Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Will ATT match Verizon $45 15GB Plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    according to the website with my three lines for $100 promo if I decide or I don't pay my bill on time or I decide I don't want it and drop a line it will go back to the data with $20 off.unlimited with autopay discount.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    so I would be paying $80 for two lines $20 autopay.discount for each line but there's no reason me to turn back..... it's like very crazy that I can get three lines unlimited for $100 plus tax.

Feedback Score
    according to the website with my three lines for $100 promo if I decide or I don't pay my bill on time or I decide I don't want it and drop a line it will go back to the data with $20 off.unlimited with autopay discount.

Good luck with that. I lost my $20 promo by adding a line to my multiline. Didn't touch or change my line, just added another line. Been fighting with at&t for weeks trying to get it back. They admit I should have the discount but they can't fix it.

Feedback Score
    No problem. On Feb. 26th I called att prepaid. Told the lady I wanted to switch from the $20.00 off autopay promotion to the walmart 3 for $100.00 promotion. I added the 3rd line on aug 26th paid a partial payment for the days im using the third line... Till the next due date on march 3rd. My sim swap was on aug. 28th. My bill states I owe $111.00 which includes taxes

Sorry, I'm confused on the months you mentioned. Did you add the 3rd line last august?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    That $45 plan on Verizon is tempting. Tempting enough that I added $75 to my account to keep me from thinking about straying until at least late May

However, I only used 4.1GB last month. So for right now the $40 (after autopay) is slightly cheaper than this Verizon plan.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c47v3770 View Post
    Sorry, I'm confused on the months you mentioned. Did you add the 3rd line last august?
    About a week ago

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    That $45 plan on Verizon is tempting. Tempting enough that I added $75 to my account to keep me from thinking about straying until at least late May

However, I only used 4.1GB last month. So for right now the $40 (after autopay) is slightly cheaper than this Verizon plan.
    I think the Extra 8GB bonus with Verizon only lasts until Aprill. So you should be all set.

Feedback Score
    About a week ago

kdimm222, thanks for letting us pick your brain about the Walmart deal. I was able to sign up this week with some issues in the process. But, finally my ported lines are no longer in limbo and are now on att. I was so tired of being on Tmo's slow and inferior network. Now, I'm just hoping the promo price is applied to my second month of service. My account portal is showing $115 dollars due for next month so i hope that it corrects soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Spd Menace View Post
    kdimm222, thanks for letting us pick your brain about the Walmart deal. I was able to sign up this week with some issues in the process. But, finally my ported lines are no longer in limbo and are now on att. I was so tired of being on Tmo's slow and inferior network. Now, I'm just hoping the promo price is applied to my second month of service. My account portal is showing $115 dollars due for next month so i hope that it corrects soon.
    I am planning to do this next week and here is what I have to do from my understanding:
    1) Buy the cheapest phone from Walmart (I don't have to tell them anything about the plan, just pay and leave).
    2) Call AT&T and ask to be switched to the Walmart 3 for $100 plan. (Give them the IMEI number of the phone you purchased from Walmart?)

How long you are planning to use that Walmart phone?

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theremix View Post
    I am planning to do this next week and here is what I have to do from my understanding:
    1) Buy the cheapest phone from Walmart (I don't have to tell them anything about the plan, just pay and leave).
    2) Call AT&T and ask to be switched to the Walmart 3 for $100 plan. (Give them the IMEI number of the phone you purchased from Walmart?)

Thank you.
    1. I’m not sure if the cell phone reps at Walmart are able to help you with setting up the promo lines in store. I did everything on over the phone. I hit a snag along the way because when phones are sold through Walmart, they have to be scanned to let att know that they have been sold. That did not happen with my online order so I had to sent proof of purchase via email to att. That delay kept my two other lines in limbo because according to the rep, they all needed to be activated at the same time. Walmart price matches so I ended up getting the LG Phenoix 4 for $40, it’s now $35 at Best Buy https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&keys=keys

2. The line with the Walmart is my sons futture line that he doesn’t need till his sprint free year of service is up in April so the Walmart phone will be on that line for a month and a half just to be on the safe side till the promo price gets applied. The phone reps don’t know much about the 3/$100 deal so they’ll have to look into it when you mention it. Even the supervisors don’t know anything about the promo.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post

Not to pour salt, but many buy heavily discounted cards on EBay for around $25 for $40 face value and stack them. With autopay it’s $45 so actual is about $27/month
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    Not to pour salt, but many buy heavily discounted cards on EBay for around $25 for $40 fy ce value and stack them. With autopay it’s $45 so actual is about $27/month
    I'm aware of that. But switching my primary number to Verizon would also necessitate changing my backup phone to ATT (So I have a phone on the top 2 carriers if needed for emergency use when traveling).

I also have a phone that I can't unlock until late July.

Looking at my iPad usage, I'm tempted to find a savings on that plan soon that may save $20/month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theremix View Post

Thank you.
    I have a look at this thread in a long time but if you get this just to let you know I switch to an iPhone 6s Plus about 10 days after bought the Walmart phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a look at this thread in a long time but if you get this just to let you know I switch to an iPhone 6s Plus about 10 days after bought the Walmart phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kdimm222, did you get your "3 lines for $100/mo." credit this month? It was going flawlessly till this months due date. The past months i've gotten the credit days before my bill dude date.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3