Thread: What Are The Best Smartphones For Traveling?

Feedback Score

What Are The Best Smartphones For Traveling?

I was giving some thought recently on what the best smartphones are for travelers, either domestic, within the United State or international. It would seem like a smartphone with dual SIM capability would be a great way to go. Having the ability to use BOTH Verizon AND AT&T would give the best of both worlds.

I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S9, which is not capable of dual SIM. My workaround is to use Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MVNO, and carry a Netgear Unite Explore AC815S on AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I was giving some thought recently on what the best smartphones are for travelers, either domestic, within the United State or international. It would seem like a smartphone with dual SIM capability would be a great way to go. Having the ability to use BOTH Verizon AND AT&T would give the best of both worlds.

I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S9, which is not capable of dual SIM. My workaround is to use Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MVNO, and carry a Netgear Unite Explore AC815S on AT&T.
    The new iPhones that are dual sim comparable would be good. Although when I travel I like to take lower budget phone (my unlocked SE) and a camera. This way if I lose my phone it’s not a big loss. I had a friend have his X stolen while abroad...$1000 phone gone. It’s not worth it to me to have my most expensive phone with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think you'll definitely want one with eSIM capabilities. I was travelling in Europe last Summer/Fall and used the TruPhone and Gigsky app. Was able to activate everything through the app and they had roaming agreements in the countries I was going. I think the majority of carriers will build eSIM for the iPhone first which is a shame. I know eSIM is already possible on a few android devices (can't remember which ones) but I'm not sure if carriers are building the apps for Android right now.