Thread: H2O to be Sold

Feedback Score

H2O to be Sold

I believe H2O is owned by Locus which is owned by KDDI (Japanese corporation). Telrite Holdings wants to buy H2O. Telrite owns PureTalk. Sale is pending approval right now.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...unications-H2O

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    I'm wondering what the "enhanced offerings" will mean for everyone. I'm also curious if they try to change networks and/or data speed restrictions as well.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Lots of competition with the ATT MVNOs. Hopefully H2O can get MMS now on iPhone soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    For my usage, I hope they keep my low cost PPU plan.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Trying to simplify to 2 prepaid lines, one on the Verizon network and a limited minute plan on ATT to improve coverage area. 12 month plans to help me fight the urge to switch. The good old days of contracts where you had to pay a hefty ETF to leave

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    I use Mint/TMo in slot 1 of a Blackview dual SIM phone and H2O/AT&T in slot 2. Hope they keep the 90 day nickel a minute $10 plan and don't force people onto monthly plans...

Sent from my BV8000Pro using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    I use Mint/TMo in slot 1 of a Blackview dual SIM phone and H2O/AT&T in slot 2. Hope they keep the 90 day nickel a minute $10 plan and don't force people onto monthly plans...

The Redpocket $60 annual plan, often available on eBay, would probably be my backup option if H2O dropped the plan. Not much more.

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Lots of competition with the ATT MVNOs.
    What are you seeing that I'm not seeing? I've been looking to get away from H2O, and aside from annual plans such as Red Pocket, I can't find anyone to even match $27/3GB, much less beat it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    What are you seeing that I'm not seeing? I've been looking to get away from H2O, and aside from annual plans such as Red Pocket, I can't find anyone to even match $27/3GB, much less beat it.
    Discounted pins can get the Cricket 5gb plan pretty close and sometimes lower then H2o. I just picked up a bunch of Cricket refill cards for 25% off at a local store (Meijer) which brings the 5gb plan down to $26.25 per month. I keep a H2o number going by refilling with $10.00 every three months so I hope nothing happens to my $60.00 rollover balance I have going.

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Fair enough. I forgot to specify that I'm a lazy guy who isn't willing to break a sweat to save a few bucks. What I was/am looking for is a hands-off AT&T MVNO that will consistently give me 3GB/month at something at or close to H2O's $27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Discounted pins can get the Cricket 5gb plan pretty close and sometimes lower then H2o. I just picked up a bunch of Cricket refill cards for 25% off at a local store (Meijer) which brings the 5gb plan down to $26.25 per month. I keep a H2o number going by refilling with $10.00 every three months so I hope nothing happens to my $60.00 rollover balance I have going.
    Never heard of Meijer and they probably don't have on in the state that I live in.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Red Pocket now provides 5GB data on the 30-day (GSMA) $30 plan (do not need to prepay annually).

Feedback Score
    I'm not familiar with Red Pocket. Do they use AT&T? Anyone have comments on Mint Mobile or Red Pocket (i.e.pluses and negatives). I want to see what happens with H2O but I want a "Plan B" just in case.
    Last edited by wrj54; 02-02-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrj54 View Post
    I'm not familiar with Red Pocket. Do they use AT&T? Anyone have comments on Mint Sim or Red Pocket (i.e.pluses and negatives). I want to see what happens with H2O but I want a "Plan B" just in case.
    Mint Mobile is a TMo reseller through their parent Ultra Mobile. Have them in a dual SIM phone with H2O as backup AT&T sim. Mint is prepaid with multimonth purchases of airtime...normally 3, 6 or 12 months. Price depends on length of package, amount of monthly data (generous and just increased), and any promo codes (newest will be related to a Superbowl ad tommorow: chunkymilk ). All plans have unlimited talk and text and some extra features including cheap international calls and foreign roaming (worked for me in Canada but not in Bermuda). Best way to try cheap is a five dollar promo kit they will express mail for free: 7 day no obligation trial..5 dollars credited to a plan if you then sign up. That way you can see if coverage and features are OK for you. Their website has cartoon videos and forums that explain how to set up phone settings, etc. Have had them for six months and give them a thumbs up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrj54 View Post
    I'm not familiar with Red Pocket. Do they use AT&T? Anyone have comments on Mint Mobile or Red Pocket (i.e.pluses and negatives). I want to see what happens with H2O but I want a "Plan B" just in case.
    I've had Redpocket twice. First was on the Verizon network for a backup phone, and it worked fine. Unfortunately, for me, I wanted VoLTE so switched (not knowing that they had just started offering it).

Currently, I have a cheap T-Mobile plan on there. So I could check coverage. The $60/360 day plan. Only 100 minutes.