Thread: T-Mobile's Legere: We Are the Un-Cable, Too

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...le-with-sprint

The mystery behind the dark money anti-merger lobbying group deepens....
    Well well well and when I said "Some Companies are paying Lobbyists to try and stop this merger using politician to spike the deal. ", I was called out by SMSgator that claimed I was making up stuff since he claimed there was little to no lobbyist against the merger.... Can't wait for SMSgator's Anti-T-Mobile spin on this article he demanded I produce news articles to backup my thoughts on Lobbyist in this merger.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-15-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Well well well and when I said "I think Lobbyist were trying to get politicians to stop the T-Mobile & Sprint merger", I was called out by SMSgator that claimed I was making up stuff since he claimed there was little to no lobbyist against the merger.... Can't wait for SMSgator's Anti-T-Mobile spin on this article he demanded I produce to back up my thoughts.
    I wouldn't pay attention to smgator. They are jealous of TMobile for all the success.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Well well well and when I said "Some Companies are paying Lobbyists to try and stop this merger using politician to spike the deal. ", I was called out by SMSgator that claimed I was making up stuff since he claimed there was little to no lobbyist against the merger.... Can't wait for SMSgator's Anti-T-Mobile spin on this article he demanded I produce news articles to backup my thoughts on Lobbyist in this merger.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...-sprint-t.html

Consumer Choice Alliance, a nonprofit sponsoring Protect America’s Wireless has as a director Moses Mercado, according to OpenSecrets.org. Mercado, who heads Ogilvy Government Relations, lobbied for AT&T, Verizon Communications and Comcast Corp. in 2018. The three paid Ogilvy a total of $720,000 last year.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    How much do you pay for Comcast's gigabit? I pay $40 for Verizon Fios gigabit - no caps - 940 down and 880 up guaranteed but i see 930/920 all of the time.
    how the heck is it only $40?

Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I pay about $60 or so more than you but I get 940 down and I get 40 up another upload speed is pathetic.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    i have phone/tv and GIG internet pay $214 but after returning their modem and 1 HD box my bill will be $190

yea the uploads F-ing sucks, its a huge slap in the face for sure!

Well Comcast has a monopoly on my entire town as well. Plus the condo complex I live in. So I really hope fixed Wireless gets here sooner than later.

same here!!

vzw was about to hit my town till comcast and vzw made a contract not to enter each others areas so now im stuck with comcrap, it was real shady that both companies did this, i be they both get kick backs from each other

Feedback Score
    I don't like the "un cable" term.. to me, it means "not cable"... you know, the situation where there's only two or three channels, and you can't really get them unless you do 15 minutes of work moving around an antenna between every channel change.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    how the heck is it only $40?

i have phone/tv and GIG internet pay $214 but after returning their modem and 1 HD box my bill will be $190

yea the uploads F-ing sucks, its a huge slap in the face for sure!

same here!!

vzw was about to hit my town till comcast and vzw made a contract not to enter each others areas so now im stuck with comcrap, it was real shady that both companies did this, i be they both get kick backs from each other
    I have the internet and I pay $110 a month. Still ridiculously expensive. I'm thinking of just not even having internet.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well the current admin is pretty adamant about wanting the US to be a leader with 5G. I wonder if that will spill over into the decisions made by the FCC and the DOJ?

https://www.lightreading.com/mobile/...a/d-id/749603?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Well the current admin is pretty adamant about wanting the US to be a leader with 5G. I wonder if that will spill over into the decisions made by the FCC and the DOJ?

https://www.lightreading.com/mobile/...a/d-id/749603?
    I think it could potentially help some. I wish they would pass it to let TMobile get to work

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the internet and I pay $110 a month. Still ridiculously expensive. I'm thinking of just not even having internet.

i wanna cancel comcast altogether, i have the car connect $20 unlimited hotspot BUT speeds aint fast for streaming 3 live HD tvs

Device(s)
    iPhone X (Verizon), Pixel 2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t - (2000-2018) T-Mobile (2018-present, VZW (2011-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    I wonder how HOA's will deal with fixed wireless when an antenna can be placed inside.

Forcing you to pay for tv when you don't want it seems legally questionable though I'm sure Comcast has all their i's dotted and t's crossed usually when something smells funny it's bad, so to speak.

The antennas for fixed wireless, satellite internet/television, and OTA television can be placed outside too and the HOA can do nothing about it, according to the FCC!

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by technoevil View Post
    The antennas for fixed wireless, satellite internet/television, and OTA television can be placed outside too and the HOA can do nothing about it, according to the FCC!
    Yep, screw those overreaching HOA'S. They can't stop anyone wanting to have a neatly installed antenna.Name:  DSC00716.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  36.0 KB

Sent from my moto g(6) play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Yep, screw those overreaching HOA'S. They can't stop anyone wanting to have a neatly installed antenna.Name:  DSC00716.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  36.0 KB

Sent from my moto g(6) play using HoFo mobile app
    Wow, great setup. There's no way to do that with a single antenna, it would be too long..

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Bundled price- I was paying $64 for 150/150 (internet only) and my contract was about to end so I did a few online chats over a couple days, Verizon surprisingly offered me new customer pricing on basically everything. So I upgraded from internet only to a double play. Total bill before upgrade was $77 a month. $64+ router rental. Bought my own router on eBay, so that saved $12 a month. Taxes on the tv portion kinda surprised me, almost $20.

