Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TF "Executive Resloutions" Still Exist?

Feedback Score

TF "Executive Resloutions" Still Exist?

If so, is there a specific phone number for them?

I bought the TF iPhone SE that was recently on amazing sale. Received it today. First checked here on how to transfer from my present, BYOP phone.

Contacted TF chat on Sunday, to make sure the phone would work with GSM (Apple iPhone SE is both GSM and CDMA), was assured it would, and I'd be receiving both SIMS.

Phone arrived today, only CDMA SIM.

I've been on with Chat for two hours, the last hour waiting for a supervisor. The agent insists the phone is "Tracfone branded" and "provisioned" for CDMA, and can't, won't, impossible to work with GSM. Thankfully, I didn't open the box, only the little blue Tracfone pouch.

I need this resolved, or for them to arrange for the phone return at no cost to me, and full refund. Waiting for a chat supervisor doesn't seem to be doing anything. Maybe Executive Resolution, if it still exists?

Thank you!!

Feedback Score
    I believe the phone would need to be unlocked in order for it to work on GSM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tftess View Post
    If so, is there a specific phone number for them?

I bought the TF iPhone SE that was recently on amazing sale. Received it today. First checked here on how to transfer from my present, BYOP phone.

Contacted TF chat on Sunday, to make sure the phone would work with GSM (Apple iPhone SE is both GSM and CDMA), was assured it would, and I'd be receiving both SIMS.

I've been on with Chat for two hours, the last hour waiting for a supervisor. The agent insists the phone is "Tracfone branded" and "provisioned" for CDMA, and can't, won't, impossible to work with GSM. Thankfully, I didn't open the box, only the little blue Tracfone pouch.

I need this resolved, or for them to arrange for the phone return at no cost to me, and full refund. Waiting for a chat supervisor doesn't seem to be doing anything. Maybe Executive Resolution, if it still exists?

Thank you!!
    Which TF branded device did you purchase? If it was not specifically provisioned for TF GSM network then like october262 posts it would need to be unlocked and also carry all the bands needed to operate on the GSM network you want to use?

I take you want to use AT&T network when you say GSM.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I believe the phone would need to be unlocked in order for it to work on GSM.
    Thank you! If that's the case, it's more than the chat agents know - last one promised it would work, this one insists the phone code letter defines the phone, like my old 306G... nope, there isn't a code letter. Unfortunately, CDMA/Verizon is far weaker than GSM/AT&T here in Vermont.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Which TF branded device did you purchase? If it was not specifically provisioned for TF GSM network then like october262 posts it would need to be unlocked and also carry all the bands needed to operate on the GSM network you want to use?

I take you want to use AT&T network when you say GSM.
    I bought, directly from tracfone.com, the iPhone SE. There are three iPhone SE models, one is USA (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile), one Global- Sprint, and one China. This is the USA model, it has all the bands.

Yes, I need AT&T.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score

I need this resolved, or for them to arrange for the phone return at no cost to me, and full refund.
    1. So you haven't tried putting in the GSM SIM from your existing phone to see if it works. I don't trust what the TF rep said. I understand that you don't want to open the box because you plan to return the phone. But TF does not expect the phone to be returned unopened, so there's no harm in opening the box and try the phone with a TF/AT&T SIM.
    2. TF will provide a full refund of your purchase, but you're responsible for the return shipping. They will not pay for the cost to return it.
    3. There should be a white label on one end of the box. What is the exact string of letters/number on the label? We don't need the serial number on it.

Feedback Score
    Thank you! If that's the case, it's more than the chat agents know - last one promised it would work, this one insists the phone code letter defines the phone, like my old 306G... nope, there isn't a code letter. Unfortunately, CDMA/Verizon is far weaker than GSM/AT&T here in Vermont.
    Looked at the Q&A on Best Buy, and the TF agents were giving the same inconsistent answers about GSM use. The code letter may be the "V" in the full model number hpham asked about. TF........V........

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    1. So you haven't tried putting in the GSM SIM from your existing phone to see if it works. I don't trust what the TF rep said. I understand that you don't want to open the box because you plan to return the phone. But TF does not expect the phone to be returned unopened, so there's no harm in opening the box and try the phone with a TF/AT&T SIM.
    2. TF will provide a full refund of your purchase, but you're responsible for the return shipping. They will not pay for the cost to return it.
    3. There should be a white label on one end of the box. What is the exact string of letters/number on the label? We don't need the serial number on it.
    The Executive Resolution Manager's Manager (!) said it is locked to CDMA for 1 year of service, then I can request unlock, and use on GSM or outside of Tracfone. They won't activate/transfer/merge with BYOP kit GSM SIM installed or swap from my present SIM. I fear messing up my present SIM/account somehow, if I try to move the SIM. They are sending prepaid return package.

