Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Good2go Mobile

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,099
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    Nope. Samsung Galaxy S6 Active (AT&T version).
    Hmmm...MMS should work. Hopefully MMS can be fixed by getting the APN set correctly.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    6
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Good2Go Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Hmmm...MMS should work. Hopefully MMS can be fixed by getting the APN set correctly.

    I have gone through the APN settings a dozen times. There are actually a couple of different APN settings guides out there and I have tried them all multiple times going through the line by line copying them exactly. MMS just will not work. I am not the only one. I have found other people with this same problem across the web.
    Are absolutely sure there are no Absolutes?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,605
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    I have gone through the APN settings a dozen times. There are actually a couple of different APN settings guides out there and I have tried them all multiple times going through the line by line copying them exactly. MMS just will not work. I am not the only one. I have found other people with this same problem across the web.
    you've tried these settings correct ?? - https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/go...-apn-settings/

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    6
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Good2Go Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    you've tried these settings correct ??
    Yes, about six times

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    6
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Good2Go Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So I went back and checked the APN setting. I will be a monkey's uncle, if there was not a period where there was supposed to be a comma in the APN Type. I corrected that and, now MMS works. My eyesight is not what it used to be and I can barely tell the difference between a , and a . in the settings menu because it will not allow me to enlarge.

    Thanks for the help.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,099
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    So I went back and checked the APN setting. I will be a monkey's uncle, if there was not a period where there was supposed to be a comma in the APN Type. I corrected that and, now MMS works. My eyesight is not what it used to be and I can barely tell the difference between a , and a . in the settings menu because it will not allow me to enlarge.

    Thanks for the help.
    Good! I figured "MMS can be fixed by getting the APN set correctly"!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,365
    Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My brother needed a personal phone that would work at his new job location (inside a building) that only works with AT&T. So he researched and discovered good2GO Mobile, bought an unlocked feature phone (ZTE Z433, built for Cricket) and it worked for text and talk, but he wanted email also. So, he bought me one, so I could figure out how to set up data (these are 3G). I finally found an APN that would work and figured out how to set up his GMail account and he's happy. (He still has his Q10 on Twigby, at least for now.) I don't know what I'm going to do with the account at the end of the month. AT&T coverage is good here, but Twigby on Sprint with Verizon roaming has worked well for me and the price is comparable (and I definitely don't need two phones). (MMS does work. Pictures take forever on the ZTE, however.)

    At any rate, good2GO Mobile seems pretty solid (my brother got hold of support and got a quick response). My rate for the Unlimited Text and Talk and 1GB data (with autopay) was $15.90 in Idaho (so they did charge tax). My brother also bought a phone for our Dad (for emergencies, he doesn't like cell phones) and the Arkansas tax for the $10 (no data, unlimited) plan was $10.83. If anyone needs the 3G APN information that worked for my brother and me, this is what I used (the first one).

    https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/go...-apn-settings/
    Blackberry Q10 on Twigby * ZTE Altair on good2GO

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    361
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does anyone know if group text/MMS is supported on iPhones now on good2go? Their website says this is a known issue & they are working with Apple but I also noticed good2go is also selling iPhones now on their website. My understanding is that AT&T MVNOs that sell iPhones are supposed to support MMS as well. Any iPhone users out there on good2go that could report back on this issue?


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,099
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by haasfamily View Post
    Does anyone know if group text/MMS is supported on iPhones now on good2go? Their website says this is a known issue & they are working with Apple but I also noticed good2go is also selling iPhones now on their website. My understanding is that AT&T MVNOs that sell iPhones are supposed to support MMS as well. Any iPhone users out there on good2go that could report back on this issue?
    I don't know if this list is 100% accurate, or if there are exceptions, but see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039.

    Good2Go Mobile isn't listed.

    But then again, neither is Pure TalkUSA, and they supposedly fully support iPhones, so I don't know.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    361
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Good2go Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't know if this list is 100% accurate, or if there are exceptions, but see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039.

    Good2Go Mobile isn't listed.

    But then again, neither is Pure TalkUSA, and they supposedly fully support iPhones, so I don't know.
    I’ve never found that Apple listing very useful for AT&T MVNO support because so few are listed. Almost all MVNOs on Verizon, Sprint, & T-Mobile support iPhones including MMS even though they’re not on Apple’s list. Very few of the AT&T MVNOs support iPhones & it’s virtually impossible to find out which ones do support MMS & which ones don’t. I would like to see someone compile a comprehensive listing of AT&T MVNOs & which features they officially support. The closest you can find is on bestMVNO.com

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,848
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by haasfamily View Post
    Does anyone know if group text/MMS is supported on iPhones now on good2go? Their website says this is a known issue & they are working with Apple but I also noticed good2go is also selling iPhones now on their website. My understanding is that AT&T MVNOs that sell iPhones are supposed to support MMS as well. Any iPhone users out there on good2go that could report back on this issue?


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    AFAIK, the only AT&T MVNOs that currently support MMS on iOS are: PureTalk, Consumer Cellular, TracFone, Net10 and Straight Talk. Also AT&T's two prepaid brands, AT&T Prepaid and Cricket.

    H2O, which was recently bought by PureTalk's parent Telrite, is rumored to be in the process of implementing MMS on iOS.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 06-14-2019 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Spelling and punctuation fixes
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Successful port AWAY from Good2Go Mobile?
    By curleehair in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 08:44 PM
  2. Good2go mobile settings
    By neftv in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Is Good2Go mobile the current evolution/successor to Speakout?
    By fonezfonz in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 02:45 AM
  4. Good2Go Mobile: Sprint mvno with unlimited $45 everything plan
    By fonezfonz in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 02:26 PM
  5. Good2Go Mobile Questions $45.00 Unlimited
    By Cellquestions in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks