Thread: T-Mobile TV Home To Launch in The First Half of 2019

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile TV Home To Launch in The First Half of 2019

Now during T-Mobile’s earnings call COO Mike Sievert said T-Mobile TV plans to launch their home version in the first half of 2019. This will be the home version that sounds like just a rebranded version of Layer3TV. In support of this idea,*Mike Sievert went on to say that T-Mobile plans to launch a*“redefined and rebranded product to many, many more places across the country in the first half of this year.”

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/t-mo...-half-of-2019/

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    "We don't have plans to develop an nth undifferentiated skinny bundle out there, there are plenty of those. But we think there's a more nuanced role for us to play in helping you get access to the great media brands out there that you love." He further described the service as composed of "smaller pieces [costing] five, six, seven, eight dollars at a time."

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    So it's going to be like Amazon Prime Video.... where T-Mobile will be the reseller and you can add extras like HBO, Showtime or CBS All Access but get everything on your T-Mobile bill. Couple that with free: "Netflix on Us," plus all your local network channels and it might not be too bad?

Of course I'll reserve judgement until we get final pricing and availability.

Right now I pay seperately for Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and my regular TV through Frontier. I'd love to consolidate some of these and get a better price.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    I was looking at cord cutting as we really only watch a fraction of what we get so was figuring out what streaming packages we could use to fill in what we watch. On the BBC America site it already lists T-Mobile as one you can use (I guess from the pilot areas). Funny to see TM listed next to Comcast and Charter etc...

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    i hope they do better than the $90 they have now... is ridiculous

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamssx View Post
    I was looking at cord cutting as we really only watch a fraction of what we get so was figuring out what streaming packages we could use to fill in what we watch. On the BBC America site it already lists T-Mobile as one you can use (I guess from the pilot areas). Funny to see TM listed next to Comcast and Charter etc...
    They just switched the Layer3 TV auth gateway/logo for the TV Everywhere platform. Exact same login backend, and the same TVE stuff I've had for 2 years with Layer3 TV.

Feedback Score
    Seems to be a little more info here https://www.lightreading.com/video/v.../d/d-id/749339

Sievert stressed that T-Mobile's home TV service will be "highly tied" to a wireless-powered home broadband product that is still in development.

He also said that those two elements can operate independently of each other, "but they really operate well in concert in our future plans."

Sievert also dropped word that T-Mobile plans to start piloting a home broadband service, initially using 4G/LTE and later 5G, in the first half of 2019.