Thread: Dispute a charge

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score

Dispute a charge

Is it worth disputing a charge on my bill?!? For some odd reason I got charged a roaming fee even though I know for a fact my roaming feature is set to off on my iPhone. I looked at the history of when the charge happened, and it’s precisely when I received the welcome txt when I arrived in Mexico. This shouldn’t of resulted in a charge, my phone was on the entire time while down there connected to the local network and never got charged any other day, I also received txt from other people on different days and it didn’t charge anything then.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by merve04 View Post
    Is it worth disputing a charge on my bill?!? For some odd reason I got charged a roaming fee even though I know for a fact my roaming feature is set to off on my iPhone. I looked at the history of when the charge happened, and it’s precisely when I received the welcome txt when I arrived in Mexico. This shouldn’t of resulted in a charge, my phone was on the entire time while down there connected to the local network and never got charged any other day, I also received txt from other people on different days and it didn’t charge anything then.
    Keep in mind I’m on a out of province plan

Feedback Score
    You can try to dispute it, but for $10 or so I wouldn’t risk it. With koodo, thats pretty normal getting the roaming triggered and that has happened to me a few times in the past, but I was able to call and reverse the charge. Back then they weren’t too strict about the out of province plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by merve04 View Post
    Do call in i got charge for that twice and every time i call i got my money back ...

Feedback Score
    Personally, I would dispute it. The Koodo out of province plans are no longer the cheapest offerings. So, they should be happy to keep these loyal customers. In future, the best way to ensure roaming chargers are not incurred is to go into the account and disable permissions to buy easy roam, unblock SFD.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know it’s jusr $12, but my other line didn’t get charged, and I’ve been out of country before a few times and would never get charged. It’s just the principle I guess.