Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile beats out Verizon as top ‘quality’ brand

https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/17/t-mob...-satisfaction/

T-Mobile has beat out Verizon in the survey’s “quality brand” ranking.

The latest carrier survey comes from YouGov as it looked at how satisfied customers were with their provider for 2018 as well ranking each brand’s quality. T-Mobile came out on top with the highest customer satisfaction score and it also dethroned Verizon as the top quality brand.

The study had customers rate their wireless carrier with a score between -100 to 100. For 2018, T-Mobile earned an overall score of 75, up 9% from 2017 when it earned an average of 69.

Verizon came in second with 62, a 5% jump from last year’s rating of 59. AT&T earned the same 48 from its customers that it did in 2017, while Sprint’s customer satisfaction score dropped to 46 from the previous year’s 50.

Name:  tm-sat.png
Views: 428
Size:  24.3 KB

As the graph above illustrates, YouGov highlights that T-Mobile has seen the most customer satisfaction growth of the past few years. That’s likely no accident, as the company has been focusing on improving and evolving its customer support over the last year. With their Team of Experts initiative, they have gotten rid of robots and call transfers to give customers a better support experience.

YouGov’s 2018 report also discovered that its respondents voted T-Mobile as the most quality brand when compared to the other major US carriers. Notably, Verizon held this title for the last two years.

Name:  tm-qual-2.png
Views: 414
Size:  24.7 KB

The same growth trends were seen for the quality metric. T-Mobile saw an 11% jump YoY, while Verizon saw growth, but not enough to keep the top spot. AT&T was stagnant, while Sprint’s quality rating dropped.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Not bad for a brand once described as "Ghetto".
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    That's what most people here (that I know of) used to (some may still) refer to Sprint as.. 'ghetto', especially in the Nextel era.
    I don't know if I'd consider T-Mobile as top 'quality' unless I knew what metrics were being used. This is more of a personal subjective bit answer, so it truly varies as to where I am.
    Eg.: SoCal 5/5, Kauai - 3/5, Northern Michigan 2.5/5, Upstate NY / Vermont (3/5), Boston 4/5, Las Vegas 4/5
    The more rural I am... the lower rating that I would typically give, as T-Mo's rural coverage typically is 0 indoors in many rural areas, compared to others (I use an AT&T work phone).
    The 'quality' becomes an issue when you have a signal, but unusable service for me. Eg. Wynn, Las Vegas, parts of Northern MI (tower spacing).
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    That's for sure.

The T-Mobile marketing team was and is smart to go after millennials with ads like this since most of them don't have the same experiences or prejudices as guys like me might have.

Feedback Score
    I skimmed. Couldn't find out how many people were surveyed.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Never heard of YouGov but good on T-Mobile. I can imagine the customer friendly deals helping and they've got plenty.

Feedback Score
    What's truly amazing about this is that there have been no Verizon or AT&T trolls posting about how flawed the study and report is, and that it cannot possibly be true. How much longer will it be do you think? LOL

Feedback Score
    They’re all on the phone trying to reach Verizon’s customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    What's truly amazing about this is that there have been no Verizon or AT&T trolls posting about how flawed the study and report is, and that it cannot possibly be true. How much longer will it be do you think? LOL
    YouGov appears to be in the business of performing surveys commissioned by corporate clients. Who funded this one?

Doesn't really matter. What matters is T-Mo's subscriber numbers and financial results. Those have been looking good for a while.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They've improved for sure, I'm happy to see it, but I still have a higher opinion of the quality of Verizon, T-Mobile still seems kinda cheap to me, they cut corners in important things like generators for sites (VERY important in areas like this), it's the little things that make the difference, and all the speed and hype won't help you if the network is sub par

Feedback Score
    Location, Location, Location.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    That entity was finally shown the door.

Feedback Score
    I'm at the point now I want all the carriers to improve. It helps us all and pushes the others to also improve when one does

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    That's what most people here (that I know of) used to (some may still) refer to Sprint as.. 'ghetto', especially in the Nextel era.
    I don't know if I'd consider T-Mobile as top 'quality' unless I knew what metrics were being used. This is more of a personal subjective bit answer, so it truly varies as to where I am.
    Eg.: SoCal 5/5, Kauai - 3/5, Northern Michigan 2.5/5, Upstate NY / Vermont (3/5), Boston 4/5, Las Vegas 4/5
    The more rural I am... the lower rating that I would typically give, as T-Mo's rural coverage typically is 0 indoors in many rural areas, compared to others (I use an AT&T work phone).
    The 'quality' becomes an issue when you have a signal, but unusable service for me. Eg. Wynn, Las Vegas, parts of Northern MI (tower spacing).
    I agree. TMobile needs some work in rural areas and indoors

They are a lot better than they used to be though and seem to be on their way to at least matching Verizon coverage in due time

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile for the whole globe , Att reactivated!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Let me disagree a little bit about Boston and the area, I can give solid 3/5. Even main hospitals are partially covered. Not to mention rash hours congestions. Logan airport gave me less than 1 download while Att solid 50+.
    I also use At&t - T-mobile side by side. I can give solid 5/5 for Att here. May be you can find a spot where T-mobile is faster than Att, but the ration of bad spots is 1:10
    100% agree with you nowadays you can trust only what you see yourself. I drove some Rootmetrics bad Att test spots and had 10+ speed while their reports showed less than 1.

P.S. I already had the most reliable Toyota based on Consumer Reports. Never again :-)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast