Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Several Democratic senators urge FCC and DoJ to reject T-Mobile-Sprint merger

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Several Democratic senators urge FCC and DoJ to reject T-Mobile-Sprint merger

Another reason I am a Republican who supports President Trump.

https://www.tmonews.com/2019/02/seve...sprint-merger/

Small except from article below:

“A group of U.S. Senators led by Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) today announced that they’ve signed letters to both the FCC and DoJ to explain their opposition to the proposed merger of T-Mobile and Sprint. The group includes Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Tom Udall (D-NM), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Cory Booker (D-NJ), and Edward J. Markey (D-MA).”
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Here you have the objection in a nutshell, "the merger is “...bad for workers”, citing a Communications Workers of America estimate..." The CWA doesn't like it, so the senators ask, "Where do I sign?"
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'll have to say that the deal is getting more opposition than I thought it would. I figured the security risk aspect would be the big sticking point and after that cleared i expected much smoother sailing. I still think it will pass though
    Last edited by themanhimself; 02-12-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    Democrats, especially those on this list will oppose any kind of mergers. Sad really, very short term minded. Sprint got maybe few years left in it and yet they ignore the inevitable.

Either way it'll still pass regardless of these senators.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post

https://www.tmonews.com/2019/02/seve...sprint-merger/

Small except from article below:

“A group of U.S. Senators led by Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) today announced that they’ve signed letters to both the FCC and DoJ to explain their opposition to the proposed merger of T-Mobile and Sprint. The group includes Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Tom Udall (D-NM), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Cory Booker (D-NJ), and Edward J. Markey (D-MA).”
    Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) is guilty of Stolen Valor to lie about his military service to get elected.

" At a ceremony honoring veterans and senior citizens who sent presents to soldiers overseas, Attorney General Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut rose and spoke of an earlier time in his life.

We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.

There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records " "

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    .....There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records
    And LBJ's sliver star was one of the most bogus military awards ever given. Everyone on the flight was awarded one but only LBJ wore his, the rest refused.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Free market capitalism works here not so much for promoting competition as it does to allow weak companies to fail.

Anything else is a subsidy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    And LBJ's sliver star was one of the most bogus military awards ever given. Everyone on the flight was awarded one but only LBJ wore his, the rest refused.
    Yup LBJ another lying rotten Democrat.
    https://www.upi.com/Archives/2001/07...5828994651200/

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post

When the Senate met with both T-Mobile and Sprint on the merger last year only one Republican and one Democratic Senator meet with them and ask questions till it turned into a comedy act. Only one Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) from that list showed up as the third Senator that ask just one question " How many jobs will T- Mobile create or cost Connecticut?" Then Richard Blumenthal left the meeting after he appeared he got the answer he wanted.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-13-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    The senators should be asking all these questions. Corporate mergers are generally bad for consumers and there are countless examples of this. In fact, this sub wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for President Obama’s Justice Dept putting the brakes on ATT/T-Mobile merger. Does anyone doubt that would’ve been a disaster for consumers?

Sprint is a terrible company and though I don’t like the idea of going from 4 to 3 choices, it may be the best option in this case as they likely will fold otherwise and ATT/Verizon will pick through the spectrum scraps. At least with the merger, T-Mobile gets the spectrum. But they also get the debt and Sprint staff.

I think there needs to be price guarantees for MVNO’s and maybe other concessions as well for it to be approved. But it’s likely already a done deal since T-Mo executives stayed at Comrade Trump’s hotel.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post

I think there needs to be price guarantees for MVNO’s and maybe other concessions as well for it to be approved. But it’s likely already a done deal since T-Mo executives stayed at Comrade Trump’s hotel.
    Today I watched John Legere meeting with Congress agree to not raise the price for three years as a legal condition for the merger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Today I watched John Legere meeting with Congress agree to not raise the price for three years as a legal condition for the merger.
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...nifies-critics

A group of companies and unions opposed to the merger, the 4Competition Coalition, called it a “bogus” pledge with no verifiable enforcement. “Committing to not raise ‘rate plans’ for three years is an empty promise that does not provide any real price protection for consumers,” the group wrote in a prepared statement.

“The company’s pledge is riddled with loopholes and ensures that any network improvements will allow them to justify higher monthly bills, effectively rendering the pledge meaningless,” the group added. “T-Mobile knows that its merger is in trouble. Their response—inviting agencies to regulate their behavior—seeks to impose precisely the kind of behavioral conditions that regulators have found ineffective and unenforceable in past merger reviews.”

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I see TMobile making a few poor moves lately when it comes to getting the deal done. 3 years of not raising prices still makes people question what will happen after the 3 years

They need to offer more assurance I would think.

The rural aspects need more assurance also. The rural call issue looked bad for tmobile but they can rectify that by not doing it again. The maps are overly optimistic but they can remedy that

Seems like the longer it drags out the more holes they can find

If I was TMobile I would offer 5 years no increase, updated maps, and a decent rural timeframe for some nice improvements

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Legere, Claure were scheduled to testify before the House Judiciary’s Subcommittee on Antitrust, Commercial and Administrative Law on Thursday, but that hearing has been postponed. https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/J...4-SD001-U2.pdf

Feedback Score
    This merger should be squashed. From 4 to 3 will be a disaster price wise for consumers. I don't care what the magenta huckster promised, he'll find a way to generate more $ per subscriber.

Japan will not let Softbank thus Sprint fail. It'll muddle, sputter, tilt, lose value but it won't BK.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast