Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What keeps you with Verizon? Is it simply the coverage?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ren7nc View Post
    The degradation is affecting postpaid too. I notified AT&T about the issues, unfortunately, I didn't see any improvement. In my area, Virginia Beach, Verizon and T-Mobile have the best coverage. AT&T and Sprint are battling for last place. LOL.
    I go to vabeach and surrounding areas like chesapeake every few months and the other day att was struggling. On Volvo Pkwy couldn't use data, went to Greenbrier and lynnhaven areas and some spots no coverage at all. Was surprising

I think att will get the focus back after a while(hopefully)

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I go to vabeach and surrounding areas like chesapeake every few months and the other day att was struggling. On Volvo Pkwy couldn't use data, went to Greenbrier and lynnhaven areas and some spots no coverage at all. Was surprising

I think att will get the focus back after a while(hopefully)
    That is disappointing. Volvo, Greenbrier, and Lynnhaven are not in the country; those are highly populated areas. I hope AT&T will solve the problems because wireless competition benefits us consumers.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ren7nc View Post
    That is disappointing. Volvo, Greenbrier, and Lynnhaven are not in the country; those are highly populated areas. I hope AT&T will solve the problems because wireless competition benefits us consumers.
    Yeah I've had times it worked well out there so hopefully they get back on track. I think the tv focus really changed some things. I've been near laskin and gotten 150 down with great coverage so there's def potential

At first, firstnet really came out swinging so hopefully that picks up some steam to really get things working well. When att works properly it's really excellent so hoepfully those areas get back to working well

Feedback Score
    I tried Verizon in November and they were really the best carrier as far as coverage goes. Unfortunately, I no longer have Verizon because my account got hacked and 4 iPhones and an iPad were bought using my account and credit card. My line was suspended when I reported the fraud.

Now I have Xfinity mobile and get the same great coverage as I was getting since it is using Verizon service. The speeds are identical with what I was getting on Verizon, even topped out at 201Mbps a few nights ago.

I have AT&T as my daily though and the coverage sucks. I wish I would have been able to stay on Verizon though and buy two phones through them because I'm stuck on AT&T financing two phones that I bought before I tried Verizon.

The bad thing about Verizon and Xfinity and AT&T is that none of them get me coverage at my house, so I keep a T-Mobile account active just for that reason.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just returned to Verizon after eleven years away. The last five years have been with AT&T. Their coverage is great where I live (Phoenix, AZ area) and worked great on my recent vacation to Missouri. However, I've started doing scenic photography in my spare time and that takes me all around the state. I've found that AT&T has some large areas of Arizona that are not covered and I feel better having a better chance at phone service when I'm out and about, especially on some back road in my Jeep. Verizon seems to have the best rural coverage in AZ and the 5GB postpaid plan for $55 with autopay is not much more than I was paying for AT&T Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    For anyone that wants to still use Verizon network, but pay less, TotalWireless is an option. Their single plan, for $33.20 (autorefill) gives 7.5GB of data.
    Use this referral code, when subscribing to TotalWireless, to save money: RWOI-B602
    Rules: https://rewards.totalwireless.com/refer

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    Verizon is the only carrier that works well at my place of work.
    Ditto this is and that they actually have a decent customer service and an easy to use web portal to manage hundreds of lines.
    This what I use for work purposes and for my iPad.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After 9 years with T-Mobile, I switched back to Verizon. I stay with them for the coverage in BFE places. The cost is pretty close.

T-Mobile Simple Choice 10 limes with unlimited LTE
    $306 + ~$35 tax/fees = $341

T-Mobile One 10 lines
    $300 w/auto pay or $340

Verizon Unlimited plan (February 2017)
    $110 data + 10 lines $200 = $310

$310 + -$20 tax/fees = $330
    $320 w/auto pay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    After 9 years with T-Mobile, I switched back to Verizon. I stay with them for the coverage in BFE places. The cost is pretty close.

T-Mobile One 10 lines
    $300 w/auto pay or $340

$320 w/auto pay
    If those ten limes come with coronas I’m sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    If those ten limes come with coronas I’m sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol

6 out of the ten lines are other family members.
    Ex. Sister, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, in-laws, nephew.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I went to Verizon because AT&T has left numerous coverage holes for well over a decade, then when unlimited came back the network became unusable pretty much all together. T-Mobile is inconsistent where it does work, is congested in the city and has no coverage in the rural areas I frequent.

Verizon has the majority of those kinds of issues under control and nobody else has come close to matching their network yet, so that’s why I stay. If AT&T can ever offer the level of service Verizon does then I’ll consider them again.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've only had Verizon and have been using them for over 16 years. I definitely benefit from being in the northeast where Verizon gives a lot of love. When I started working in the telecommunications field I got exposed to how all four carriers operated and Verizon definitely seemed ahead of the game in terms of how they designed their sites like acknowledging future upgrades 3-4 years down the line and always making sure to have a backup generator (this was over 7 years ago). The only thing they were a bit behind in was the use of remote radioheads but since adapting that they've typically been working with manufacturers to make sure they have the latest and greatest. They have also been the most active in terms of small cell deployments starting from at least 4-5 years ago so there are a lot of small towns in upstate New York where they're the only carrier around with a couple of small cells sprinkled in to supplement the nearby macro towers. Even last year they partnered with Extenet to light up 30+ nodes in the nearby city of around 25K people and in the surrounding suburbs there's at least 5 independent small cells within the last 2 years and 3-4 more planned to offload traffic in several shopping centers and mildly dense neighborhoods. No other carrier has been paying that much attention in the area although I hear AT&T works very well in my county.

Feedback Score
    It’s the fact that I get a solid signal and fast speeds in most areas I travel. I’ve also seen him add more cell sites more than any other carrier in my area. AT&T has improved as well but in the NYC market Verizon is certainly the most reliable carrier

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Ditto this is and that they actually have a decent customer service and an easy to use web portal to manage hundreds of lines. This what I use for work purposes and for my iPad.
    And another plus with Verizon is that I actually get VoLTE with my Samsung bought S8 and BB KeyOne...

But despite the ups with Verizon, it isn't the only carrier I use since I'm still an AT&T customer for my personal use, other than my in my office, AT&T still works when I visit my mom in Vermont, SoCal and for those frequent or extended trips in Mexico and rare jaunts into Canada. No way am I going to use Verizon in Mexico and pay the extra $5/day or deal with the stupid 500 MB daily limit of high speed data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post

T-Mobile One 10 lines
    $300 w/auto pay or $340

$320 w/auto pay
    The price difference between T-Mobile and Verizon is so close nowadays that there is no reason to put up with T-Maybe's crappy coverage for the minuscule savings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast