Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score

2 years ago today, Verizon announced it was bringing UDP back

https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/12/1...announced-2017

Sent from my iPhone Xs using HoFo

B4+B30+B66+B14 (20 MHz + 10 MHz + 10 MHz + 10 MHz)
    Duluth, MN (Test is AT&T, eSIM causes glitch for Carrier)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    VZW only did it cause people were leaving for TMobile.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah 2017 was one of the most competitive years in wireless we had seen in a decade. For the first time in what seemed like forever Verizon's postpaid growth took a nose dive.

Despite the naysayers claiming that Verizon doesn't compete with anyone but AT&T they appeared to be on full defense mode after these 2017 Superbowl ads were run against them: (Warning these might be funny while simultaneously awesome)

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post

Not many. Twice as many customers still choose Verizon over T-Mobile, then as now. The gap has narrowed over time, but slightly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post

So a for profit business made a decision based on economic factors? Otherwise known as a business decision.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Not many. Twice as many customers still choose Verizon over T-Mobile, then as now. The gap has narrowed over time, but slightly.
    Actually halfway through Q1 2017 Verizon had already lost 400,000 customers and was on pace to lose 800,000. Bringing back unlimited stopped the bleeding and they added 100,000 in the 2nd half so they still lost 300,000 but like I said it was going to be 800,000

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They need to raise the 22GB threshold instead of having to pay more to get to 75GB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    They need to raise the 22GB threshold instead of having to pay more to get to 75GB.
    This is one of my beefs. Before T-Mobile jumped their threshold from 36 to 50 GB in fall of 2017 they had been raising 2-3 GB every quarter. Now if Verizon is supposedly the "superior" network then it should easily handle a similar situation. Yet oddly it has been 22 GB for 2 years now. It should be 42 GB now at that rate. If Verizon can't handle that then that says a lot. Also about time Go got some love. Also hotspot at 600 kbps? About time that gets increased. Also the 15 GB and 20 GB 4G limits on hotspot. Above only offering 5 extra GB was a joke anyway. An Above should be offering 1080p video. In fact Verizon needs to get rid of these definitions since they are arbitrary and meaningless. Just use speed.

So changes that could be made

GO - 10 GB depri level, 2 Mbps video, 2 Mbps hotpot( if 2 Mbps is fine for video it should ok for hotspot )

BEYOND - 40 GB depri level - 5 Mbps video, 25 GB 4G then 2 Mbps hotspot

ABOVE - 75 GB depri level - 10 Mbps video, 50 GB 4G then 2 Mbps hotspot

As I said if the network can't handle this, that is very telling and maybe time to jump ship. Starting tomorrow T-Mobile will pay off many phones for Verizon customers to switch and they can still use that phone if they want. No trade in necessary. Let's see if Verizon has anything special for the 2 year anniversary

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    This is one of my beefs. Before T-Mobile jumped their threshold from 36 to 50 GB in fall of 2017 they had been raising 2-3 GB every quarter. Now if Verizon is supposedly the "superior" network then it should easily handle a similar situation. Yet oddly it has been 22 GB for 2 years now. It should be 42 GB now at that rate. If Verizon can't handle that then that says a lot. Also about time Go got some love. Also hotspot at 600 kbps? About time that gets increased. Also the 15 GB and 20 GB 4G limits on hotspot. Above only offering 5 extra GB was a joke anyway. An Above should be offering 1080p video. In fact Verizon needs to get rid of these definitions since they are arbitrary and meaningless. Just use speed.

So changes that could be made

GO - 10 GB depri level, 2 Mbps video, 2 Mbps hotpot( if 2 Mbps is fine for video it should ok for hotspot )

BEYOND - 40 GB depri level - 5 Mbps video, 25 GB 4G then 2 Mbps hotspot

ABOVE - 75 GB depri level - 10 Mbps video, 50 GB 4G then 2 Mbps hotspot

As I said if the network can't handle this, that is very telling and maybe time to jump ship. Starting tomorrow T-Mobile will pay off many phones for Verizon customers to switch and they can still use that phone if they want. No trade in necessary. Let's see if Verizon has anything special for the 2 year anniversary
    Thing is - verizon's network *cannot* handle that... and they know it.

That's the whole reason Go/Above/Beyond came out. They can keep the ones who do not really care on "Go" and Above/Beyond for the "more advanced" crowd.

I have the OG UDP plan and my verizon phone is *always* the first to take a dump anytime i'm anywhere crowded. They simply do not have enough mid/low band capacity.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Feedback Score
    I think Verizon underestimated the hit it's network would take from UDP. I'm not surprised with Go/Above/Beyond. Simply because Verizon has the largest network and has known to be the most expensive but also the best in most rural and places where other carriers fall flat. How do you control crowding and raise ARPU? Price people out of the plan. Those that will have no other option will stay with VZW while others will look for cheaper options. Furthermore, set the QoS limitations and the network won't dive as hard.

Feedback Score

2 years ago today, Verizon announced it was bringing UDP back

I still say they need to strike a deal with dish for more mid band spectrum. According to rootmetrics new report they’re winning more awards. Is density saving them because since 2017 all they’ve deployed is AWS-3 and that’s not even nationwide

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They also started video throttling all customers at this time without telling them and with no way to remove this feature

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Thing is - verizon's network *cannot* handle that... and they know it.
    Then they shouldn't claim to have the best network. And charge like they do have it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmetz View Post
    Those that will have no other option will stay with VZW while others will look for cheaper options.
    the thing is those without other options are becoming fewer. I live in a rural area and even though T-Mobile has been hear for nearly 3 years its network wasn't anywhere near as good. Well guess what they have recently deployed BOTH 700 MHZ( band 12 ) and 600 MHz( band 71 ) here. Now they still might not have as much spectrum as Verizon here however they have far fewer customers and with 600 and 700 added they have the depth and penetration improvements. I can get 2 lines of T-Mobile One for $19 less than I'd pay for 2 lines of Go plus they'll pay $11 towards my Netflix plan so really a $30 savings. And I'm getting a 50 GB depri limit instead of 0 GB. Where my son lives seems to already have excellent T-Mobile coverage so Verizon needs to up the game before I decide to pull the trigger and move our lines. and I've been with Verizon since 2006.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    They also started video throttling all customers at this time without telling them and with no way to remove this feature
    Still only the popular apps. I still have yet to get throttled streaming 70+Mb/s UHD videos from home. And I'm on Verizon prepaid.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast