Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good2go Mobile

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Good2go Mobile

Hi everyone! Does anyone have Good2go Mobile and/or has anyone heard of it? Is it good? Thank you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Good2go Mobile

Looks like it uses the AT&T network. Plan pricing isn’t bad, especially the 1 and 2 GB plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Don't see any port in option on their site or mentioned in previous threads. Shopping for a basic plan to better suit my elderly dad. Even though they seem to have been around a while there doesn't seem to be a lot of general information so I'm a little bit leery.

Earlier thread:
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...hlight=good2go
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks! Yeah, it would be great to hear what people who have it, think of it.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Truphone, Toggle, Netzclub DE, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Don't see any port in option on their site or mentioned in previous threads. Shopping for a basic plan to better suit my elderly dad. Even though they seem to have been around a while there doesn't seem to be a lot of general information so I'm a little bit leery.

Earlier thread:
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...hlight=good2go
    They have a whole section on porting in their FAQ: https://us.good2gomobile.com/support/faqs

$15/month for unlimited talk/text + 1GB data (with autopay) is arguably as good as the RedPocket 360 day SIM sold on eBay that gets you 1000 minutes, unlimited text and 1GB data for $14.08/month, but without having to prepay for the whole year, which is a huge plus -- especially for people only needing short-term service in the US.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Inclusive pricing or taxes & fees?
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Inclusive pricing or taxes & fees?
    Looks like taxes & fees are NOT included according to Prepaid News.

"The plans do not include mobile hotspot, taxes and fees"

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The uncertainty of taxes & fees in this industry, cable & others sucks.

$10 w/auto pay for UTnT on at&t inclusive would be top of the pops.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My impression is that, in general, autopay or any payment by cc will incur taxes and fees but payments via refill cards won't. If I'm correct, then that would favor brands that offer easy refill/ePin purchases. That being said, I'm leaning towards Red Pocket's basic annual plan. RP seems very popular.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Good2Go Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have been using it for a month now. I have a service plan with AT&T that I have had for a long time, but they keep jacking my price up, and it is time to leave the. I spent a ton of time researching for my needs and Good2go Mobile looked like the best deal for me. But like you, I could not find any information about them. So I decided to go ahead and get a plan with them and use it in my back up phone and test their system out for a couple of months BEFORE I drop AT&T. So for the last month, I have been carrying two identical phones around (one on AT&T and one on Good2Go), using them side by side. As far as I can tell signal and reception quality have been identified everywhere I have been.

I signed up for the $20 a month plan (with autopay) with Unlimited Text and Calling and 3GB of data, for $20. I too wondered how much taxes and other "Fees" was going to be tacked on. Well, I just my first month's payment drafted from my card. $20! Not a penny more. So I guess the $20 covers everything.

I am going to test it out for one more month and then it will be "GOODBYE AT&T!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    I have been using it for a month now. I have a service plan with AT&T that I have had for a long time, but they keep jacking my price up, and it is time to leave the. I spent a ton of time researching for my needs and Good2go Mobile looked like the best deal for me. But like you, I could not find any information about them. So I decided to go ahead and get a plan with them and use it in my back up phone and test their system out for a couple of months BEFORE I drop AT&T. So for the last month, I have been carrying two identical phones around (one on AT&T and one on Good2Go), using them side by side. As far as I can tell signal and reception quality have been identified everywhere I have been.

I signed up for the $20 a month plan (with autopay) with Unlimited Text and Calling and 3GB of data, for $20. I too wondered how much taxes and other "Fees" was going to be tacked on. Well, I just my first month's payment drafted from my card. $20! Not a penny more. So I guess the $20 covers everything.

I am going to test it out for one more month and then it will be "GOODBYE AT&T!
    Thanks for the report. $20/mo for 3GB sounds great.

Unfortunately, for iPhone users, carrier MMS to non-iPhones isn't supported, just like for several other value-priced AT&T MVNOs.

But for Android users, they offer some attractive plans.

Also, data is unlimited, but at 128Kbps after the LTE allowance is used up. But add-on data doesn't seem like a very good deal.

https://www.good2gomobile.com/plans
    1GB 4G LTE $15/mo
    3GB 4G LTE $20/mo
    5GB 4G LTE $30/mo
    10GB 4G LTE $40/mo
    Unlimited talk & text $10/mo

https://www.good2gomobile.com/support/faqs
    I use an iPhone. I sent a group text and/or a MMS (picture message) to someone with an and they didn’t get it. What’s wrong?
    This is a known issue. Rest assured we are working closely with AT&T to resolve. In the interim, pictures are easily sent on Good2Go Mobile by attaching the image to email.

I ran out of high-speed data that was included in my plan? Can I get more?
    Good news – yes! If you exceed the allotted high-speed data included in your plan, you can purchase additional high-speed data for $10/per GB at any time during your 30-day account cycle.* If you don’t purchase additional high speed data, your speeds can be reduced (max of 128Kbps) for the remainder of the billing cycle. While you always have data with Good2Go, high bandwidth data applications such as streaming video or audio may be affected.
    *Additional high-speed data is valid for the remainder of the current billing cycle and does not roll over.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Good2Go Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't watch video over data, so I am not concerned about them throttling after 3GB. I seldom use more than 3GB a month anyway.

I forgot to mention that I do have a problem sending MMS messages. I have had no problem sending SMS messages though. I have tried every guide to setting up the APN for Good2Go to no avail. But I use Whatsapp, so if I really need to send a picture or video, I just use that.

My current AT&T bill is $220 for a family plan with four phones and 15GB of data. If I switch the family to Good2Go, that will reduce my bill to $80 a month. I can deal with a few minor issues like MMS for a $140 a month in savings.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    I don't watch video over data, so I am not concerned about them throttling after 3GB. I seldom use more than 3GB a month anyway.

I forgot to mention that I do have a problem sending MMS messages. I have had no problem sending SMS messages though. I have tried every guide to setting up the APN for Good2Go to no avail. But I use Whatsapp, so if I really need to send a picture or video, I just use that.

My current AT&T bill is $220 for a family plan with four phones and 15GB of data. If I switch the family to Good2Go, that will reduce my bill to $80 a month. I can deal with a few minor issues like MMS for a $140 a month in savings.
    Are you using an iPhone?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Good2Go Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Are you using an iPhone?

Nope. Samsung Galaxy S6 Active (AT&T version).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast