Thread: Meet the Nokia 9 PureView

Carrier(s)
    Telus $75/15GB
    Feedback Score

Post Meet the Nokia 9 PureView

This year's Mobile World Congress is well underway, and I'll be doing my best over the course of the week to bring you the best of what the show has to offer... Today we'll be taking a quick look at the return of Nokia's PureView brand, on a device with no less than five rear cameras (!)

Name:  nokia-9.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  49.8 KB

Working in perfect unison, the five 12 MP cameras collect up to 10 times more light than a single smartphone camera color sensor. The results: photos with superb dynamic range that capture detail and texture from both the highlights and shadows, plus incredible depth-of-field and vibrant, truest-to-life color.
    To be clear, you won't be getting different focal lengths from this device (ie. no zoom); instead Nokia's latest seeks to produce the best possible image from its five cameras and the same focal length.

Notable specs are as follows:

5.99 inch QHD pOLED display
    5 x 12 MP ZEISS rear cameras (3x mono, 2x RGB)
    20 MP selfie cam with flash
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
    6 GB RAM / 128 GB storage (no microSD)
    3320 mAh battery with Qi wireless charging
    In-display fingerprint sensor
    Android One powered by Android 9 Pie
    Available in Midnight Blue
    Price: $699 USD

Sources: Nokia, The Verge
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Device(s)
    Memory
    Feedback Score

Meet the Nokia 9 PureView

It has nice sound system. It has the capability to activate noise cancellation with dedicated mic. Its video works on 2160p at 30fps, 1080p at 30fps, HDR. Such type of features enable it distinguished. Moreover its price is reasonable with most advanced features.
    Last edited by royalmobiles; 04-28-2019 at 10:43 AM. Reason: changed at signs
    Never Break Hearts

Feedback Score
    This looks promising this will be the best camera feat I have ever seen, I literally jaw drop when I checked out the vid!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by svend.g View Post
    This looks promising this will be the best camera feat I have ever seen, I literally jaw drop when I checked out the vid!
    Waiting for the Nokia 9.1. Hopefully these models like 7.2 and 9.1 will come to Verizon Wireless.

9.1 I believe will have the OLED and faster qualcomm snapdragon. I wonder how security is compared with Samsung. I realize it is part of android one however so I am not sure which is more secure as Samsung had special security software installed so while Nokia gets faster Google updates, Samsung has their own software and I am concerned about which is more secure.

I am looking at Sony, Google, Nokia, LG and Samsung devices. Not sure what other brands may have good android phones. Nokia seems to be competitive out of all the previous wireless brands from the past. Motorola has been a disappointment which merged with Lenovo. Nokia designs and build quality looks excellent and is impressive.

Seems like South Korea based LG and Samsung, Finland’s Nokia, and USA’s Google and Sony in Japan with Swedish influence from Ericsson merger have the most competitive android phones. USA and Huawei don’t get along so I won’t be touching any Huawei stuff or ZTE or the like as these devices have issues inside USA market.

Feedback Score
    The specs of 7.2 is quite impressive.