Thread: Carrier Subsidy Unlocking Of The Netgear Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router MR1100

Feedback Score

Carrier Subsidy Unlocking Of The Netgear Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router MR1100

I just bought a used Netgear Nighthawk MR1100. I have to code to unlock it, but I am just looking for some clarification here on how to do the actual carrier subsidy unlock.

I gather that I need a SIM card, from a non-ATT carrier. Does it have to be a SIM card that is currently active? Or, can it simply be an old T-Mobile SIM card that doesn't have service on it? Does it have to be SIM card from a non-ATT hot spot or could it have been from any non-ATT device?

Feedback Score
    I bought one that was supposedly unlocked but i could not use it overseas. It did not ask for unlock code.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I just bought a used Netgear Nighthawk MR1100. I have to code to unlock it, but I am just looking for some clarification here on how to do the actual carrier subsidy unlock. I gather that I need a SIM card, from a non-ATT carrier. Does it have to be a SIM card that is currently active? Or, can it simply be an old T-Mobile SIM card that doesn't have service on it? Does it have to be SIM card from a non-ATT hot spot or could it have been from any non-ATT device?
    sim card shouldn't need to be activated. if the hotspot is unlocked it should say T- mobile when you stick it in the hotspot device.

Feedback Score

Carrier Subsidy Unlocking Of The Netgear Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router MR1100

Thanks you for the replies. I was shopping recently and saw that either Target or Best Buy, maybe both, has a SIM card kit for Simple Mobile for $1.00. My understanding is the Simple Mobile is just a T-Mobile MVNO. So, maybe the next time I see one of those, I will buy it, insert it in my MR1100 and get it carrier subsidy unlocked.