Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile's Legere: We Are the Un-Cable, Too

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile's Legere: We Are the Un-Cable, Too

BTW, CSPAN-3 ( Comcast Channel 105 ) is now showing congress and T-Mobile/Sprint review live...

T-Mobile CEO John Legere plans to tell Congress Wednesday (Feb. 13) that if it is allowed to combine with Sprint, it will not only be the un-carrier competitor to AT&T and Verizon, but something of an un-cable competitor, too, with 5G helping to drive cord-cutting and prompt price cuts by cable ops.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    BTW, CSPAN-3 ( Comcast Channel 105 ) is now showing congress and T-Mobile/Sprint review live...

T-Mobile CEO John Legere plans to tell Congress Wednesday (Feb. 13) that if it is allowed to combine with Sprint, it will not only be the un-carrier competitor to AT&T and Verizon, but something of an un-cable competitor, too, with 5G helping to drive cord-cutting and prompt price cuts by cable ops.
    I have gigabit internet with Comcast I can definitely agree that the prices have to drop considerably.

Sent from my SM-T837T using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Watched CSPAN-3 with John Legere & Sprint's Marcelo Claure meeting with Congress and some consumer, some technology think tank and a Union leader of the Communication workers. Once again John Leger was the only intelligences in the room. Marcelo Claure just stammered and wasn't that clear but did make a few good points. Marcelo Claure did say that Sprint doesn't make any money and without the merger will only be able to build out 5G in a few urban setting.

The Union leader of the Communications Workers of America that claims it would cost lots of jobs if the merger was approved was ask by Congress why the CWA supported the merger of T-Mobile with AT&T and he said because AT&T agreed it would agree to support the CWA with Union jobs. It was clear he only supports Union Jobs and not Non-Union jobs.

The lady that supported the rural telephone networks was almost babbling with no apparent point to make. Sure would have loved someone to ask her how many of her rural networks were CDMA and/or don't even support 4G LTE today.

The technology think tank guy wanted the networks to overbuild the Rural local networks to provide 5G networks he claimed they could not afford as the lady from the rural networks disagreed with him.

However John Legere committed he would not raise service prices on Sprint or T-Mobile for three years and would be willing to make that commitment part of the deal and legally binding. John Legere also tried to get them to understand that with the merger the New T-Mobile would be able to provide WISP services to rural customers. No one in Congress seem to expand on that issue just accept his statement.

Lifeline support that Sprint is the 2nd biggest supplier only behind Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim's TracFone. The Lifeline was very confusing since John Legere said he would commit to all of the Sprint Lifeline contracts and put that into legal wording but it seems that Congress wanted him to commit to beyond the current goverment Lifeline contracts.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I have gigabit internet with Comcast I can definitely agree that the prices have to drop considerably.

Sent from my SM-T837T using Tapatalk
    How much do you pay for Comcast's gigabit? I pay $40 for Verizon Fios gigabit - no caps - 940 down and 880 up guaranteed but i see 930/920 all of the time.
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    How much do you pay for Comcast's gigabit? I pay $40 for Verizon Fios gigabit - no caps - 940 down and 880 up guaranteed but i see 930/920 all of the time.
    I pay about $60 or so more than you but I get 940 down and I get 40 up another upload speed is pathetic.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    One of the Congressmen from Arizona said at his home in Az that he didn’t even have cable TV or any home broadband internet options. There are a lot of homes that don’t have broadband internet that could be served by WISP using 5G. Really I hate Comcast but they have a monopoly with the city for service.

I have Xfinity/Comcast Broadband and pay $50 a month but I get better speeds from T-Mobile than Comcast for the same price.

Xfinity 30.16 Down and 2.37 Up

Name:  Speedtest Feb 2019.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  39.2 KB

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    One of the Congressmen from Arizona said at his home in Az that he didn’t even have cable TV or any home broadband internet options. There are a lot of homes that don’t have broadband internet that could be served by WISP using 5G. Really I hate Comcast but they have a monopoly with the city for service.

