Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62

Thread: 2 years ago today, Verizon announced it was bringing UDP back

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    And I switched to Verizon from T-Mobile shortly thereafter.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,383
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Then they shouldn't claim to have the best network. And charge like they do have it.
    I mean geographically technically they do cover more and can claim as such.

    Now, the one i get mad at is AT&T saying they have the "best" network as I have data issues with them more than both Verizon AND T-Mobile but, i digress as that's for a different thread.

    Sprint, is generally excellent *where* you can get Band41 but that's WHERE you can get it as their current buildout is just swiss cheese.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    OKC/KC
    Posts
    2,105
    Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S8, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I still say they need to strike a deal with dish for more mid band spectrum. According to rootmetrics new report they’re winning more awards. Is density saving them because since 2017 all they’ve deployed is AWS-3 and that’s not even nationwide
    In many markets off of both east and west coasts, they’ve been adding B2 and B4, some B5 as well. Verizon is far from over adding spectrum to sites in this part of the country.
    -Bentley


    5-carrier aggregation with LAA (4+46+46+46+66) in Oklahoma City, OK on AT&T's commercial network

    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I mean geographically technically they do cover more and can claim as such.
    Most coverage doesn't mean best network. Using that standard McDonald's has the best burgers.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,020
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    In many markets off of both east and west coasts, they’ve been adding B2 and B4, some B5 as well. Verizon is far from over adding spectrum to sites in this part of the country.
    Hmm maybe their claims that they’re using only half their spectrum is true? Certainly not here and other markets , they are almost tapped out yet speeds continue to increase.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    OKC/KC
    Posts
    2,105
    Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S8, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Hmm maybe their claims that they’re using only half their spectrum is true? Certainly not here and other markets , they are almost tapped out yet speeds continue to increase.
    I can see how they say only 50% of spectrum is being utilized. It’s very, very common once you’re outside of cities to not have any PCS or AWS deployed. (Excluding East Coast, West Coast and Upper Midwest).

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,858
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Most coverage doesn't mean best network. Using that standard McDonald's has the best burgers.
    It does, actually. Because first you have to have a working signal before anything else. And once coverage is the same across the board for all competitors then you can compare other less important factors. Until then, the carriers with better coverage will strongly trounce the ones with worse coverage.
    Last edited by NotABiot; 02-15-2019 at 07:09 AM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would agree with you, but mostly I use data. So what good is having signal if the tower is busy? I would say where there is no signal, the data speed is zero. Then for all the places for all the time, perhaps emphasizing by time of the day and frequented places sum up the weighted average of data speed is the merit I would weigh a carrier.
    In other words, if data speed is zero it means no coverage. That is why MVNO-s selling low priority data will not equal higher priority MNO services. And that is why TMO gaining on Verizon.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,700
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by piquae View Post
    I would agree with you, but mostly I use data. So what good is having signal if the tower is busy? I would say where there is no signal, the data speed is zero. Then for all the places for all the time, perhaps emphasizing by time of the day and frequented places sum up the weighted average of data speed is the merit I would weigh a carrier.
    In other words, if data speed is zero it means no coverage. That is why MVNO-s selling low priority data will not equal higher priority MNO services. And that is why TMO gaining on Verizon.
    Until you have an emergency. Then you'll need a signal.

    Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Until you have an emergency. Then you'll need a signal.

    Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk
    If you lived in a place where there's no signal you wouldn't subscribe to that service anyway. Sprint has no service in my area. Guess how many customers they have here? ZERO.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,979
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you lived in a place where there's no signal you wouldn't subscribe to that service anyway. Sprint has no service in my area. Guess how many customers they have here? ZERO.
    I'm sure they can roam onto VZW and if available TMO.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,383
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    I'm sure they can roam onto VZW and if available TMO.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    But the point is, if a certain carrier did not cover your area properly.. then you most likely won't have them, so that's a moot point.

    And in reality, we got by for over a thousand years without cellular reception and did just fine.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,979
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    But the point is, if a certain carrier did not cover your area properly.. then you most likely won't have them, so that's a moot point.

    And in reality, we got by for over a thousand years without cellular reception and did just fine.
    Oh I know. I'm just for people who have them. TMobile has no limits which helps

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    824
    Feedback Score
    0
    @ROLLTIDE
    No way to remove it initially but today it can be removed by a $10/mo addon on any postpaid plan if they deem your device hd capable.
    I don't think it's available on prepaid.


    @Jack Hagar
    Users are getting screwed over in multiple ways here;
    Tiered prepaid/postpaid users can't opt out of the video throttling for free even though they are paying per GB.
    Prepaid now offers unlimited hotspot with deprioritization instead of being throttled to 600kbps while postpaid users are still stuck with 10-15GB then throttle.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    @Jack Hagar
    Users are getting screwed over in multiple ways here;
    Tiered prepaid/postpaid users can't opt out of the video throttling for free even though they are paying per GB.
    you can't opt out of it on Go Unlimited either. I'm not sure why you would want to opt put of it on tired anyway you'd use your limited data faster. At any way you want fast video then switch plans or carriers. I'm not being facetious. Very few are limited in choice of carriers that provide better options.

    Prepaid now offers unlimited hotspot with deprioritization instead of being throttled to 600kbps while postpaid users are still stuck with 10-15GB then throttle.
    A) they offer it on a jetpack not a phone line. You want unlimited prepaid phone and jetpack is going to be over well $100

    B) Also on Beyond it's 15 GB and on Above is 20 GB not 10/15 GB. I'm not saying either is great just presenting the correct facts. They can do that on prepaid because so few have prepaid. Also if you read thread on here and reddit they are having major issues with prepaid unlimited jetpacks timing out and not connecting.

    Thing will get better once CDMA is shut down and Verizon rolls out 5G more and they are also able to use CBRS and C-Band but this is going to take at least a couple of more years. So people will have to be patient or switch. Saying "I want I want." isn't going to make Verizon do anything before they are ready to. I bet if 500,000 disgruntled people left Verizon in a quarter in no time Verizon would enact changes. When people unbnderstand that money talks things might change faster. Complaining won't. Verizon still gets your money each month.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 12 years ago today OK city
    By ROLLTIDE in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 03:35 AM
  2. Twenty one years ago today...
    By LetsGoFlyers in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 11:05 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 11:51 AM
  4. First Cell Phone Call Made 30 Years Ago Today
    By frail in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:08 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 03:22 PM

Bookmarks