Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Band 71 sighting thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Today I noticed some ropes hanging from the T-Mobile tower south of my home and it looked like some larger panels had been installed. No technicians present and no band-71 signal but I'm hopeful that it won't be much longer. At long last.
    Hope they light it up soon for you. I bet you will like the result.

T-Mo deployed band 71 in my area a few months ago after many TV stations cris-crossing the area moved to their new frequencies. The result is that I now have solid usable T-Mo LTE service inside my home, even in the most interior room. Previously I had no T-Mo signal at home. As best as I can tell the closest cell to home is about five miles away. Signal around town went from hit and miss to solid everywhere I checked. It remains to be seen how well they have between towns covered. The definitely did not before.

However, it's not very fast. I'm only getting 4 Mbps near a window and 3 Mbps in interior rooms. In town it was 10 Mbps.

The T-Mo maps show that they have deployed 5G here too. HoFo posts have said that they are using most of the bandwidth for 5G rather than LTE. I don't know what X by X bandwidth they have here.

I saw an article today that Erricson expects to have DSS ready for their gear withing 12 months.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Band 13 (on VZW) is like that. It's better to have something than nothing, that's for sure; but it's a big difference to drop from generally 10-30mbps off band 4, 2, etc. to getting like 1-5mbps off band 13. A lot better than the 128kbps-400kbps I would get off 3G (EVDO) in those areas... only so much LTE (edit: or 5G ) can do about it though. Band 13 (like band 71) is simply a large amount of fringe coverage with a relatively narrow slice of spectrum serving it.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Hope they light it up soon for you. I bet you will like the result.....
    I just drove past the tower in question, running CellMapper, and picked up a flash of band-71. First band-71 tower mapped in this county. Hopefully, next time we visit some of the traditional dead spots around here, I'll have service, for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    ......Band 13 (like band 71) is simply a large amount of fringe coverage with a relatively narrow slice of spectrum serving it.
    Fortunately, around here the towers are spaced for mid-band, so there won't be a lot of fringe to cover. Mostly the dead spots between cells and indoor.

P.S. At least I can now get a signal in Walmart and don't have to use their WiFi.
    Last edited by DRNewcomb; 03-06-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Driving around today CellMapper spotted a site newly upgraded with band-71. So after waiting around for about 5 months, T-Mobile seems to finally be getting serious about upgrading the local coverage.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    A new band-71 site showed up yesterday. At this rate, the existing towers in the county should be upgraded in a year.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Driving around today CellMapper spotted a site newly upgraded with band-71. So after waiting around for about 5 months, T-Mobile seems to finally be getting serious about upgrading the local coverage.
    You know that was because a TV station in Jackson, MS and that your city is extremely close to the line from the New Orleans TV stations that are still blocking some band 71 markets. Really FCC Phase 9 & 10 still hasn’t repacked the TV stations. Orlando, Fl still doesn’t have Band 71 due to TV stations.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    You know that was because a TV station in Jackson, MS and that your city is extremely close to the line from the New Orleans TV stations that are still blocking some band 71 markets. Really FCC Phase 9 & 10 still hasn’t repacked the TV stations. Orlando, Fl still doesn’t have Band 71 due to TV stations.
    KGLA-TV (Ch 42) does not interfere with blocks A, B or C. Band-71 is deployed in New Orleans.

Feedback Score
    How do you easily see this with Cellmapper? Or is it not easy, and you happen to be familiar enough with the area towers from looking a lot that you checked one and saw a change?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    How do you easily see this with Cellmapper? Or is it not easy, and you happen to be familiar enough with the area towers from looking a lot that you checked one and saw a change?
    Cellmapper has had a lot of User Interface design upgrades that seem a little harder to use. However it seems to work better. First I have an account that I sign in with that knows I am a T-Mobile customers. Anyway you find the option “Bands” then select Band 71 only, then the option “Maps” at the Top of the page. It should show you only the Band71 towers on the map in your area.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    These new 5G cities with Band 71 shows that T-Mobile is building out 5G to small and medium sized cities.

T-Mobile has confirmed that its 5G coverage is now live in several more markets.

T-Mo says that it recently flipped the switch on its 5G network in seven new markets. Those include Folly Beach, SC; Reynoldsville, PA; and Tallulah, LA.

Here’s the full list of new 5G markets announced by T-Mobile recently:

Folly Beach, SC
    Lonaconing, MD
    Old Fort, NC
    Reynoldsville, PA
    Mercersburg, PA
    Perryopolis, PA
    Tallulah, LA

T-Mobile adds 10 more cities

T-Mobile has activated its 5G network in 10 new markets. They include places like Hood River, OR; Hatch, NM; Hampton, IA; and several more.

Here’s the full list of newly-announced 5G locales:

Cordes Lakes, AZ
    Ault, CO
    Bloomfield, IN
    Versailles, IN
    Hampton, IA
    Hatch, NM
    Four Bridges, OH
    Hennessey, OK
    Hood River, OR
    Newburg, WI

This new T-Mobile 5G coverage uses 600MHz spectrum and is compatible with the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, and OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren.

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/03/t-mo...ds-10-markets/

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I noticed another band 71 upgrade in Gulfport, MS yesterday. There could be more. I'm not getting out much these days. My phone tends to find band 71 more often, which may have something to do with a change of band priorities due to adding DISH's spectrum. Just a guess.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    This site closest to my home constructed in the late 90’s recently got an upgrade of B71, 12 & 2. It was formerly B4 only. I’m guessing the middle panel is also B41 capable.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Both B71 and N71 live in Louisville, KYName:  Screenshot_20200408-092701_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  30.8 KB

Sent from my SM-G986U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdob07 View Post
    Both B71 and N71 live in Louisville, KYName:  Screenshot_20200408-092701_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  30.8 KB

Sent from my SM-G986U using HoFo mobile app
    Wow nice! Its aggregating n71 + B71 and both at 15 MHz!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9