I’m glad my HOA didn’t try and stop Verizon from bringing fiber in when they deployed it in my area in 2007/2008. I’ve been throgh hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding and Verizon’s fiber has never went out or been “cut”. Comcast after hurricane sandy took 5 days to get back up. Granted I live less than a mile from the CO and the wiring is 100% underground, but so is Comcast and the reliability of Comcast sucks. Last time I was with them was 2 years ago, the internet was out at least once a month. I don’t upload anything so I don’t really care about upload speed, the main thing I care about is reliability, fast download and when Verizon offered me new customer pricing without having to leave, go to Comcast for a few months and switch back to Verizon it was a no brainer to stay with Verizon. $101.96 is with $5 employer discount, I noticed Comcast does not offer employer discounts when looking around. $101 is a little more than what i wanted to pay, could save $12 buy returning the HD Box- haven't even turned it on in a week honestly. The HD box isn’t just HD now, forgot it’s now 4K.

Gigabit is honestly way over kill for us right now. I don’t have anything that can really use the full speed. But i like to go overkill.
    Name:  BB4AA0A8-CDE3-4944-9A7E-88757A2B2F2A.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  45.8 KB Name:  D4673F3E-9F41-4824-B7C3-D3809817D511.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  45.8 KB Name:  C61A7A25-40CE-42AA-A61D-A029AD36CE87.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  36.1 KB Name:  2BB63974-9BB4-4EAA-AA8C-8942A1436926.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  47.9 KBName:  4992ED10-91BF-4FF8-83B3-6F4A61FA0344.jpg
Size:  41.1 KB fast.com and Speedtest.net were from an Xbox one - the fastest thing I have for speed. I’ve gotten up to 600/600 on Speedtest.net on the Xbox but this was a test right now.
    Last edited by Maryland; 02-24-2019 at 02:08 AM.
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well Comcast has a monopoly on my entire town as well. Plus the condo complex I live in. So I really hope fixed Wireless gets here sooner than later.

Both AT&T and Comcast have spent a lot of money in my city running fiber. They've been in my back yard a lot since there's a pole back there. But the prices are very high, about $90 for gigabit service from either provider. Prior to Comcast running fiber they had also upgraded the coaxial infrastructure (that they had purchased from AT&T). Prior to AT&T FTTN they ran fiber to the curb and used the twisted pairs for the last few hundred feet, which got pretty good speeds. We also have a reseller, Sonic, that charges $80/month for the first year of gigabit service and includes a VOIP phone line (which is no big deal since Google Voice also has free VOIP phone service).

It'd be nice if 5G service brought down prices, but I wouldn't count on it. What would be good would be the portability of 5G broadband. Verizon is all gung-ho about 5G in my area while the other carriers have little interest. Verizon has a good reason, they have no broadband solution except in the very few cities where they were the landline carrier as well, and there they have FIOS but they have stopped adding to the network.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    Bundled price- I was paying $64 for 150/150 (internet only) and my contract was about to end so I did a few online chats over a couple days, Verizon surprisingly offered me new customer pricing on basically everything. So I upgraded from internet only to a double play. Total bill before upgrade was $77 a month. $64+ router rental. Bought my own router on eBay, so that saved $12 a month. Taxes on the tv portion kinda surprised me, almost $20.

I’m glad my HOA didn’t try and stop Verizon from bringing fiber in when they deployed it in my area in 2007/2008. I’ve been throgh hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding and Verizon’s fiber has never went out or been “cut”. Comcast after hurricane sandy took 5 days to get back up. Granted I live less than a mile from the CO and the wiring is 100% underground, but so is Comcast and the reliability of Comcast sucks. Last time I was with them was 2 years ago, the internet was out at least once a month. I don’t upload anything so I don’t really care about upload speed, the main thing I care about is reliability, fast download and when Verizon offered me new customer pricing without having to leave, go to Comcast for a few months and switch back to Verizon it was a no brainer to stay with Verizon. $101.96 is with $5 employer discount, I noticed Comcast does not offer employer discounts when looking around. $101 is a little more than what i wanted to pay, could save $12 buy returning the HD Box- haven't even turned it on in a week honestly. The HD box isn’t just HD now, forgot it’s now 4K.

Gigabit is honestly way over kill for us right now. I don’t have anything that can really use the full speed. But i like to go overkill.
    Name:  BB4AA0A8-CDE3-4944-9A7E-88757A2B2F2A.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  45.8 KB Name:  D4673F3E-9F41-4824-B7C3-D3809817D511.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  45.8 KB Name:  C61A7A25-40CE-42AA-A61D-A029AD36CE87.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  36.1 KB Name:  2BB63974-9BB4-4EAA-AA8C-8942A1436926.jpg
Size:  47.9 KBName:  4992ED10-91BF-4FF8-83B3-6F4A61FA0344.jpg
Size:  41.1 KB fast.com and Speedtest.net were from an Xbox one - the fastest thing I have for speed. I’ve gotten up to 600/600 on Speedtest.net on the Xbox but this was a test right now.

wow thats a good deal, deff stay with verizon...

i would LOVE to go with verizon but stuck with comcast as they are the only ISP in my area ugh..

my bill is over $230 but after i return a HD box and modem (buying new modem) and this other box my bill will be $190, comcast LOVES their bullcrap fees smh

i also have the GIG speeds BUT comcast uploads are cap at 35Mbps!!..my family lives nextdoor and we all use my connection, we do alot of video calls and the uploads cant handle the data, we have ppl uploading..would be really nice to have the 800Mbps upload speeds!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast