disparage.

I don't praise T-Mobile, but I am glad to have them as my carrier for the service, price & benefits I receive. The difference is, I don't go to Verizon or AT&T forums looking to pick a fight whenever someone compliments a feature they appreciate about their carrier. I'm about to leave HoFo completely because of all the petty complaints about TM from outsiders. There is little upside to mentioning something positive about TM when that will surely be attacked. Reddit doesn't seem to have this level of bashing that is tolerated by the mods.
    The key is ignore the ones that truly attack TMobile non stop. Criticism is one thing from an experience but attacking repeatedly is another.

I can't find much fault in tmobiles network. It keeps progressing and they seemed to really address capacity issues lately.

If I could fault tmobile it would be hotspot and some of their Twitter stuff is out there but they are trying to get a deal done so I understand it from that point

Overall it doesn't matter what everyone uses, I care about what I use and what works for me. No reason to try and convince others to switch unless it's def the best choice for their situation

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I figured as much. I wish we had more "real customer," input instead of the same, tired regurgitated ones posted on every thread by those who don't even use the service.

As a regular poster/contributor it does get frustrating having to weed through all the troll posts I'll admit.

But this is a public forum so I digress...…

True Words. Really these T-Mobile haters are just destroying any conversation as they threadjack every conversation into coverage in remote rural areas. Then you find out they are using obsolete dumb flip phones with no VoLTE that are missing half of T-Mobile’s Spectrum Bands.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 03-02-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Feedback Score

T-Mobile + Sprint will cover 96% of Rural America

Yeah it’s just a few members that add nothing but hate and insults to the forums. And if you call them out on it, YOU’RE suddenly the bad guy.

I think the reason this sort of thing isn’t seen in the Verizon and ATT forums is because we aren’t going over there starting stuff because T-Mobile customers are actually HAPPY with our carrier. Most of the people that cause trouble here must be Verizon shills or something. Either that or they’re really upset about being locked into a terrible rate plan with dumb or dumber and jealous of our grandfathered plans and solid service.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Yeah it’s just a few members that add nothing but hate and insults to the forums. And if you call them out on it, YOU’RE suddenly the bad guy.*

I think the reason this sort of thing isn’t seen in the Verizon and ATT forums is because we aren’t going over there starting stuff** because T-Mobile customers are actually HAPPY with our carrier. Most of the people that cause trouble here must be Verizon shills or something. Either that or they’re really upset about being locked into a terrible rate plan with dumb or dumber and jealous of our grandfathered plans and solid service.
    *Failed attempts at projection.

**It’s a statist “I know what’s best for everyone!”/wannabe dictator mentality.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast