Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Prepaid in Canada and Mexico will be 2g from 17 March, unless you are on AT&T MX

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile for the whole globe , Att reactivated!!!
    Feedback Score

Prepaid in Canada and Mexico will be 2g from 17 March, unless you are on AT&T MX

Prepaid Canada and Mexico will be 2g from 17 March, unless you are on Att MEX:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...anada_anymore/

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolshayaptica View Post
    Prepaid Canada and Mexico will be 2g from 17 March, unless you are on Att MEX:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...anada_anymore/
    Where will=may. If you read the actual text. Also, this has been in the fine print on AT&T's prepaid website for quite some time, so I am not sure what is new here.
    Durham, NC

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I do not read prepaid fine print often, so may be most of the members here, just wanted to share here. Sorry that you didn't like that.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They've randomly been throttling postpaid on Telcel off and on for years, with no notice.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I do not read prepaid fine print often, so may be most of the members here, just wanted to share here. Sorry that you didn't like that.
    No offense taken. I was just trying to understand why someone was getting a text from AT&T with old information.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    No offense taken. I was just trying to understand why someone was getting a text from AT&T with old information.
    Maybe they know something I don't. I don't know of any upcoming plans in the next year to go to Canada or Mexico, but if I win a lottery or a contest I may.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    :-)
    I only hope that they do not change postpaid Canadian roaming. The main reason I'm with Att is unlimited data there. I heard the story that the data is more expensive in Canada and Canadians bought At&t prepaid and used it there. With double sim iPhones and other devices they could use talk-text Canadian number and data from Att. Att blocked them every 2 months, but they bought the other SIM online right after. I tried to use VZW, but 0.5Gb/day didn't work for me when you travel there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    They've randomly been throttling postpaid on Telcel off and on for years, with no notice.
    Postpaid ATT on Telcel was 0.2-0.3 down in Mexico. And it was not congested, T-mobile gave 20+ speeds at the same spot on Telcel. Att MEX was full speed. Just came from there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    :-)
    I only hope that they do not change postpaid Canadian roaming. The main reason I'm with Att is unlimited data there. I heard the story that the data is more expensive in Canada and Canadians bought At&t prepaid and used it there. With double sim iPhones and other devices they could use talk-text Canadian number and data from Att. Att blocked them every 2 months, but they bought the other SIM online right after. I tried to use VZW, but 0.5Gb/day didn't work for me when you travel there.
    Maybe they are only sending that text to people who have roamed there. I have not received it, although I am planning to visit Canada this year. I was unaware of the Canadian customers buying prepaid AT&T, but I can see why they wouldn't want that.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Maybe they are only sending that text to people who have roamed there. I have not received it, although I am planning to visit Canada this year. I was unaware of the Canadian customers buying prepaid AT&T, but I can see why they wouldn't want that.
    The line I received the text on is relatively new. It has never roamed in Canada or Mexico.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Same here. I had ATT postpaid 3 1/2 years ago, but didn't have roaming then and the phone was in airplane mode then. Maybe it depends on the plan, and whether it supports roaming there? You need at least the current $50/40 plan to have roaming. And I suppose if you are on a grandfathered plan that didn't offer it you probably wouldn't get the message.

Sure would have been handy back in 2015 when I was there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have 2 lines- $45 (6GB) plan and $35 (1GB) plan. The $45 plan received the text, the $35 plan did not. Don’t know if I’m considered “grandfathered” for the $45 line - got it 4 1/2 years ago originally 3GB and att upgraded it to 6GB. Neither lines have roamed in CAN or MEX. Name:  1243B739-8E1B-4C36-A9F2-E6BCBC5C161C.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  63.4 KB
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:
    https://imgur.com/a/UMj1hM1

Device(s)
    Doogee S90, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,KoKo,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    At one time AT&T had a 34% stake in Rogers wireless of Canada. They sold that in September, 2004 as part of their merger with Cingular.

Still many alternatives including using a Canadian prepaid sim or a prepaid roaming international mifi such as SkyRoam or glocalme.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    At one time AT&T had a 34% stake in Rogers wireless of Canada. They sold that in September, 2004 as part of their merger with Cingular.

Still many alternatives including using a Canadian prepaid sim or a prepaid roaming international mifi such as SkyRoam or glocalme.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using HoFo mobile app
    I remember that days when it was Rogers-At&t on the Rogers main office on Bloor St and Mt. Pleasant st in Toronto.

For me roaming with local prepaid is not the option, I need to call from my number and I get plenty of texts/imessages on my phone. May be only buy prepaid to use local data on the second sim.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    I try to avoid using Telcel on my AT&T line and just use my Telcel line to avoid this and to avoid using my Verizon Wireless line since they only give you 500 MB of high speed data. Sometimes, it can't be helped since my AT&T US line will automatically use Telcel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast