Thread: Suggestions on a new device?

Feedback Score

Suggestions on a new device?

Im currently using a galaxy s8, and honestly i want to get something else that isnt a samsung, im kind of tired of them. I was looking at a pixel 3 xl or maybe even a pixel 2xl, the pixle 3 is on sale for 699 but that seems kind of expensive for a phone to me, and i found a new pixel 2xl for 550.

I dont do a whole ton of stuff with my phones just casual games email web browsing video streaming youtube and google maps. The thing i care about most is just having a smooth performance, it doesnt have to be the fastest thing in the world i just dont want it to be jumpy and laggy. I also care about having decent battery life since i am away from home a lot (like most people). I guess i could remedy that by just keeping a portable charger in my car for like 20 bucks though so it wouldnt be the end of the world. I also want to have good software updates since i intend to keep the phone for around 2 years.

I was also looking at the motorola z3 play (cant get the regular z3 since im not on verizon) its on sale for 349 and comes with a style mod and the battery mod. but idk about how motorola will be with support for the device for the next 2 years and how the performance is, i cant find much on it on youtube.

Another big one for me is screen quality, i dont have the best eyesight so i want a nice clear crisp screen that has good viewing angles in sunlight for if im outside or using the gps in the car in the sunlight, thats the one thing i really liked about my galaxy s8. I just dont care for the curved screen though.

I use att for my service provider and i dont want to spend a ton of money, thats why im not even considering the note 9 or galaxy s10. Really 700 even seems like too much to me.

Im kind of lost like there seems to be so many options but there also seems to not be that many options, so could anyone give me some advice?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I'm looking at the new Moto G7 series. Does 'most everything I need and doesn't cost $700+.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    The more i look at it the more im considering the moto z3 play, on sale for 350 and comes with the free battery mod and style mod only 50$ more than the g7 and has a tad higher benchmark from my research.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1
    Feedback Score
    I currently have the Galaxy S9 Plus and love it. I understand they are not exactly cheap phones though and the curved screen isn't for everyone. If I had to go with another device that wasn't Samsung I'd likely choose the LG G7 or upcoming LG G8. Since the G7 has been out for a while now you might be able to find it somewhere for an affordable price. The LG G8 ThinQ flagship could be a bit pricey with it's cutting-edge and proprietary vein-scanning feature which enables you to unlock the phone without even touching it. Pretty wild stuff.
    Let's Talk Tablets - Putting the "able" in tablets since 2011.

Device(s)
    Huawei P20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I like Galaxy S9! Why I like it: display, camera, expandable storage and Dolby Atmos. So I vote for this phone. I don't have any experience with S10, so I can't recommend.
    Best and worst brands, reviews from real customers - https://www.pissedconsumer.com/

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Feedback Score
    If you like Oneplus mobile phones, Oneplus 6T is a good option for you.

Feedback Score
    Did you check out Huawei brand. It is very nice looking and has great camera and overall features. I think it is very nice phone that is in some points better than any Samsung and apple .