Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What keeps you with Verizon? Is it simply the coverage?

Feedback Score
    I wish I wasn't paying $151 a month for unlimited data, my Note 9, and insurance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harlenm77 View Post
    I wish I wasn't paying $151 a month for unlimited data, my Note 9, and insurance.

Even when I was on unlimited Verizon prepaid, my price was under $40 a month. And even if I get a Galaxy S10+, I wont be paying more than $30 a month after my $300 trade in for my S8. And 24 months no interest from Samsung.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    Even when I was on unlimited Verizon prepaid, my price was under $40 a month. And even if I get a Galaxy S10+, I wont be paying more than $30 a month after my $300 trade in for my S8. And 24 months no interest from Samsung.

How? Verizon prepaid is $70 for unlimited and $45 for 15gb

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Honestly, it can’t be put into words. To truly understand just how amazing Verizon is, you’ll need to start from the beginning and work your way through. https://www.verizon.com/about/news-r...gement?page=13 and https://www.verizon.com/about/news-t...edness?page=22 I’ve been a customer of their wireline service since 1958 and of their wireless service since 2002. It’s a premium product for a reason. They truly are the best.
    Oh wow. We've achieved new levels of shilling previously thought to be impossible.

This is like dual-overhead-cam twin turbo shilling here.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harlenm77 View Post
    How? Verizon prepaid is $70 for unlimited and $45 for 15gb

Verizon Prepaid is $65 for unlimited with auto pay enabled. But they pull from the balance on your account first. I get the refill pins at 40% off or higher. Which means I actually pay $39 or lower. I typically keep a running balance of $400 or so since I get the refill pins when they have big discounts on ebay. Like the other day. $40 refill pins for $24.75 plus an extra 8% back in ebay bucks. I bought a couple which put my balance over $500. And I'll purchase more probably in the Summer when they have another sale.

The 8GB + 7GB for life plan is $45 with auto pay. Which means I pay $27 or lower with a discount of 40% or more.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Oh wow. We've achieved new levels of shilling previously thought to be impossible.

yup approaching T-Mobile level twitter feed comedy time.
    I have enough drama in my worklife I stick with Verizon because of no drama, never even had to setup WiFi calling for signal problems. I want phone service to be like my electrical utility, no dancing bears, or free tacos needed. Since single lines deals are rare, with my discount Verizon is a good deal for me.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    Reliability and coverage. It just works where I need it.

Oh an their app isn't a buggy piece of s*** like T-Mobile's.
    Absolutely... Percent...

Feedback Score
    Yes, it's the coverage. Because if the phone doesn't work nothing else matters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post

That did look like a bit of a Verigasm there didn't it?

Device(s)
    iPhone X (Verizon), Pixel 2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t - (2000-2018) T-Mobile (2018-present, VZW (2011-present)
    Feedback Score
    We just moved to Verizon a few months ago after being on At&t/Cingular/Houston Cellular for the past 18 years. At&t used to be the best carrier for coverage around here, but over the past 2 years or so there has been a major degradation with their network for what ever reason. Lots of places ours and family/friends/co-workers At&t phones (mix of various iPhones and Androids) used to work great and now go dead. We got tired of it and ended up switching to Verizon finally, along with many others we know. So far the coverage and speeds have been fantastic. We are actually paying less too!

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Was out with a friend the other night. His Verizon and TMobile phones had coverage while my firstnet didn't. I know that's only only instance but Verizon is so much better than my firstnet line at this point.

Hopefully as att builds more it will match Verizon but I'm having my doubts after them saying it's over 40% complete. We shall see

Now when an emergency happens that's probably when I'll see the benefit of firstnet but everyday cell use I havent seen it yet

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I left AT&T after 18 years for Verizon for better coverage. AT&T's coverage at my work and home started to degrade within the past year or so to the point I had no coverage.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ren7nc View Post
    I left AT&T after 18 years for Verizon for better coverage. AT&T's coverage at my work and home started to degrade within the past year or so to the point I had no coverage.
    I've had the same thing happen recently. Spots seem to have degraded considerably whether it's att prepaid or my firstnet line

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I've had the same thing happen recently. Spots seem to have degraded considerably whether it's att prepaid or my firstnet line
    The degradation is affecting postpaid too. I notified AT&T about the issues, unfortunately, I didn't see any improvement. In my area, Virginia Beach, Verizon and T-Mobile have the best coverage. AT&T and Sprint are battling for last place. LOL.

Feedback Score
    Yes, the coverage more than anything else.
    Verizon is also the fastest of the four carriers at home.
    I use a verizon gUDP for internet (and will until i'm forced off or better options become available).
    I regularly get 40Mbps+ on the gUDP. IIRC my next best option was 8Mbps on AT&T's LTE with deprioritization.
    AT&T is a close second in coverage here, Sprint has pretty decent coverage but terrible speeds in the entire area, T-Mobile has great speeds but by far the worst coverage of the four.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast