Thread: Brother gave me a iphone SE that has no sim slot

Feedback Score

Brother gave me a iphone SE that has no sim slot

First off, i am legally blind and never leave my home.. (this will help you understand my question better)

I want to use a different carrier since Boost does not offer talk and text only plans.. (I use my wifi for internet) Since the phone does not have a SIM, is there anyway to unlock it even if I have to pay someone.. I don't want to pay for data that I will never use... Unless you know of some secret Boost text/talk only plan

Feedback Score
    you will need to upgrade your phone as they are shutting down CDMA the phone must have LTE. do you know what network you would like to use ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    you will need to upgrade your phone as they are shutting down CDMA the phone must have LTE. do you know what network you would like to use ??
    T-Mo or VZW would probably be my choices.. Why are they shuting down CDMA?? Is it a Sprit thing or is VZW shutting down cDma too?

Feedback Score
    Verizon is shutting down CDMA also so you must have a phone that has LTE and get VoLTE. you can read more here - https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...twork-shutdown

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    The iPhone SE supports LTE and VoLTE and will not be effected by the 3G shutdown.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leweezo View Post
    First off, i am legally blind and never leave my home.. (this will help you understand my question better)

I want to use a different carrier since Boost does not offer talk and text only plans.. (I use my wifi for internet) Since the phone does not have a SIM, is there anyway to unlock it even if I have to pay someone.. I don't want to pay for data that I will never use... Unless you know of some secret Boost text/talk only plan
    All versions of the iPhone SE have a SIM card. It's in a slide out tray on the right edge of the phone when the screen is facing you. To slide out the tray you need to push a SIM removal tool or a straightened paperclip into a small hole in the tray.

The phone needs to be unlocked to use it on another operator. Boost will unlock the phone for free after it's been on Boost for a year.

Feedback Score
    Or use an app like Talkatone for internet calling and texting. Call sound quality is only average but it works on my 3g. Tell me if I'm wrong but 3g should still work but with possible"interruptions"
    due to its low priority.