I have Xfinity/Comcast Broadband and pay $50 a month but I get better speeds from T-Mobile than Comcast for the same price.

Xfinity 30.16 Down and 2.37 Up

Name:  Speedtest Feb 2019.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  39.2 KB
    I get over 940 down via Ethernet in about 500 through Wi-Fi

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I get over 940 down via Ethernet in about 500 through Wi-Fi

Comcast put their cables underground in about 1983 in my neighborhood and don’t meet current cable type standards. Top that off with trees that have damaged the cables with water damage underground that the city forced my HOA to plant where the cables are. I have been lucky I don’t lose internet about 15 times plus a month like I did 6 months ago. I would fire Comcast but my HOA has a long contract with them that forces me to pay for Comcast via my HOA for TV even if I don’t use it. Comcast has a monopoly with my city for cable. AT&T only has twisted pair of copper wires and is even slower than Comcast. There are no other internet options in my area. The 30 Mbps speed is good enough. But I have lost internet twice this week for a few hours that drives me nuts.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Comcast put their cables underground in about 1983 in my neighborhood and don’t meet current cable type standards. Top that off with trees that have damaged the cables with water damage underground that the city forced my HOA to plant where the cables are. I have been lucky I don’t lose internet about 15 times a month like I did 6 months ago. I would fire Comcast but my HOA has a long contract with them that forces me to pay for Comcast via my HOA for TV even if I don’t use it. Comcast has a monopoly with my city for cable. AT&T only has twisted pair of copper wires and is even slower than Comcast. There are no other internet options in my area.
    Well Comcast has a monopoly on my entire town as well. Plus the condo complex I live in. So I really hope fixed Wireless gets here sooner than later.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Comcast put their cables underground in about 1983 in my neighborhood and don’t meet current cable type standards. Top that off with trees that have damaged the cables with water damage underground that the city forced my HOA to plant where the cables are. I have been lucky I don’t lose internet about 15 times plus a month like I did 6 months ago. I would fire Comcast but my HOA has a long contract with them that forces me to pay for Comcast via my HOA for TV even if I don’t use it. Comcast has a monopoly with my city for cable. AT&T only has twisted pair of copper wires and is even slower than Comcast. There are no other internet options in my area. The 30 Mbps speed is good enough. But I have lost internet twice this week for a few hours that drives me nuts.
    I wonder how HOA's will deal with fixed wireless when an antenna can be placed inside.

Forcing you to pay for tv when you don't want it seems legally questionable though I'm sure Comcast has all their i's dotted and t's crossed usually when something smells funny it's bad, so to speak.

Feedback Score
    ....It was clear he only supports Union Jobs and not Non-Union jobs...
    The opposition by the bullies in the CWA only strengthens my support of the merger. And yes, as long as their main mode of operation is to force people to join them against their will, I will call the CWA bullies.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    The opposition by the bullies in the CWA only strengthens my support of the merger. And yes, as long as their main mode of operation is to force people to join them against their will, I will call the CWA bullies.
    Sure the cwa has lost credibility over the years and should just disband but doesn't look like that will happen any time soon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Sure the cwa has lost credibility over the years and should just disband but doesn't look like that will happen any time soon
    If communications workers had a choice of whether or not to belong, the CWA membership would probably go down by two-thirds. I don't think the current CWA to be legitimate or credible based on the bullying and theft of money from workers which largely goes to political campaigns. And it makes me like T-Mobile all the more than the company protects the rights of voluntary association for its workers.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    If communications workers had a choice of whether or not to belong, the CWA membership would probably go down by two-thirds. I don't think the current CWA to be legitimate or credible based on the bullying and theft of money from workers which largely goes to political campaigns. And it makes me like T-Mobile all the more than the company protects the rights of voluntary association for its workers.
    I used to like unions way back but I'm not a fan nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

"Mystery," Lobbyists Oppose Combination of T-Mobile With Sprint

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...le-with-sprint

The mystery behind the dark money anti-merger lobbying group deepens....
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast