Thread: TracFone Alternatives

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 (Tello Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello Mobile, Mint Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Unreal Mobile
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb TracFone Alternatives

I used to have TracFone, but I found cheaper better options. I use Mint Mobile and Tello Mobile. (The Tello Link Gives You $10 Tello Dollars, so Sign Up With The Link.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueyzachary View Post
    I used to have TracFone, but I found cheaper better options. I use Mint Mobile and Tello Mobile. (The Tello Link Gives You $10 Tello Dollars, so Sign Up With The Link.)
    Tello is a great service if Sprint is good enough for you. I have two old Sprint phones with Tello service. One is a glovebox backup and the other is a relative's hotspot. Sprint is not good enough for my daily use.

Verizon is the only one with signal inside my house so I use Tracfone with Verizon. My use is very low so TF doesn't cost much.

What is Mint? T-Mobile? T-Mo has zero signal at my house and it is hit and miss, worse than Sprint, around my area.

Feedback Score
    Yep, it's a Verizon and AT&T world for many outside of the urban areas. I have a phone on T-Mobile which is OK where I live, but will often crap out a couple of miles away. Sprint is far worse here. A large part of the final demise of Radio Shack was they were locked into selling only Sprint service like Boost and Virgin.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    My experience has found Sprint to be garbage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    My experience has found Sprint to be garbage.
    Depends on where you are. T-Mo is garbage in my area, Sprint is ok, and this is not a major metro area.

I used Sprint for two years as my primary service. It was ok. I just had to accept that I might not get service between towns if not on a major highway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Depends on where you are...I just had to accept that I might not get service between towns if not on a major highway.
    Even the larger highways have weak spots, and if you live not far away from them it gets lousy fast. My area is that way with big hills, mostly forested, and local limits on cell tower height. T-Mo and Sprint are NFG here.

I found it amusing when a T-Mo store opened in town, knowing that their reception was almost useless 2 miles away. By that time the Radio Shack store had closed, so there was no Sprint sales for 40 miles. Heard later that store had almost no Sprint signal. How can you sell a phone that doesn't work?
    Last edited by loboheeler; 01-07-2019 at 06:22 PM.