Thread: Tracfone BYOD IPHONE 6s data issues

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score

Tracfone BYOD IPHONE 6s data issues

I’ve been unable to access data on my Tracfone BYOD IPHONE 6s. I tried calling Tracfone and they weren’t able to solve the issue. They did mention it could be an AT&T network issue of some sort but they didn’t offer specifics. They wanted to check what I believe were APN settings but I wasn’t able to locate them. Can anyone offer assistance or has anyone experienced a similar situation? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    YIKES!!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeply View Post
    I’ve been unable to access data on my Tracfone BYOD IPHONE 6s. I tried calling Tracfone and they weren’t able to solve the issue. They did mention it could be an AT&T network issue of some sort but they didn’t offer specifics. They wanted to check what I believe were APN settings but I wasn’t able to locate them. Can anyone offer assistance or has anyone experienced a similar situation? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    My at&t phone I had to text apn to 611611 do what the texts say and bam got data

Sent from my Lg Phoenix 4 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leif Ormsbee View Post
    My at&t phone I had to text apn to 611611 do what the texts say and bam got data

Sent from my Lg Phoenix 4 using HoFo mobile app
    Thanks Leif. Does anyone know how to find where the APN setting can be modified on an IPhone 6s? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Thanks Leif. Does anyone know how to find where the APN setting can be modified on an IPhone 6s? Thanks
    Apple locks out the APN editor for most carriers. (I think your SIM could authorize APN editing.)

You could try downloading an APN profile say from here: http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

But, WARNING!!! I was once stuck with a profile that wasn't installed properly and couldn't be deleted either.

There are a couple of old threads about these issues.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Basically they can't, at least not by the user.

The carrier update is sent to the phone by the carrier/provider.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score
    Would it help if I tried a new SIM card or do I just need to get a new phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Basically they can't, at least not by the user.

The carrier update is sent to the phone by the carrier/provider.
    With the TracFone SIM installed and WiFi connected, go to Settings > General > About. If there are updates available install them. One of the updates should be the carrier update.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I doubt either is the real problem.

Somehow it's stuck w/o the correct configuration.

You may be able to view the settings:
    Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network

Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

But that may be blocked.
    iOS isn't my thing.

Feedback Score
    Did you purchase data for your phone ??
    And do you know how much you have ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    With the TracFone SIM installed and WiFi connected, go to Settings > General > About. If there are updates available install them. One of the updates should be the carrier update.
    ^^^ OP, did you try this this? I have a iPhone SE, which is basically a smaller version of your 6s & I have no problem with data.
    Do the update as suggested & if the problem persists, it may in fact be a issue with AT&T. I use Verizon.

Feedback Score
    I just looked at the Apple forum on this site & saw this thread below about a recent update. Post #3 caught my attention as it mentions others having the same issue as you with cellular data. Sounds like it was related to previous a update.
    Maybe you can find a solution by doing some digging on that forum or asking the ? there. Just a suggestion.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...2-1-4-released
    Last edited by DennyT; 02-14-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate all the input. I did update the IOS software with no success. Is it possible to reactivate the phone with a new sim and keep my same phone number. I'm really stumped. It used to be able to access data; that's the real kicker! Again, thanks for the input.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Moto E5, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible to reactivate the phone with a new sim and keep my same phone number.
    Since your iPhone is using a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM, you can activate a new TF/AT&T BYOP SIM with a transfer of phone number, days, and buckets from the current SIM. Use Chat and ask a rep to do it, ask the rep to provide your balances before and after the transfer, so you'll have that info in the Chat transcript for record in case something goes wrong and your balances disappear. Copy the chat transcript from the screen, paste it into a text file on your computer, and save it.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I will give it a try. First thing first; I have to get a new sim and go from there.