Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Band 71 sighting thread.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Hello everyone I'm here to start a band 71 citing thread for all things band 71. Post it here.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    This is the best Map for T-Mobile Band 71 coverage.

Just noticed that T-Mobile has deployed Band 71 into 48 of the US States with only Alaska and Hawaii missing. However I have seen someone on Reddit/T-Mobile that claimed they had Band 71 in Hawaii.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 01-12-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post

Just noticed that T-Mobile has deployed Band 71 into 48 of the US States with only Alaska and Hawaii missing. However I have seen someone on Reddit/T-Mobile that claimed they had Band 71 in Hawaii.
    that map is interesting, don’t know about the accuracy in other areas when zoomed in, but in Utah and Colorado it shows in car reports in the middle of large lake and in the wilderness where T-Mobile shows no service.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    that map is interesting, don’t know about the accuracy in other areas when zoomed in, but in Utah and Colorado it shows in car reports in the middle of large lake and in the wilderness where T-Mobile shows no service.
    The data points from that map comes directly from T- Mobile. I don’t understand the process of the data but it has something to do with what T-Mobile sends to Third party NVMO and Networks that roam on T-Mobile. The in-car is just a signal streanth rating in that area.

BTW, that map shows just one Band 71 site in Florida, just north of Naples, Florida. I checked T-Mobile’s official coverage green map that showed what Spectrum bands were active where you drop a pin point and North Naples shows 600 MHz in that area on the official T-Mobile coverage map.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The data points from that map comes directly from T- Mobile. I don’t understand the process of the data but it has something to do with what T-Mobile sends to Third party NVMO and Networks that roam on T-Mobile. The in-car is just a signal streanth rating in that area.

BTW, that map shows just one Band 71 site in Florida, just north of Naples, Florida. I checked T-Mobile’s official coverage green map that showed what Spectrum bands were active where you drop a pin point and North Naples shows 600 MHz in that area on the official T-Mobile coverage map.
    That's great they are launching very quickly all over the country where they have it available

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Based on another map? I don't see any in plenty of states when using that map.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    There's a height limitation in NYC and they're over it. I originally thought the antennas were too large as well but they're ok.
    Ah, interesting. Is that a frequent occurrence or is this a one off and it'll be ignored?

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Ah, interesting. Is that a frequent occurrence or is this a one off and it'll be ignored?
    It may be a frequent occurrence because if it's consistently violated the city may go after the carrier

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    They've almost completely skipped Colorado. They've only added band 71 in the extreme northern and southern edges of my state.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    They've almost completely skipped Colorado. They've only added band 71 in the extreme northern and southern edges of my state.
    It's probably because the television stations haven't gone off air yet

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    They can deploy in Larimer and Weld counties on the Front Range, most of the eastern plains, and the western slope. Denver cant launch until Summer and Colorado Springs is blocked clear up to Castle Rock until 2020 I think.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did you use Cellmapper to search of just look at your phone's service page to look for B71? Just because you didn't connect when you looked at the service page and didn't see B71 doesn't mean anything.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did you use Cellmapper to search of just look at your phone's service page to look for B71? Just because you didn't connect when you looked at the service page and didn't see B71 doesn't mean anything.
    I was looking at your linked map. Based on that, there are many states that have no band 71 at all.

For example, I just looked at the 3 closest states to where I am - MA, RI, CT and there's none in any. If every other state had it, that's 47.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was looking at your linked map. Based on that, there are many states that have no band 71 at all.

For example, I just looked at the 3 closest states to where I am - MA, RI, CT and there's none in any. If every other state had it, that's 47.

Well how accurate is cellmapper?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Ok, you are right now that I looked closer I don't see B71 in MA, RI, CT. Any others other than MA, RI, CT, Hawaii and Alaska? Really they only have one B71 site in Florida but it is there from personal reports on Reddit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast