Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Phone Did You Bring to Fi?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score

What Phone Did You Bring to Fi?

For those of you who use Fi but don't use a phone from Fi, what phone do you use and how do you enjoy it compare to using a phone from Fi.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    For those of you who use Fi but don't use a phone from Fi, what phone do you use and how do you enjoy it compare to using a phone from Fi.
    Don't they support the LG v40?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Don't they support the LG v40?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Most Android phones made within the last 3 years will work on Fi. If they don't have a CDMA radio, you'd only get T-Mobile's coverage. The bigger question would be what LTE bands the phone has that it can take advantage of. But with more phones including all the bands instead of making separate models for different areas, more phones will work just fine on Fi.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    My wife has a Nexus 5x that we got a couple of years ago. I brought an iPhone 6s and started a plan when they officially started supporting ios last year. The only problem I've had is not being able to use wifi for texting. I knew that going in but it turns out there's a spot where we don't get Tmobile in our house that's where we watch football games. So I can't either crow or cry texting while my team wins or loses. That's a minor frustration for the benefits we're getting when we travel overseas.

And it turns out I'm going to save a tiny bit of money over my old $30 Boom plan. The vast majority of my data use was for listening to podcasts and using Waze when I travel. That worked with Boom because that landed under the 2GB of data included. But those 2 GB would cost $20 on Fi. I now play downloaded podcasts and use my car GPS for most of my driving and turn on Waze when I get to metro areas. In the last 10 days I've used .16 GB of data on Fi. So my monthly cost will be somewhere in the $28 range after taxes if I stay consistent with that use.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    In the past, I've thought about leaving Fi for a cheaper data plan. (And would really appreciate a cheaper data plan since it seems to be more and more a T-Mobile MVNO now.) But with the amount of data I use, it doesn't make sense to pay a lot more per month just to try and save a little bit on a phone. I'm hoping my trip goes well and it gives me another reason to stick with Fi for the long haul.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    2 crowds of users I think ,
    Those that will use FI , those that will use it mostly in the USA and an overseas trip once a year
    And those that mostly want it for the overseas use,

I am in the international group as I see there are so many cheap options with 4-5 gb of data for USA use ,
    I am waiting for Google Fi to have a Promo of a cheap phone etc like there was around Black Friday
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    2 crowds of users I think ,
    Those that will use FI , those that will use it mostly in the USA and an overseas trip once a year
    And those that mostly want it for the overseas use,

I am in the international group as I see there are so many cheap options with 4-5 gb of data for USA use ,
    I am waiting for Google Fi to have a Promo of a cheap phone etc like there was around Black Friday
    I

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    There was talk that the Nexus project could come back to be the budget little brother to the Pixel phones. But with support for other unlocked phones being offered now, they may not sell a bunch of cheaper phones. I'd rather see a lower price on data, as well as some kind of loyalty discount on phones for those of us who have used Fi for a while.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone brought a Moto Z3 to FI yet? It has all the bands for us cellular and Sprint. Just wondering if it runs on T Mobile only or runs on all the networks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Just wondering, my wife's Z3 gets way better reception than my pixel 2 with both of us using US Cellular 95%of the time

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    That's interesting. The Pixel 2 should have more radios than the Z3. I have the Moto X4 from Fi and it seems that I only get service on T-Mobile, even though Sprint works excellent in my area. With Verizon phasing out 3G on CDMA, the coverage on US Cellular may get a lot smaller. From what I've seen, it seems like a lot of people on Fi are also showing T-Mobile coverage and not Sprint.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    ....From what I've seen, it seems like a lot of people on Fi are also showing T-Mobile coverage and not Sprint.
    When we had Fi, the phone seemed to prefer the T-Mobile signal and only flip to Sprint when it lost T-Mobile.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    When we had Fi, the phone seemed to prefer the T-Mobile signal and only flip to Sprint when it lost T-Mobile.
    When I first got Fi, it would mainly chose Sprint because there were too many dead zones on T-Mobile where I live. Now it feels like Fi is a T-Mobile MVNO more than anything, but with some perks for signing up through Google instead of T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    I'm using a Pixel 2.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia XZ2, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So can one use a phone that isn’t on their compatible list? I have a Sony XZ2 which doesn’t have CDMA. It also doesn’t have bands LTE 66 or 71. Do they actively “shun” phones that they don’t support?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast