Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What keeps you with Verizon? Is it simply the coverage?

Feedback Score
    My discounts and service.

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    The fact VERIZON doesn’t charge a $45 upgrade fee, like ATT, for doing absolutely nothing. I do all work via business portals. When you have 600 devices and ATT charges a $45 upgrade fee while VERIZON does not, it adds up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    For anyone that wants to still use Verizon network, but pay less, TotalWireless is an option. Their single plan, for $33.20 (autorefill) gives 7.5GB of data.
    I've looked into Total Wireless and Straight Talk. What stops me from pursuing it any further is due to both MVNOs do not allow mobile hotspots.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is Verizon expanding service to "new" areas?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Is Verizon expanding service to "new" areas?
    What area doesn’t Verizon cover?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It used to be coverage, but after recently trying out the different carriers again, I can say #1 on my list is reliability. In my personal experiences, I've found T-Mobile's network to be the most fragile with almost no backup provisions at their sites in the 3 metro areas I've lived in with their service. If commercial power is lost, the site goes offline, leaving users in the area without any service. If a large portion of a metro area loses power, then that entire area also loses T-Mobile service. In my eyes, a power outage is the time you need your phone the most since it will most likely be one of the few things that has power still. Verizon's strategy of putting a diesel backup generator and batteries at every macro site that isn't restricted from having one seems to be paying off for them in my area. So my new top 3 reasons are:

1) Network reliability
    2) Coverage
    3) Call/Data consistency

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho_2000 View Post
    The fact VERIZON doesn’t charge a $45 upgrade fee, like ATT, for doing absolutely nothing. I do all work via business portals. When you have 600 devices and ATT charges a $45 upgrade fee while VERIZON does not, it adds up quickly.

Verizon charges a 30 upgrade fee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmetz View Post
    What area doesn’t Verizon cover?
    There are a lot of places, granted, they are less in number than the AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint, but they're there, I can show you places up here where Verizon doesn't cover, but U.S. Cellular does.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They have treated me well over the last 15 years I’ve been with them. They are ok for me coverage wise... and I don’t feel like leaving and putting money down for new phones lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Verizon has a solid network for sure. The company that seems closest to Verizon and their amount of lte is TMobile. I think it will be Verizon #1, then probably TMobile #2, att still losing customers , and Sprint either absorbed into TMobile or eventually fizzle out and sold for scraps.

I think Verizon continues to be the best with TMobile becoming their main competitor
    Actually AT&T still has a strong coverage lead over T-Mobile (even though it has narrowed some), and AT&T has twice as many customers as TMO. (The coverage is true looking at the situation nationwide, and I experienced it anecdotally: I had T-Mobile last year and enjoyed roaming onto AT&T. T-Mobile then suddenly cut the roaming entirely, and my phone became mostly useless having to get by on just TMO coverage without the expanded AT&T coverage added to it).

It's easy to see that T-Mobile is coming on strong, though, and won't be distant third forever.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Actually AT&T still has a strong coverage lead over T-Mobile (even though it has narrowed some), and AT&T has twice as many customers as TMO. (The coverage is true looking at the situation nationwide, and I experienced it anecdotally: I had T-Mobile last year and enjoyed roaming onto AT&T. T-Mobile then suddenly cut the roaming entirely, and my phone became mostly useless having to get by on just TMO coverage without the expanded AT&T coverage added to it).

It's easy to see that T-Mobile is coming on strong, though, and won't be distant third forever.
    In the long run I think we will have 3 viable carriers, all with good coverage some better at some things, others better at something else but all should be pretty good options

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    In the long run I think we will have 3 viable carriers, all with good coverage some better at some things, others better at something else but all should be pretty good options
    I think at this point I would preferred to see sprint sold off for scraps so that all carriers have an equal shot at picking up the pieces and the benefits. Like for example Verizon could buy some of their mid band spectrum to help with congestion in certain sports.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I have 4 here, VZ, AT&T, TMO and USCC.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    https://stopthecap.com/2017/09/14/ve...-cell-service/

It's worse than the article from 2017 portrays, although we didn't lose service. Walmart in Caro sells Tracfone and Straight Talk both of which use AT&T as the carrier.

There are areas along Lake Huron that have zero service whereas in prior years there was great service everywhere in the thumb.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4