This is Apple... there are numerous strings of numbers! :-) Do you mean the IMEI or Part# or Model# or...? There isn't any reason this phone won't work on GSM/AT&T, other than Tracfone locking it. I did check IMEI on AT&T checker, and of course it would work.

Thank you, everyone!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Looked at the Q&A on Best Buy, and the TF agents were giving the same inconsistent answers about GSM use. The code letter may be the "V" in the full model number hpham asked about. TF........V........
    There isn't any TF indication or number anywhere on the iPhone box, it looks like it would directly from Apple or anywhere else. Only the Apple serial number, model number, IMEI, etc. The Model# is MQ4Y2LL/A.

Feedback Score
    There isn't any TF indication or number anywhere on the iPhone box, it looks like it would directly from Apple or anywhere else. Only the Apple serial number, model number, IMEI, etc. The Model# is MQ4Y2LL/A.
    MQ4Y2LL/A is a TracFone companies model of the A1662. The number I saw on Best Buy is TFAPISEC32SVPBBET3. Not sure where they got that.
    I kind of thought TracFone iPhones came with Apple packaging.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Swapping the SIM won't hurt anything.

You can transfer/activate a BYOP SIM. That doesn't need/use the IMEI so they can't say the phone won't work.

Test with your current SIM first but I expect it will work. Apple doesn't modify devices for carriers. At worst it's SIM locked to TF companies but I doubt it.

One note, if you use a BYOP SIM the time doesn't could for unlocking because as far as TF knows you never activated the phone. But if your goal us to use the phone it doesn't matter.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Swapping the SIM won't hurt anything.

You can transfer/activate a BYOP SIM. That doesn't need/use the IMEI so they can't say the phone won't work.

Test with your current SIM first but I expect it will work. Apple doesn't modify devices for carriers. At worst it's SIM locked to TF companies but I doubt it.

One note, if you use a BYOP SIM the time doesn't could for unlocking because as far as TF knows you never activated the phone. But if your goal us to use the phone it doesn't matter.
    Does "At worst it's SIM locked to TF companies but I doubt it" mean you don't think iPhones sold by TF are SIM locked?

If so, what does "One note, if you use a BYOP SIM the time doesn't could for unlocking because as far as TF knows you never activated the phone" mean?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Does "At worst it's SIM locked to TF companies but I doubt it" mean you don't think iPhones sold by TF are SIM locked?

If so, what does "One note, if you use a BYOP SIM the time doesn't could for unlocking because as far as TF knows you never activated the phone" mean?

Thanks.
    1) I don't think Apple does SIM locks but I could be wrong. Apple isn't my thing.
    Be we know they can be used on AT&T and Verizon so it's not locked to one carrier. So maybe it wouldn't work with an other company's SIM even if SIM swapping (like Red Pocket, Mint, or Boom)

2) If a BYOP SIM on AT&T is used then it wouldn't count as activated/used for whatever TF could unlock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    MQ4Y2LL/A is a TracFone companies model of the A1662. The number I saw on Best Buy is TFAPISEC32SVPBBET3. Not sure where they got that.
    I kind of thought TracFone iPhones came with Apple packaging.
    I bought a SE from Straight Talk & activated it on TracFone using the sim that came with the phone. (Verizon, which is what I wanted)
    The model # is the same one (MQ4Y2LL/A) & it does come in the Apple packaging. Everything looked brand new when I opened it.
    When I was contemplating buying the SE, I did some research here on past threads. And one in particular said the Straight Talk version was tied to Verizon & the Total Wireless version could be used on Verizon or AT&T. I'm going on memory, so the reverse may be true.
    So if my memory is correct, the OP should be able to buy a Total wireless version & activate it on TracFone using AT&T towers. Unless of course things have changed with TracFone in that regard. Which we know could be the case with them.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you send the phone back unopened Tracfone may have every right to make you pay return shipping. It is an indication you did not make any effort to verify the phone will not work. The person making the decision to hold out return shipping from your refund will not know what has transpired so far with other CSR`S.

You have been told a simple SIM swap will harm nothing... yet will prove conclusively if AT&T will or will not work. Why do you hesitate? Did you really not want the phone?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast